Helicopter Pilots required

Need a hand? Try the *Forum FAQ* link at the top. Failing that, post a question here.
Ian Batton
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Helicopter Pilots required

Postby Ian Batton » Wed Aug 24 2011, 05:18

An established company operating helicopters throughout Australia is seeking pilots.

With expanding operations into the Pacific region, we are seeking applications for suitably qualified and experienced helicopter pilots, for Australian and PNG operations. This is for an immediate start.

We are offering a competitive package to suitable candidates.

The minimum requirements and qualifications are as follows:

• 3000 hours TT
• 2000 hours command
• 200 hours on AS350
• Ag or survey experience
• Mountain / PNG experience is desirable

Applicants will need to show a high degree of professionalism, safety awareness and a willingness to perform to a consistently high standard.

Please forward applications with a brief letter and resume, in the first instance, to: info@gryphonaero.com.au

Applications close 29th August 2011

Posted on behalf of someone else, don't call me. reply to the email address above.
Now where's my beer
helicopspeeder
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: Helicopter Pilots required

Postby helicopspeeder » Thu Aug 25 2011, 04:13

Hey Ian, any chance of a little more info about this company? Where it is based? Is this a touring gig for both Australian ops and PNG? Is this a North Queensland based company by chance?
Cheers,
H.S.
The voices in my head are debating the lyrics to "Hotel California"
hector
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby hector » Thu Aug 25 2011, 07:44

helicopspeeder wrote:...any chance of a little more info about this company? Where it is based? Is this a touring gig for both Australian ops and PNG? Is this a North Queensland based company by chance?

The best way to find out is to send in an application if you meet the mins. If it's the company I am guessing, they are reputable Vic-based, touring from where you live, B3's. Could be wrong too...
Ian Batton
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Ian Batton » Sat Aug 27 2011, 03:00

Sorry I don't know anything about this job, I received an email from someone I know in the helicopter business asking if i could post it. don't know why they couldn't do it maybe they aren't a member. anyway as long as they don't take my pilots then good luck but if they do then there be HELL to PAY hahahaha LoL

Just get in touch with them.
Now where's my beer
integrity
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby integrity » Fri Sep 23 2011, 07:33

Hey Ian, can I make a suggestion?

And that is, don't do favors and post things for people whom you don't think represent the very best of the industry has to offer. You see, an "info@" email for a company that doesn't even come up on a basic google search, is nothing more than a hole in the air. It doesn't allow serious applicants to contact a real person and discuss the opportunity. Instead what it does, is allow a lazy, anonymous, obviously self-righteous blow-hard to hide at the end of their email and screen all the applicants only choosing to reply to the one or two whom he chooses to. (Even thou this applicant at least more than doubled all job requirements) No other industry would put up with such crap!

SO HEY MODS... how about a simple rule for posting job opportunities. If it's a real job, then it must be presented with a real persons name, a real phone number and a real company name. Set the mins, so these people don't field calls all day long from wanta-be applicants, but for god's sake, just how much unprofessionalism can this industry create. If you have a real job, where someone is going to strap millions of dollars worth of machine to their bum, then how about a basic level of humanity (and the implied courtesy and professionalisms that go with it) in the recruiting process.

So Ian, now because you "did the favor", I at least will always associate you with the rude pricks at the other end of the email. Not really fair is it, especially as you are one of the few who actually post under their real name (I assume). And yes I did send follow-ups, only to be further ignored. (How bloody hard is it to have a 'no thanks' email drafted, and send it off to people?)

The level of joy derived from flying has just about been extinguished by the rest of the crap in this game! ("hey Mav, what's the name of that truck driving school, Truck-Master I think it was?")
Where there is no vision - the people shall perish.
choppermech1986
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby choppermech1986 » Fri Sep 23 2011, 07:52

Brilliantly said Integrity!
junque
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby junque » Fri Sep 23 2011, 08:18

Definitely agree that lack of response that some organizations is woefull and IMHO speaks volumes
Cut n paste takes a whole 10 seconds(15 if you personalize with a name) to let someone know their application has been received .
Surely not too much to ask !
lowufo
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby lowufo » Fri Sep 23 2011, 10:31

Just letting you know. This is a real company with a real job. And even real good money. I'm away flying for them now.
dmfoqs
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby dmfoqs » Sat Sep 24 2011, 02:28

I agree with integrity .What is the secret. I think it would be a good idea to have a structured questionaire for companies to fill in to advertise jobs. Company name, address, contact details, pilot requirements etc.
Jamie
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Jamie » Sat Sep 24 2011, 07:19

I agree that applicants deserve a response to their submissions but my opinion is you need to get over it.
Your behavior to not getting a response was to call them a 'self-righteous blow hard' and unfairly criticize a highly regarded employer of pilots (Ian) who has started many pilots off in the industry, for posting this position.

