Greens Party proposed changes to Melb airspace

What have you heard?
CYHeli
4th Dan
4th Dan

Greens Party proposed changes to Melb airspace

Postby CYHeli » Tue Dec 6 2016, 01:42

greens move to ban melbourne city flights. The proposed restrictions are for 5km and 2,000m!

Copy of proposed legislation here.

Although there is only a paragraph that is aimed at Melbourne, later amendments will target other cities.
They are also proposing that the Airservice board be expanded to include a member of a community noise group.

AOPA have already scheduled a meeting with Adam Brandt and the AHIA are aware of this.
What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
tinman
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Greens Party proposed changes to Melb airspace

Postby tinman » Tue Dec 6 2016, 02:29

You want a sightseeing tour over Melbourne? Sure, lemme just climb to 6500 ft to keep the noise police happy... :roll:
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Tue Dec 6 2016, 02:56

Wankers. What else could you say.

As an industry we should refuse to fly any of these morons or deal with them in any way.
At least I can't see anyone in aviation voting for the fools.

And the old chestnut of "no financial impact" has been trotted out as well.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
arrrj
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby arrrj » Tue Dec 6 2016, 03:48

We should not take this lightly.

My reading is that it could very easily be national.

Of course one hopes that sanity prevails...but what if Turnbull needs the Greens (presuming they are driving the bill) to vote with him on something major ? Then they do a deal and it goes through ! Ouch.

I think at the least AOPA and AHIA (etc) should lodge complaints.

Arrrj

PS _ my understanding is that C?S? would support this, as they don't want any form of GA in Australia, it is too bothersome for them.
arrrj
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby arrrj » Tue Dec 6 2016, 07:44

CYheli,

I note you are talking about this elsewhere. So you should.

I have passed the document to (let's say) Australia's most famous helicopter pilot, who is highly connected. I can't imagine he will be impressed.

This is lunacy, and must be stopped. Sneaky timing too...at Christmas when no one is paying attention.

We all need to rally around.

Arrrj
CYHeli
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby CYHeli » Tue Dec 6 2016, 08:57

Thanks Arrj. I hope he is not too busy with another political partnership.
Col.
What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Wed Dec 7 2016, 08:57

The only country on the planet it seems that has no idea about city helicopter infrastructure.

Regards,

Gregory
'Mankind has a perfect record in aviation - we have never left one up there!'
Coriolis
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Coriolis » Thu Dec 8 2016, 06:16

The Greens are once again trying to reinvigorate an old and dear policy of theirs to ban ALL FLIGHTS over National Parks belong an absolute minimum of 5000' AGL.
Can you imagine the impact on the 12 Apostles for instance? They now have some real power in the senate and a little bit of horse trading could see this happen. The next target is R405A and B and that has the potential to get up sooner rather than later. The exceptions will be medical/police/fire flights.
We all need to be on our guard and need to get behind the AHIA and AOPA....do nothing at your peril!
Life is like a ferris wheel;
Some days your on the top,
some days your on the botton!
arrrj
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby arrrj » Thu Dec 8 2016, 07:02

Coriolis,

100%. A lot of our friends reading this will think that it is up to someone else to prevent this lunacy. Sorry, it's not, we all must do something.

R405 is "whinge HQ", and as I fly it a lot, I (like others) am really careful to stay away from the biggest whingers.

The Greens (of course) is really the Communist Party, and it is really sad that people vote for a party by name only, without looking at what their true agenda is. (Remembering that in a communist world, only the Party can do things - not normal people !).

I urge every pilot to write to someone, and politely advise your thoughts.

Arrrj

Return to “I heard...”