EMERGENCY crews are attending a helicopter incident at Jandakot airport this afternoon.

What have you heard?
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: EMERGENCY crews are attending a helicopter incident at Jandakot airport this afternoon.

Postby Eric Hunt » Mon Feb 13 2017, 10:30

Hmmm. Saw a very similar picture back in 1988, but it was a B206 and it was night time after touch-down autos to an unlit area.

With the tail lying on the ground in line with the boom, it most likely was a blade strike as it flexed down, neatly severing the tail boom where it says "DANGER".

Probably WASN"T a tail strike leading to boom loss, or it would have spun away from the left-over bits.

My tail rotor is mounted on a plaque in my Man-Cave. Wonder where he will put his?
The Scarlett Harlot
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: EMERGENCY crews are attending a helicopter incident at Jandakot airport this afternoon.

Postby The Scarlett Harlot » Mon Feb 13 2017, 10:53

Eric Hunt wrote:Hmmm. Saw a very similar picture back in 1988, but it was a B206 and it was night time after touch-down autos to an unlit area.

With the tail lying on the ground in line with the boom, it most likely was a blade strike as it flexed down, neatly severing the tail boom where it says "DANGER".

Probably WASN"T a tail strike leading to boom loss, or it would have spun away from the left-over bits.

My tail rotor is mounted on a plaque in my Man-Cave. Wonder where he will put his?

So that "DANGER" sign was in just the right spot then? 8)
bladepitch
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby bladepitch » Mon Feb 13 2017, 13:02

Info from a friend at jandakot is that the 44 was conducting jammed pedal training lesson.
One of the higher risk lessons which Obviously has come unstuck at the final hurdle.. Can happen to any of us.
Its upright and they walked away..bruised pride and machine can be replaced..

Happy days!

Good luck to the instructor!

Cheers BP
kiwiflyer
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby kiwiflyer » Mon Feb 13 2017, 19:33

Do you think the jammed pedel come unstuck at the final hurdle :D
bladepitch
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby bladepitch » Mon Feb 13 2017, 20:24

Oh jeez.. Didnt see the pun as i was writing it..
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Mon Feb 13 2017, 20:28

Glad there's no fatalities, always the best outcome from an accident.

Any idea why they were 3 up doing emergency training?
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
bladepitch
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby bladepitch » Tue Feb 14 2017, 00:27

I only heard it was 2 POB and a fellow instructor from another flight school (from HW and not involved) happened to be out there training a student as well and lent assistance immediately.. Maybe incorrect media reporting or ive got wrong info.. Happy to be corrected..
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Tue Feb 14 2017, 01:10

bladepitch wrote:I only heard it was 2 POB and a fellow instructor from another flight school (from HW and not involved) happened to be out there training a student as well and lent assistance immediately.. Maybe incorrect media reporting or ive got wrong info.. Happy to be corrected..

That makes more sense
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
DAKOTA
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby DAKOTA » Tue Feb 14 2017, 07:35

At least they are ok :D

Return to “I heard...”