Blackhawks for Australia

What have you heard?
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: Blackhawks for Australia

Postby hand in pants » Wed Aug 2 2017, 03:00

Love it when some one has a go in this industry and all some people want to do is slag them off. This is wrong, that's false, who did this, who did that. Most of the armchair critics THINK they know what they are banging on about, some of them will never get ahead in this industry because of a caustic attitude.

I say good on this crowd for having a go. Nice to see bigger machines coming here. Does the average pilot really care who has the money or where it comes from. Absolutely not. Do they care that it's not from Australia, no (look at all of the Aussie pilots employed by the CHC and Bristow types). All the average pilot is interested in is "will I get a go". Some one says it'll only be for ex-military types, (and those that know me know I'm no fan of ex-military types thanks to the mess they've done with caa), there'll be no training for us. Really, who told you that, where did you read it, any proof of your "fact"??? And of course the doubters will always come up with crap to add to their argument. Things like "shady past" , compared to what or who. Well, wake up and smell the roses, YOUR attitude will leave you standing in the unemployed pilot line or flying your little 22.

It is the gonsky types that drivel on about so called facts and figures and how good they are (or have been) that pull this industry down. Don't like it, leave, drive a truck or maybe Macca's is more suited' but stop crapping on about stuff you obviously know nothing about. You don't work for the company, I doubt you'd ever get a start even as a cleaner there. Let those of us who want to see more machines, more job prospects, more money being spent on the industry have our dreams.

And no I don't work for this company, would if I could, but can't, but I do know some of the key players and I hope they make a ton of money and go well n their endeavour.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
bl@ckers
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby bl@ckers » Wed Aug 2 2017, 04:18

hand in pants wrote:Love it when some one has a go in this industry and all some people want to do is slag them off. This is wrong, that's false, who did this, who did that. Most of the armchair critics THINK they know what they are banging on about, some of them will never get ahead in this industry because of a caustic attitude.

I say good on this crowd for having a go. Nice to see bigger machines coming here. Does the average pilot really care who has the money or where it comes from. Absolutely not. Do they care that it's not from Australia, no (look at all of the Aussie pilots employed by the CHC and Bristow types). All the average pilot is interested in is "will I get a go". Some one says it'll only be for ex-military types, (and those that know me know I'm no fan of ex-military types thanks to the mess they've done with caa), there'll be no training for us. Really, who told you that, where did you read it, any proof of your "fact"??? And of course the doubters will always come up with crap to add to their argument. Things like "shady past" , compared to what or who. Well, wake up and smell the roses, YOUR attitude will leave you standing in the unemployed pilot line or flying your little 22.

It is the gonsky types that drivel on about so called facts and figures and how good they are (or have been) that pull this industry down. Don't like it, leave, drive a truck or maybe Macca's is more suited' but stop crapping on about stuff you obviously know nothing about. You don't work for the company, I doubt you'd ever get a start even as a cleaner there. Let those of us who want to see more machines, more job prospects, more money being spent on the industry have our dreams.

And no I don't work for this company, would if I could, but can't, but I do know some of the key players and I hope they make a ton of money and go well n their endeavour.

Well said HIP...... end of discussion!
kiwiflyer
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby kiwiflyer » Wed Aug 2 2017, 06:29

Actually I was thinking the exact same thing as HIP
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Wed Aug 2 2017, 07:55

At last some sense is spoken in this thread. Well said HIP
Firefish
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Firefish » Wed Aug 2 2017, 08:40

hand in pants wrote:Love it when some one has a go in this industry and all some people want to do is slag them off. This is wrong, that's false, who did this, who did that. Most of the armchair critics THINK they know what they are banging on about, some of them will never get ahead in this industry because of a caustic attitude.

So this mob reckon they're going to fill a hole with restricted category aircraft without actually having any aircraft in the country and we're all supposed to take this at face value and say welcome lads? No discussion on whether this is for real or snake oil? Isn't this a forum? Guess I'd better jump in my R22 and head off to my job cleaning the floors at Maccas! LMAO.
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Wed Aug 2 2017, 08:57

You taking the Piss?
What is an average pilot, the mong doing loops around a tourist hot spot thats new to the industry chasing 0.3 ?
CHC have closed doors and Bristows are waiting for the cleaner to turn the lights off. So, f**cking YES pilots want to know where the money is coming from.
Last edited by Hello Pilots on Wed Aug 2 2017, 09:15, edited 1 time in total.
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Wed Aug 2 2017, 09:10

So HIP you are personally vouching for this group? As you said does the average pilot worry about where the money comes from, seriously did you just write that?

It all comes down to $$ not "hope".

Real world interest rates at an historic low, reaching an all time high of 17.50 percent in January of 1990 and a record low of 1.50 percent in August of 2016. Great time to be borrowing money at the low for almost 30 yrs and lets not forget that the RBA wants to increase rates but is getting screwed by the high dollar. I could talk further on the economics underlying my comments yet whats the point?

