Bristow feeling the Pinch

What have you heard?
phugoyd

Bristow feeling the Pinch

Postby phugoyd » Tue May 17 2016, 08:36

Bristow Group: Strong Sell Due To Misleading Behavior, Looming Covenant Violation, And Likely Bankruptcy

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3973431 ... ion-likely
Beaver
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Bristow feeling the Pinch

Postby Beaver » Sun May 22 2016, 22:37

So Bristows, CHC and Erickson are all but buggered . Fun times for the helicopter industry . :roll:
Beaver
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Beaver » Sun May 22 2016, 23:23

Beaver wrote:So Bristows, CHC and Erickson are all but buggered . Fun times for the helicopter industry . :roll:

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/inde ... nys_s.html
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Mon May 23 2016, 00:17

Is it really the end if the world as a lot of people are suggesting? The work will always be there, and in all reality a company that isn't hocked up with a huge leased fleet and a ridiculous amount of overheads and multiple layers of nonsense management positions will pick up the work.

The way I see things happening is that the industry will transform into a best person for the job system rather than a seniority based type system.

Erickson is an interesting beast though, in so much as they build their own aircraft (referring to the S64's not the inherited Evergreen fleet).
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Mon May 23 2016, 01:36

From what I understand, big companies like Bristow and CHC who do off shore stuff are dictated to by the customer, stuff like nothing over 5 years old, thousands of pilots for hundreds of pilots work, split fleets, so they don't have everything from one manufacturer in case their aircraft type gets grounded, and any number of other constraints put on them. And I can imagine the OH&S bunfight they would have to contend with, a bloody nightmare on it's own. Then they need to go in with the cheapest bid to get the work.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Tue May 24 2016, 00:30

Beaver wrote:So Bristows, CHC and Erickson are all but buggered . Fun times for the helicopter industry . :roll:

Not fun if you've been laid off by one of them mate.
Mag seal
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Mag seal » Tue May 24 2016, 01:27

Have many people actually been laid off?
Balibelly
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Balibelly » Tue May 24 2016, 01:36

Mag seal wrote:Have many people actually been laid off?

Bristow 16 forced 10 voluntary

CHC 35 sent home with out pay
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Tue May 24 2016, 01:41

hand in pants wrote:From what I understand, big companies like Bristow and CHC who do off shore stuff are dictated to by the customer, stuff like nothing over 5 years old, thousands of pilots for hundreds of pilots work, split fleets, so they don't have everything from one manufacturer in case their aircraft type gets grounded, and any number of other constraints put on them. And I can imagine the OH&S bunfight they would have to contend with, a bloody nightmare on it's own. Then they need to go in with the cheapest bid to get the work.

Its not just the offshore mob that get dictated to by big oil.
I've flown jobs for plenty of oil/gas related onshore single VFR work where minimums are dictated by the customer, the mins are say 1500-2000hrs and the job could have been undertaken by a capable 500 hour pilot. Usual story around the traps I guess.
Beaver
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Beaver » Tue May 24 2016, 01:45

Evil , that was sarcasm. Hence the role of the eyes!!
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Tue May 24 2016, 04:55

Must've been my lousy eyesight. Carry on

Return to “I heard...”