Sydney Heliport

What have you heard?
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Sydney Heliport

Postby godfather007 » Fri Aug 11 2017, 10:30

I was informed a few weeks ago that Virgin purchased some land at Kingsford Smith
(Sydney Airport) that included an area/land that is currently occupied by the operators of the Heliport.
If this is true, where dose that leave the current operators and our use/access of the Sydney Airport for Heli operations?
Tourism, VIP, Airwork, Transfers etc. may suffer.
Will Virgin and the Airport directors allocate a helipad or seperate area for Heli operations?
WTF...
Anyone with intel, please inform us.
GF.
There is always an option.
Will_Miller

Re: Sydney Heliport

Postby Will_Miller » Sat Aug 12 2017, 00:41

Also heard about this a couple of months ago. Really hope they allocate something for the operators at Mascot.
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Eric Hunt » Sat Aug 12 2017, 05:46

Well, the last time the choppers got booted from north of 25 to the south side was 1991/2 so the SAC must be wondering how to screw some more money out of them. The current heliport was poorly designed, so perhaps they might ask a real operator for an opinion before pouring the next lot of concrete? Or maybe they won't. Just take a bag of money from Virgin and let the poor cousins look out for themselves.

If the Darling Harbour heliport hadn't been scuttled by Labor, the KSA heliport would not have been built anyway - we don't really need to be on an airport.
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Mon Aug 14 2017, 05:06

Thanks Eric and Will.
Has there been any thing in the media about it. (I'm not skilled enough to find it) They always know the real/true story..
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Mon Aug 14 2017, 10:12

goddy, goddy, goddy. "They always know the real/true story.." or they'll make one up to suit........................
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Thu Aug 17 2017, 08:48

Very true HIP.
Hope all is well and your Jnr burger is running strong.

Return to “I heard...”