Silver Wings

Who did the Maccas run?

Postby sam 34 » Mon May 15 2017, 09:51

godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Re: Who did the Maccas run?

Postby godfather007 » Mon May 15 2017, 11:16

Rumor says it was the Clown him self (Ronald McDonald)
He loves utilising his EC120 when collecting debit.
The brown paper bag is full of cash and one cheese burger.
Look close on the poorly shot footage and see it's actually Grimmus getting out, the Hamburguler is keeping low in the back (packed with a shot gun) and if you look even closer you can see Ronald's big red nose, wild red hair and goofy looking feet at the pedals..
I'm told he prefers the 120 over his bombadoor or Hyundai when collecting bad debits from franchises.
He is legally allowed to land there.
He owned the land.
CH9 need to get their story straight and correct.
Stop the drama and report some real news.
There is always an option.
4real
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby 4real » Tue May 16 2017, 06:35

Unfortunately we now live in a world of sensationalism news reporting for a generation that thrives of it. Got to have something to post on social media to be outraged about.

In my humble opinion, even though the pilot may or may not have had permission to land covering his legal responsibilities, no matter how it's portrayed in the media, it looks poorly on the industry as a whole, especially as many city's have problems with helicopters.

My humble opinion.

Ps. Godfather, funny
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Tue May 16 2017, 10:07

Godfather.

Legal maybe as far as the Gestapo is concerned, but you can bet that the local council will dispute that.
I would bet my left nut that it isn't zoned for helicopter use. So NOT legal.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Tue May 16 2017, 10:21

Thanks 4real and you too Hip.
Not really funny for our industry.
But I have trouble sometimes holding back on my sad and sick sense of immature humour in these types of scanareos..( is that how it is spelt??)
Most of us actually know the pilot.
And yes I am disappointed.
Not the best display.
GF respectfully out.
There is always an option.
Niko
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Niko » Tue May 16 2017, 10:26

hand in pants wrote:Godfather.

Legal maybe as far as the Gestapo is concerned, but you can bet that the local council will dispute that.
I would bet my left nut that it isn't zoned for helicopter use. So NOT legal.

HIP, I would like to know your opinion on operations in the Hunter Valley where six helicopter companies land at various vineyards & restaurants; and how this is legally different to what has occurred here
arrrj
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby arrrj » Wed May 17 2017, 00:00

HIP,

I hate to argue with someone of your experience...however...if I may make the following comment, for the younger readers.

I have had a lot of experience with councils in Sydney and helicopter landings (etc) - I have lodged two full helipad applications in Sydney (with all that entails) and currently run my machine from a fully approved pad in a built up suburban Sydney location - and have for more than 8 years, without one complaint. And without quoting thousands of words here, council can only "interfere" if you are in breach of their LEP (planning document).

Most councils now prohibit helipads or heliports (one private, one public) in their LEPs...because they all copied a LEP that was written by one council, rather than write their own. Which means (in effect) don't even bother lodging an application...because it will be rejected on that basis alone...although there are ways around that (read expense).

However, one landing (with pilot and landowners permission) or a few casual landings does not constitute a breach of the LEP, UNLESS you start to leave the machine there overnight, or fly in / out regularly...then you are in strife & nimby neighbours will whinge to whoever they can, and you will be fined, and asked to remove the machine etc.

Like many reading this, I regularly land all over Sydney (and elsewhere) without drama (never a complaint), but I do tend to stay away from Maccas...and hoards of people with cameras. :wink:

As I said before, this one is a beat up by Ch 9 on a slow news day. However the lack of a ground marshall will likely cause our fellow driver some trouble.

Cheers,
Arrrj

PS _ The Hunter is the most helicopter friendly place...yay ! Sanity rules there.
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Wed May 17 2017, 00:33

Nice rely arrrj! Informative and helpful.

I've had some interesting exchanges with our local council over non aviation related issues. Depending on who you talk to you, the outcome can be a yes or no. Even when you get a no response you need to research your 'issue' carefully to ensure you have been given the right advice.
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Wed May 17 2017, 02:53

arrrj, discussion isn't arguing. I'm not the know all I think I am.

What gets up my goat is the simple fact this idiot has put our industry under a cloud, media, although only reporting garbage, still puts us in the spot light. Now caa is involved, now there are morons at radio stations offering money to the person flying, next it will be someone at the local council approaching Maccas, it only makes us look worse by association.

I've worked long and hard to keep a reasonable reputation for me and the helicopter industry in general only to have idiots do this type of thing in full view of the general public.

I'm glad I'm at the arse end of my time in the industry if this is the type of fool coming into it.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
Hughesy
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Hughesy » Wed May 17 2017, 08:58

I hope he at least upsized his meal :D
arrrj
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby arrrj » Wed May 17 2017, 09:37

FF,

100%. Calling council about any matter is a way to get many (and varied) answers...add in scary helicopters...and WOW...it's NO NO NO.

However, it is quite different to that if you can find someone senior, who will talk and be honest. But you have to find and get access to that person.

HIP,

I am with you mate. I have stated prior that I think what our fellow driver did was "silly", but I don't think he is a fool or an idiot. I bet he enjoyed what he did, and I also bet that he had permission to land. That doesn't mean I would land THERE or it was that bright...but it's not a big deal. Everyone is different.

In fact, wouldn't it be lovely if we all landed so much, everywhere, that it became the norm ! (Ok, it must be getting late...).

Cheers,
Arrrj

Return to “I heard...”