Not sure if you have ever worked for your self but $$ rule the world when you trying to run a business, different when your working for somebody and you already have indicated who cares where the money comes from?

If your so concerned about your fellow pilots and moreso the industry you should look more at the big picture and not the "throw a dart and hope it sticks" school of business management.

I give this a very short tenor, nothing to do with UAV as I am all sure you think it. I can list numerous other points but will simply say it is not a go'er.

This is not flying some idiot from A to B this is about fighting fires that can easily destroy 1000's of HA in a moment and the potential massive loss of life situations.

And your all about giving them a go????
'Mankind has a perfect record in aviation - we have never left one up there!'
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Wed Aug 2 2017, 09:16

pop;
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Wed Aug 2 2017, 09:28

Touche
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Wed Aug 2 2017, 13:49

pop;
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
HELO1
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby HELO1 » Wed Aug 2 2017, 15:02

Gents and ladies,

On another note that's a bit off topic, just be wary who we call "mongs" flying scenics chasing a 0.3 as there happen to be a fair few of us on here, I don't think mong is quite the right word for it, maybe "less experienced", we all have to start out somewhere remember and tourism I would almost say is the backbone to aviation. It would be nice to be born with 1500hrs, ATPL's and a sling endorsement.

Being new to the industry I'm always keen to learn but the thread here seems to have gone a bit haywire, I'm always keen for discussion but let's wait for a few actual facts to come out before yelling fire in a crowded theatre.
HELO1
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Wed Aug 2 2017, 23:03

Looks like my sugar coated post hit some raw nerves.
You taking the Piss?
What is an average pilot, the mong doing loops around a tourist hot spot thats new to the industry chasing 0.3 ?
CHC have closed doors and Bristows are waiting for the cleaner to turn the lights off. So, f**cking YES pilots want to know where the money is coming from.

HP, I actually expected better from you. I had thought you would remember your early days in the industry. I doubt you would have done any kind of background check on the financials of the first few companies you flew for, and I very much doubt you were any kind of a "mong". All you would have been interested in was "did I get paid this week". And I think there might be some pilots out there still being paid by CHC that will be wondering why they haven't been told the company has "closed doors". Also some blokes who are with Bristows and still getting paid. Either company may not be what it was, but they are still there and running.

Firefish, yep, it is a forum, that's why I get to put my opinion up here, the same as you.

Gonsky, well, what can I say, expected your usual post of irrelevant negative facts.
If by saying I hope these guys do well you assume I'm "personally vouching for this group", then your command of the English language isn't all that red hot.
That little bit about interest rates, well didn't finish it, went to sleep after the first couple of words. It's 2017 interest rates are okay and please don't tell me you take any notice of todays financial wiz kids, these fools missed the GFC, then overshot the mark by saying the world was going to end because of it. We're still here, and doing okay. No thanks to the financial sector.
And just between you and me, I have worked for myself, but, where money was important, it didn't rule me, not then, not now.
And it looks like you've been to the same media school as rfs, "this is about fighting fires that can easily destroy 1000's of HA in a moment and the potential massive loss of life situations." Exaggerate the facts just to get some attention, you probably believe in global warming. I've been doing fire fighting on and off for a few years, and am yet to see 1000's of ha destroyed in a moment. May happen elsewhere, but not here. I also doubt that ANY company would employ your "idiots" for fire work in any machine.
And finally, yes, I do think we should give them a go. Potentially jobs for pilots and engineers, absolutely give them a go.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Wed Aug 2 2017, 23:17

'Mankind has a perfect record in aviation - we have never left one up there!'
Firefish
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Firefish » Wed Aug 2 2017, 23:32

hand in pants wrote:Looks like my sugar coated post hit some raw nerves.
You taking the Piss?

HP, I actually expected better from you. I had thought you would remember your early days in the industry. I doubt you would have done any kind of background check on the financials of the first few companies you flew for, and I very much doubt you were any kind of a "mong". All you would have been interested in was "did I get paid this week". And I think there might be some pilots out there still being paid by CHC that will be wondering why they haven't been told the company has "closed doors". Also some blokes who are with Bristows and still getting paid. Either company may not be what it was, but they are still there and running.

Firefish, yep, it is a forum, that's why I get to put my opinion up here, the same as you.

Gonsky, well, what can I say, expected your usual post of irrelevant negative facts.
If by saying I hope these guys do well you assume I'm "personally vouching for this group", then your command of the English language isn't all that red hot.
That little bit about interest rates, well didn't finish it, went to sleep after the first couple of words. It's 2017 interest rates are okay and please don't tell me you take any notice of todays financial wiz kids, these fools missed the GFC, then overshot the mark by saying the world was going to end because of it. We're still here, and doing okay. No thanks to the financial sector.
And just between you and me, I have worked for myself, but, where money was important, it didn't rule me, not then, not now.
And it looks like you've been to the same media school as rfs, "this is about fighting fires that can easily destroy 1000's of HA in a moment and the potential massive loss of life situations." Exaggerate the facts just to get some attention, you probably believe in global warming. I've been doing fire fighting on and off for a few years, and am yet to see 1000's of ha destroyed in a moment. May happen elsewhere, but not here. I also doubt that ANY company would employ your "idiots" for fire work in any machine.
And finally, yes, I do think we should give them a go. Potentially jobs for pilots and engineers, absolutely give them a go.

