Interstate restrictions

Ask a question. Post an answer. Learn something!
Eastwoodblade
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Interstate restrictions

Postby Eastwoodblade » Sat Mar 28 2020, 23:06

I'm currently FIFO and there is potential of me not able to get to site via mainstream airlines obviously! What are the restrictions of flying myself QLD to WA private mine site.
Rotary as in not the Wankel engine...
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: Interstate restrictions

Postby Twistgrip » Sat Mar 28 2020, 23:22

You will need an exemption from WA govt to travel plus a letter from your employer and a WA arrivals form.
Mainstream airlines still flying to Perth however you will need to get your paperwork in order prior to disembarking. There are also restrictions in WA for movement between shires.

More information here
https://www.mediastatements.wa.gov.au/Pages/McGowan/2020/03/WA-travel-restrictions-come-into-place-from-midnight-Tuesday.aspx
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Sun Mar 29 2020, 02:47

Expect to be met by Boarder Force.
They will inform you that if it turns out you are not exempt (from restrictions/isolation requirements), you will face a $50 000 fine.
(Don’t worry - it’s only Australian dollars :D )
Gasket18
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Gasket18 » Mon Mar 30 2020, 09:42

Hey mate, I'm FIFO as well.. luckily for us our site has it's own airstrip. And we use corporate flights. Having said that our company has contracts at other mins all over the country. They where on the ball right from the start. Any of our employees working in another state to where they live already have exemption letters, so they can travel anywhere for work. then the next hurdle was the majority of airlines have shut down flights. So again our company stepped up and booked the same airline as my site to fly to other sites. Hopefully our company is on it.

Return to “Helicopter Q&A”