R44 Pilot/Instructor in Fiji

Need a Pilot? Advertise here.
helitoursfiji

R44 Pilot/Instructor in Fiji

Postby helitoursfiji » Fri Aug 1 2014, 04:41

Heli-Tours Fiji is an expanding helicopter charter company specializing in high level tourism. We are looking for a motivated enthusiastic pilot to fly our Robinson R44 helicopter on scenic flights, resort transfers, aerial photography and general charter based out of Port Denarau, Nadi Fiji. The successful applicant will expect to see the best parts of the Fiji Island group from the air.

Applicants must be motivated, well dressed and have previous tourism experience. They should be self driven and strive to complete all tasks as set for the general progress and best interests of the company.

Duties include flying and related paperwork, assisting with maintenance inspections, company driving and meeting guests. Overseeing ground grew staff, maintaining the Denarau Helipad and assisting with marketing and brochure drops.

The applicant would also be expected to conduct helicopter instruction and Intro flights through our sister company: Pacific Flying School.

The Applicant must have:
ICAO CPL(H) (NZ or AUZ preferred)
500 hours PIC
R22 and R44 experience
Grade 2 Helicopter Instructor with R22 instructing experience.
Clean criminal record including a police clearance
Single and happy to move to Fiji full time
AS355 & / or SA365 Rating would be an advantage

Remuneration will be based on experience and accommodation and company phone is provided.

Applications to tyson @ helitoursfiji dot com with the subject heading "R44 Pilot Position"
Breece
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: R44 Pilot/Instructor in Fiji

Postby Breece » Fri Aug 1 2014, 05:59

Why does the successful candidate have to be single?
AgRattler
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby AgRattler » Sat Aug 2 2014, 02:18

Mabye the bosses daughter is single? :wink:
Redlining in neutral
nzflyer
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby nzflyer » Sat Aug 2 2014, 06:51

Because that's what they have requested. It's easier keeping 1 person happy apposed to 2
Breece
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Breece » Sat Aug 2 2014, 07:23

That's fair enough NZFlyer,
I know there's certain requirements I'm looking for when hiring staff, but it's a shame that pilots that are (potentially) more settled and comfortable (in a relationship) can't be considered for this role, or other roles that seem to favour single pilots. I know which Breece I'd prefer to employ...!

Having said that, I can definitely see Heli Tours point of view now.
Whilst I'm sitting in the comfort of Melbourne, my businesses are only ever subtly impacted by the relationship status of my staff. One guy might be a bit flat from a break-up, whilst another girl might be struggling and a bit lonely being single in Melbourne.

These sort of issues would be magnified x100 for Tim at Heli Tours Fiji. I do hope, however that in years to come he has some good experiences with Pilots that are "going steady", which could lead to opportunities for people to take up a position in a beautiful part of the world.

Good luck to Tim and his team at Heli Tours.
http://www.helitoursfiji.com/
Breece Gevaux
Turning base
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Turning base » Sat Aug 2 2014, 08:24

Understand totally the preference for a single person however not sure it's legal to have such a condition. (unless the laws are different in Fiji?)
Breece
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Breece » Sat Aug 2 2014, 11:57

Fantastic write up:

“Bucket-list worthy. Sensational.”
5 of 5 stars
Reviewed 14 January 2014
http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g294335-d3661067-r190767394-Heli_Tours_Fiji-Nadi_Viti_Lev.html#REVIEWS

The Heli-Tour that we experienced was like flying through the pages of the National Geographic magazine!

I decided to do something unique and arranged to charter a helicopter with Heli-tours. With the help of owner/pilot, Tim Joyce, we planned an incredible tour that covered the Mamanuca and Yasawa Islands and a Mount Evans.

Highlights: It was a beautiful day for flying and we were in for a amazing tour filled with stunning views of the sensational coral reefs, brilliant crystal blue water, an occasional turtle, capitvating white sand beaches, dramatic rock formations, deep gorges with lush tropical life and breathtaking waterfalls. Now, we know where the movies, Blue Lagoon and Tom Hanks, Cast Away, were filmed. As we flew over Monuriki (often referred to as Castaway Island), we tried, but were unable to find Wilson. Amazon.com actually sells Wilson Sporting Goods volleyballs, identical to Tom Hanks's Cast Away 'co-star', Wilson. Yes. Wilson's 'face' is printed on the volleyball.

It is difficult to describe beauty that is, quite frankly, indescribable, or an experience that takes your breathaway the moment you step into the helicopter. If this is your first visit to Fiji, you will fall in love with her; if you already love Fiji, your appreciation for her natural beauty will only deepen.

Safety: We felt comfortable and confident selecting Heli-Tour. Both the owner, Tim Joyce and Tyson, the pilot that took us on our tour, came highly recommended.

In restrospect: There are 3 things that I wish I had done:
1) Read up on the islands that we were flying over; although, Tyson did a very good job of sharing interesting facts of the islands throughout the entire tour.
2) Arranged a tour like this one with our daughter.
3) Arranged to do this as soon as I landed in Fiji.

Suggestion: If you are visiting the Fiji Islands and want this to be the vacation that tops all other vacations, schedule a Heli-Tour. Don't leave the Islands without getting an aerial helicopter view of Fiji's phenomenal beauty. If you want to plan the perfect setting to 'pop the question' but lack creativity contact Tim. He did such a great job helping me plan our tour, I am confident that he can assist you planning a heart-stopping, mind-blogging, fantastic tour. Cheers!

Visited January 2014
Breece Gevaux
KiwiKid
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby KiwiKid » Sat Aug 2 2014, 12:21

Its only a job advert not a contract.
Im sure if you are the rite guy for the job they would take you.
Not easy for partners to find work in Fiji hence why the preference to be single.

Return to “Pilots Required”