Bristow

Need a Pilot? Advertise here.
Mongrel Dog
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Re: Bristow

Postby Mongrel Dog » Sat Apr 12 2014, 03:10

FF. Don't you have more important things to be doing right now?
Skeeter
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Skeeter » Sat Apr 12 2014, 03:34

NZhelo, I guess they enjoy more of this
Attachments
temp.jpg
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Sat Apr 12 2014, 03:46

"Don't you have more important things to do FF"

MD,
One would have thought so!.
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Sat Apr 12 2014, 04:10

Just on a little intermission, so to speak...
spcrewie
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby spcrewie » Sat Apr 12 2014, 23:38

Get that catchers mitt on FF
Heli
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Heli » Sun Apr 13 2014, 02:48

QED wrote:NZHelo... when the alternative is getting paid very little to do more dangerous work in machines that aren't as well looked after... I'll take the boredom thanks.

Which begs the question: are you in aviation as a Helicopter Pilot, or as a systems operator looking for a wage?

If you're a Helicopter Pilot then offshore flying has its attractions, but can become tedious over the years. The airline flying of the helicopter world with the same limitations of being extremely regulated and little variation.

But I can see the attraction for many: having been there for about 8+ years I far prefer the variety and challenge of GA helicopter ops.
Nawty
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Nawty » Sun Apr 13 2014, 03:41

I was offered a job with Lloyds years ago....turned it down as a glorified taxi driver did not appeal.

Besides...never having done a w&b since my com exam, never owning current publications since my com exam and going several years without maps.....probably meant I was not meant for the regulated life....
Ian McMinn
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Ian McMinn » Sun Apr 13 2014, 04:08

QED wrote:NZHelo... when the alternative is getting paid very little to do more dangerous work in machines that aren't as well looked after... I'll take the boredom thanks.

There might be more than two options out there if you look hard enough!
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Tue Apr 29 2014, 12:38

Here's another option 8)

The New 189, pics from Norwich.

http://www.panxworth.com/gallery3/Aviation-1259969367/AW189
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Skeeter
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Skeeter » Fri May 30 2014, 02:40

From AFAP:

Bristow Helicopters Australia is largest provider of offshore helicopter services to the Australian oil and gas sector. A part of the Bristow Group, Bristow Australia is expanding its fleet and we are looking for pilots (SAR and Crew Change) to join us as we help Australia develop its natural resources. You could be touring Broome, Darwin, Exmouth, Barrow Island, Tooradin, Essendon, Karratha, or to our new base at Ceduna, South Australia.

We are recruiting pilots who will be flying our fleet of S-92, EC225, AW139 or S-76C++ aircraft. This is an exciting period to work for Bristow Australia as we invest in adding more new helicopters to our existing fleet. In addition we will be operating a 24/7 All Weather SAR S-92 from our Ceduna base. For this project we are recruiting SAR Pilots. SAR Training will be provided to Pilots from January 2015 in the UK.

So if you have the skills, experience and dedication that we are looking for and want to be a part of this successful Bristow team, a distinction that is recognised in helicopter aviation around the world, then apply now. Minimum requirements for pilots are 800 hours with IREX. ATPL is desirable, as are endorsements on one or more of our fleet types.

Please contact the Human Resources Department on ausburecruitment@bristowgroup.com. All candidates who have previously submitted their interest in a role with Bristow must apply directly in response to this advertisement.

Applications close 5pm Friday 27th June 2014.
Jabberwocky
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Jabberwocky » Fri May 30 2014, 03:07

I think quite a few people have been waiting intently for this advert to come to fruition. The post count will go nuts, although half of the views in here already are probably my own...

Good luck all.
AgRattler
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby AgRattler » Fri May 30 2014, 05:14

I'm with Nawty!
Last edited by AgRattler on Fri May 30 2014, 06:42, edited 1 time in total.
Redlining in neutral
bigglesbutler
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby bigglesbutler » Fri May 30 2014, 05:47

The 189 from what I am hearing is a VERY sexy beast, lets hope we get them down here sometime soon.

Si

Return to “Pilots Required”