With all the tragedy recently, how do you know this employer is not pre-occupied?

In regard to your expert opinion of 'doubling' the hour requirement for this position, I think 3000tt is now the norm. Maybe you haven't noticed but there have been a lot of accidents in PNG of late and the insurance requirements have become much stricter, not to mention the skyrocketing premiums.

I've got no idea why you refer to Iowufo having an 'ego stroke' because he said he flies for them, not that he got the job!
This company did the wrong thing by not giving you a response letter, but boy, they sure have numerous reasons to reject your application now. Don't forget it's a small industry.
lowufo
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby lowufo » Sat Sep 24 2011, 09:47

No I didn't apply for this job (the one advertised above) So I don't know who the “rude ignorant poppet” and in the other post you referred to him/her as “a lazy, anonymous, obviously self-righteous blow-hard” who was going through the emails.
I’m a contract pilot and since the company didn't have any luck filling the position before the contract started I was approached to do a tour. So sorry integrity I didn't get a ego stroke from my post, I was just pointing out that there was a real job. Yes the TT minimum are a must for PNG not to mention that a lot of the clients wont allow pilots with out In Country time. No matter how much TT you have. I came up to replace a pilot that was to do the job but didn't have In country time so the client wouldn't let him fly.
I don't think I need to “manup” and say who I’m contracted with on a public forum. I’m guessing the pilots who got close to the mark with their resume did get a reply.
Maybe your “real” name was already known to the email receiver/company?? ...
As Jamie pointed out “Don't forget it's a small industry”
skidnibbler
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby skidnibbler » Sat Sep 24 2011, 19:52

lowufo, how do you go about getting that "in country time" initially? are you saying no one will hire in PNG unless they've flown there previously?
Where does one start. :?
AgRattler
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby AgRattler » Sat Sep 24 2011, 21:32

Skidnibbler , you work on contracts that dont require you to have '" in country time ".
Redlining in neutral
integrity
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby integrity » Sat Sep 24 2011, 22:53

Hello again fellow professional helo pilots (big tongue in cheek),

This is going on much longer than I care, but I won't just slip off silently into cyberspace without some clarity on points raised. Jamie and lowufo, I'm sorry if I came across a bit too hard for your sensitive eyes, it was a rant! Just that. I don't particularly give a damn about this job. (I've flown survey, and quite frankly find it very tedious and dull). My comments were, as stated, a rant at the continuing poor standards applied in this game by those people who find them selves wearing the recruiting hats. We deserve better in so many aspects of this "profession", and if we all don't start demanding it, this contiunal downhill slide will erode our profession to a slow death! As to the comments about time in country, the add quite clearly stated expansion in Australia as well. So If it had just said "must have PNG time" then that would have solved alot of crap woundn't it?

We, collectively, must strive to raise the bar. I've been flying since 1984, and am amazed at how this game just continues to slide downwards. Fortunately, a long time ago, I made inroads into other fields to try and secure my financial longevity, so my reliance on this industry becomes less and less. If the damn world economy would heal itself I may be able to get out for good. But i digress. Back to my point; if you can't see how this one particular add represents such a poor dealing of us as professionals, then I would suggest you have not been in the game long enough to get the sh*ts with the way most (yes most) employers treat the pilot body when it suits them. My point is, apply some professional standards to your recruiting! It is afterall, a blunt reflection of one's self.

And to Null,
thanks for giving us more illiterate computer types a glimpse of how to circumvent such problems. A question thou, in the domain bit, you list a website that I obviously tried, and came up blank. What's the deal there?

Helimusterer - if Null's response has you so upset, I would suggest that you too have missed the point, and the need for accountability on adverts and professional standards. Perhaps you have yet to endure this sad side of our industry.

And just to finish off, no i wont be bothering to ring that mob, or bloke. I'm sure by now they will have read my thoughts on the subject. Anyway, he'd probably be one of those types that when you do get through to his office, you get told "oh i'm sorry, he's in a meeting. Can i take a message?"

All for now. It's Sunday morning, and I need coffee!

TIME TO COOL DOWN AND MOVE ON...THIS TOPIC IS CLOSED. MOD
Where there is no vision - the people shall perish.

Return to “How do I...”