Toll Aw139

What have you heard?
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: Toll Aw139

Postby Hello Pilots » Wed Sep 20 2017, 02:02

Pretty quick off the draw mate.
Sorry if I upset you or your brothers in arms.

I'm here to antagonise and waste people's time.
Judging by your from the heart and much thought out responses, I have achieved my goal.
Maybe spending more time in civvy street wouldn't have left you with such a tight belt.
Cheers to the old boys club **^** **^** **^**

P.S what was ill informed about my post?
Is Toll all ex military. Yes
Does that mean they had the same ex employer. Yes
Would "they" carry military culture over. Yes

Pretty clear nothing out of line there....
Maybe read the other posts which were vehemently more vindictive than mine before spraying your dads army rhetoric.
SICK HORSEY
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby SICK HORSEY » Wed Sep 20 2017, 07:29

I'm still waiting on you to end the suspense and let us know your interest in this thread HP??? And, more obviously, the reason behind your dis-taste for the ex-mil types?? You haven't answered.... are you failed mil?

How is it you are aware of a 'Military Culture' if you've not worn a uniform? How are you qualified to comment on the quality of mil training if you you've never seen it?? I think that pretty much covers your question above regarding 'ill informed' wouldn't you agree?

I wouldn't like to assume you are simply one of those muppets on here that hide behind a monica and have an opinion on everything, however lacking in actual experience or evidence that opinion is. I'd prefer to give you the benefit of any doubt mate.

Likewise I wouldn't like to harp on your consistent inaccuracies, but way off the mark with Dads Army there sport. Experience is not exclusive to the elderly.

You might want to try one of those 'thought out' responses too, thinking is becoming popular my man!!

SH.
R22 Captain
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby R22 Captain » Wed Sep 20 2017, 09:56

The whole Civvy -vs- Army rubbish has been done to death. Over the last couple of decades I've worked extensively with guys from both camps, I honestly can't say one is better than the other. INITIALLY Ex-mil guys are much more procedural and better in multi crew op's (EMS, offshore), civvy lads are better at hands and feet stuff (firefighting, media, general airwork etc). After experience in any given field you generally can't tell the difference.
Time to quit the pissing contest. :roll:

However Sick Horsey, you're coming across as a bit of a tw@t. You say:

'Hello Pilots' have you achieved your military wings?
-then-
If the answer is no to the first question then I suggest you steer your energy toward bettering yourself as a pilot..... and person.

Pull your head in.... If he's not military he'd better try to be a better pilot and person?? Get off your high-horse mate.
Last edited by R22 Captain on Wed Sep 20 2017, 10:08, edited 1 time in total.
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Wed Sep 20 2017, 10:02

Sounds like a bit of YOUR problem now biggles....Nobody else is concerned, I will leave you to it.
Facts are facts and they still remain.
Loose lips sink ships.
Chocks away (c:_ol
"SPIRIT OF THE DAMBUSTERS. YEAH? THE SQUADRON NEVER DIES, DOES IT?"
- David Brent
SICK HORSEY
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby SICK HORSEY » Wed Sep 20 2017, 10:51

Read the post 22 Skipper! HP's need of a self help book or two is based on his posts, not his uniform. Check your facts (and READ the paragraph) before teeing off bro.

You might want to review my bit about mil/civvy each bringing their own benefits to the game. Some of the best EMS drivers i've seen are civvy and I'm far from anti civilian.

Get it right man!

HP, we never did see you man up and tell us your story?? Is it that bad? :wink:

I'm off for a piss.... I'm working on my distance.
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Wed Sep 20 2017, 11:34

Your mates broke the chopper navbag don't blame me for it.....FOOOOUUUURRRRRRRR
kiwiflyer
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby kiwiflyer » Wed Sep 20 2017, 20:41

{Ex-mil guys are much more procedural and better in multi crew op's (EMS, offshore), civvy lads are better at hands and feet stuff (firefighting, media, general airwork etc). }

I'm with HP, the above is spot on (not written by HP) as that would mean the ex Mil guy would be a bit short in experience if he was single pilot, actually having to be on the controls making decisions on his own with out half a dozen guys hanging out of the machine telling him to go up,back, left right....or tree at 12 o'clock or whatever, just an example.
Just because said person hasn't been in the military system dosent mean he hasn't been exposed to ex military work colleagues and seen the different attitudes that they bring with them as well as the different flying techniques that they may or may not process.
Worked with ex mil guys and it all goes well until they they try to pull rank and realise it doesn't count for anything anymore.
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Wed Sep 20 2017, 22:56

I hate to be captain obvious here, but we don't even know if it actually happened or not, and then, even if it did happen you're assuming it's an ex-mil driver. I could have been anyone behind the controls.
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
Dauphin
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Dauphin » Wed Sep 20 2017, 23:18

kiwiflyer wrote:{Ex-mil guys are much more procedural and better in multi crew op's (EMS, offshore), civvy lads are better at hands and feet stuff (firefighting, media, general airwork etc). }

I'm with HP, the above is spot on (not written by HP) as that would mean the ex Mil guy would be a bit short in experience if he was single pilot, actually having to be on the controls making decisions on his own with out half a dozen guys hanging out of the machine telling him to go up,back, left right....or tree at 12 o'clock or whatever, just an example.
Just because said person hasn't been in the military system dosent mean he hasn't been exposed to ex military work colleagues and seen the different attitudes that they bring with them as well as the different flying techniques that they may or may not process.
Worked with ex mil guys and it all goes well until they they try to pull rank and realise it doesn't count for anything anymore.

You clearly have no clue about military flying or EMS. Funny enough I spent a lot of my military career flying single pilot with one crewman in the front or back. Yes, actually on the controls making decisions. And funnier still I also spent years flying single pilot EMS in a 139 with one crewman in the front or back, actually on the controls making decisions.
Oogle
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Oogle » Thu Sep 21 2017, 07:14

I can't believe the dribble going back and forth amongst you people.

Dauphin, Sick Horsey, Hello Pilots and Kiwiflyer - Why don't you all meet up somewhere, pull out your tape measures and compare sizes and then be done with it. People don't want to read your back and forth crap,

Thomas208 - we get it! You have an ingrained dislike for LifeFlight for whatever reason so please stop posting about it but thanks for the website link as the paddle race being organised looks good.

So if anyone has any credible info on the TOPIC, please share....
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Thu Sep 21 2017, 08:29

Oogle wrote:I can't believe the dribble going back and forth amongst you people.

Dauphin, Sick Horsey, Hello Pilots and Kiwiflyer - Why don't you all meet up somewhere, pull out your tape measures and compare sizes and then be done with it. People don't want to read your back and forth crap,

Thomas208 - we get it! You have an ingrained dislike for LifeFlight for whatever reason so please stop posting about it but thanks for the website link as the paddle race being organised looks good.

So if anyone has any credible info on the TOPIC, please share....

"Here here"
Even better if there is enough info to help others avoid the same incident.
SICK HORSEY
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby SICK HORSEY » Thu Sep 21 2017, 12:15

Oogle you kinky bugger... 4 lads with their gear out? There's other websites for that sort of stuff pal!

I'll keep this between us you dark horse.

Return to “I heard...”