Bwaahahaha! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Crusty
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Crusty » Thu Aug 3 2017, 09:13

I said it before I will say it again! NSCA revisited!!
I would hate to be at the coal face of this venture!
Shakey ground reverberates into ...???
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Eric Hunt » Thu Aug 3 2017, 10:42

What a pack of pissweak worthless moaners and tall-poppy-cutters you are.

This is just like the nay-sayers on the fixed-wing forums who bagged JetGo when they proposed a start to operations. The same sort of keyboard CEOs jumped up and brayed about how their experience and knowledge in the world of aviation would predict a very short and disastrous time for the new airline.

4 years later, those CEOs have gone awfully quiet. But it looks like they changed their log-ins and moved over to the rotary side to start bagging Skeeny and the Blackhawk venture.

FFS, give it up, stop trying to show off your minimal knowledge and negligible experience here. Let them have a go, I know you are busting your sphincters to say "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" at the slightest indication of a problem. You are longing for people to look admiringly at your posts and think "THIS is the MAN who long ago predicted that Starflight would fall over!!"
But give it up. Let them have a go without your immensely intelligent input. They don't need it.

I'm glad this internet thingy didn't exist when we were starting up a helicopter RPT service, the baggings would have caused me to get my flight surgeon to bandage my ribs, to stop the pain from laughing at your stupidity.
Duckisback
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Duckisback » Thu Aug 3 2017, 11:35

Gentlemen and ladies.

Please be kind to each other and be seated for a moment. No one has asked you to fund this venture. You are not the Bank lending the operation the money. The government is not paying for it. Some one else is and thank you to that person or group for bringing this gig down under. There's enough creditable information out there now to indicate this gig is on. If you check out Seek, you will see Sikorsky Helitech have already advertised for a Customer Service Manager. Even if you don't get a job with this Black Hawk operation, it will mean the person who does will make a vacancy at the company they leave. For pilots and engineers this has to be good.

From what I am reading, the refurbishment and the whole operation is all being done here in Australia. I am thinking because the people behind this operation appreciate the fact that this country has the people, the expertise and the will to have a go. We are no longer a country that can just dig stuff up and export it. This operation will bring a high end rotary wing capability to Australia which given the size of the fleet, will not only be working in this country but I suggest in the region generally.

Given this venture has Sikorsky/Lockheed Martin support, suggest it will be a professional and well run operation. There nothing I see to suggest different. :cool_dc:
Iknowboats
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Iknowboats » Thu Aug 3 2017, 12:46

Don't see why this has to turn into a slinging match...

Clearly this is a great thing for the industry if they can get it off the ground. At the same time, I agree with those who have reservations. Where is the work going to come from to make 10 machines financially viable (let alone 20)? Obviously nobody on this forum has the facts, but $170m is serious coin - I doubt they would be able to access that kind of capital without a feasible plan.

Cheers,

Boats
Firefish
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Firefish » Thu Aug 3 2017, 23:06

I'm surprised it took 9 pages for people to start getting personal on this site. It's usually within a couple of posts. But hey, nothing wrong with a bit of banter to liven up the place.
I've tried to bait a few answers out of firehawkforeffect but he must be on a short lead and gone all quiet. Lol.
Now when this first came up I thought I had a bit of an on idea what they might be up to especially when words like "Filling a hole in the industry" get bandied around.
Surely these guys are gearing up for night bombing? It's the only real hole I can think of and a couple of the agencies are making a fair bit of noise about it. Put a tank on or in them, OEM backing, NVG capable with experienced crews and it'd be a weapon. With most urban work around sea level any questions on performance wouldn't come into play. I'm not sure if the rules have even been finalised for night bombing ops as yet so maybe being restricted category won't be an issue in these guys grabbing contracts. Perish the thought that they might have some assurances with the agencies to set up this capability!!! Timing can be everything in this game so maybe they'll just be in the right place at the right time.
Dauphin
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Dauphin » Thu Aug 3 2017, 23:27

There's also a theory going around that the fire bombing work might be a means for the parties involved to get their foot in the door in order to bid on the Defence SAR contract coming up next year. Having aircraft, crews, engineers, etc, already in country and operating would give them far more credibility if tendering for the Defence contract than merely promising to obtain these assets from overseas if they win the tender. I have no idea whether this is true or not but it seems less far fetched than the idea that a company would spend tens of millions of $$ on equipment and infrastructure for fire work without first having contracts in place.

Return to “I heard...”