duan phillips vtol phillicopter

Ask a question. Post an answer. Learn something!
Koezy
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

duan phillips vtol phillicopter

Postby Koezy » Sun Sep 5 2010, 06:26

the website is a bit short on details. anyone got any info. able to do charter work? K
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Re: duan phillips vtol phillicopter

Postby black duck » Sun Sep 5 2010, 07:22

I've tried a couple of times to get info out of them and can't get a reply Koezy. Looking at it, it would be fairly similar to a Safari kit in performance. For the money I recon you'd be better off in a 22 (did I just say that???? :shock:)
"It's wabbit seathon! It' duck seathon! I dare you to shoot me now!"
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Sun Sep 5 2010, 07:28

ehh ehh ehh, BANG BD! :twisted:
A good idea needs landing gear as well as wings to get off the ground.
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Sun Sep 5 2010, 11:23

The phillicopter has been about to "take off" for more than 20 years.
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Mon Sep 6 2010, 05:39

skypig wrote:The phillicopter has been about to "take off" for more than 20 years.
Wow thats what I call high enertia!! :D
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Mon Sep 6 2010, 08:27

Pigs correct!

I did my training in Newcastle in the Mid 90's and it was holed up in a hangar at Maitland back then. I actually think its very first flight way back when it actually nose dived :cry: ....
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Tactical71
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Tactical71 » Sat Mar 5 2011, 03:26

Hi all, new to the forum.

I contacted Duan Phillips last year after information about it and it never showed up. If I was looking to buy now, I would probably go with the NZ distributor for Safari, Pacific Home Rotors. www.safarinz.com
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Sat Mar 5 2011, 10:44

Tactical,

Dont be dissapointed but i believe Ol Duan is in his late 70 or even early 80's by now. So i wouldnt expect anything soon. Im from the Hunter valley and in the 16 years ive been involved with the industry ive never seen the phillicopter out and about so to speak. im a frequent at maitland airport these days and have never seen it to be honest, but ill ask one of the engineers thats been there for a good while and get the goss on it. :D
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Sharon

Postby Sharon » Sat Mar 19 2011, 03:39

This is to the people who have knocked my father, I would like to see you achieve what he has done, my father is 83 and still going strong. So back off and get a life. He is a very smart man, would leave you for dead. He just needs someone to believe in his dream and give the financial support that he deserves and instead of tire kicker.

sharon
Tactical71
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Tactical71 » Sat Mar 19 2011, 08:05

Sharon,

I dont think anyone here is knocking your father as such. On the contrary, the fact that people are talking about him should show you that he is someone who people are intereted in. I certainly wasnt aware how old he is until informed by Twistgrip. I have a lot of respect for people like your father who can develop something like a helicopter in faces of huge corporations.

For your information, the website is still active which is what propmted the original posting. If he is unable to assist with enquiries, then maybe you could take the enquiries for him.

But I certnainly wasnt having a go at him!
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Sat Mar 19 2011, 10:07

Tactical71 wrote:Sharon,

I dont think anyone here is knocking your father as such. On the contrary, the fact that people are talking about him should show you that he is someone who people are intereted in. I certainly wasnt aware how old he is until informed by Twistgrip. I have a lot of respect for people like your father who can develop something like a helicopter in faces of huge corporations.

For your information, the website is still active which is what propmted the original posting. If he is unable to assist with enquiries, then maybe you could take the enquiries for him.

But I certnainly wasnt having a go at him!

agree with Tactical Sharon, neither myself nor Black duck were having a dig either, on the contrary we were searching for info and had tried the website to no avail to get further information. We also have a lot of respect for anyone who tries to develop something in the aviation world, specially these days up against the big $$$ and strict procedures that have to be complied with to even get to the testing phase. Would certainly like to hear if the helicopter has gone ahead or if there is anything in the pipeline for future developments down the track. Huge compliment to your dad that it never got very far yet so many people still know about it, and still ask about it after all this time.

As a granddaughter of an RAAF war Pilot and mechanic (one of the four men who recovered and helped restore one of the P-39 Airacobras that crash landed on Cape York in 1942) and who now builds beautiful aircraft models by hand to fill the aviation passion void (no longer able to fly) I can well and truly appreciate how the passion goes down the line and he has often bemoaned being short on the years he needed to achieve the things he wanted to in the world of flying. One day I will post some photos on BS of the Airacobra recovery and rebuild, and also some of the models he has built from scratch, fixed wings but all the same, still a passion for flying and breathtaking to see the work and detail he now lavishes on his models.

Good luck to you and your family, and please as said above, any more information would be appreciated if you decide to follow it through one day.
A good idea needs landing gear as well as wings to get off the ground.
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Tue Mar 22 2011, 22:25

No offence intended Sharon, I do apologise if it appeared that way.
BD
Sharon

Postby Sharon » Wed Feb 29 2012, 11:15

hi everyone, I am a bit off a spitfire when it comes to my dad, please send me contact numbers and I will get my father to contact you. Sharon
splasher

Postby splasher » Thu Mar 31 2016, 07:39

Sharon wrote:hi everyone, I am a bit off a spitfire when it comes to my dad, please send me contact numbers and I will get my father to contact you. Sharon

Open letter to Sharon Phillips:

Hi Sharon,

I recently noticed you have made a copyright claim against me airing the Phillicopter on my YouTube channel.

I had uploaded the video to drive traffic to the 2 page spread/layout I had on my Australian PR2 helicopter website promoting your fathers helicopter along with images, specifications and contact details to direct potential buyers to VTOL if they wanted to purchase the Phillicopter helicopter.

I would ask that you please contact YouTube and withdraw your complaint, and I will refrain from uploading any and all material on the Phillicopter and or VTOL.
My website is totally self funded (since 2006), I am unemployed and the advertising on YouTube was my only income but now I face a 6 month suspension for the copyright complaint.

I have already removed the information pages promoting the Phillicopter from the website (the website page was getting over 1,500 views a month).

I hope you can understand my position. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you or your family.

Kind regards,

Adam

Return to “Helicopter Q&A”