Big fight coming up, this could go very bad.

What have you heard?
Couch Monster
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Big fight coming up, this could go very bad.

Postby Couch Monster » Sun Aug 16 2020, 02:45

There appears to be a sub-category of people out there that are perpetually offended.. If it wasn't helicopters, it would be something else. :|
pushrod
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby pushrod » Sun Aug 16 2020, 03:00

If you know S.M. then you know he will get out of it, probably take down a few politicians on the way. If anyone can get out of it its him :wink:
Wannabe60Driver
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Wannabe60Driver » Sun Aug 16 2020, 04:47

Sounds like one or two councillors trying to score points and make a name for themselves. Scott’s operation is all the way out front of Mariners Cove marina where there’s nothing going on other than people boarding whale watching and dive boats. That and a lot of parents with kids watching helicopters take off and land.

If GC council are so keen on re-writing the rule book on 30 years of permitted use, maybe they’ll be happy to provide an alternate site and cover all costs associated with the move.

“Raucous leaded-fuel helicopters.” Please. They’re right on the other side of the fishing fleet marina to the Sea World Helicopters operation.
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Eric Hunt » Sun Aug 16 2020, 06:23

Chalk this one up to Covid - all the people at home instead of at work, nothing to do but take notice of the choppers that would have been flying past empty houses with the owners at work.

Similar thing happened to Beckers at Maroochydore, getting booted from various landing sites - though it was his choice to enforce multiple training flights on Sundays when people were at home.
Yakking
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Yakking » Sun Aug 16 2020, 08:41

" The age of outrage"
I wish I had a catchy saying like everyone else...
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Sun Aug 16 2020, 09:21

It’s been there a very long time and why would anyone bother but as Eric says idle minds find things to do.
Does it have approvals to operate there?.
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Sun Aug 16 2020, 09:40

The only “Wild life left on the GC are the ones paying the bills at the local shops, cafes, tourist parks, night clubs, pups, financially struggling shops, hotels and everything still standing in line at this $hit time”.
Man I lived on the GC for years. My family and I loved it and we still do. I still have family there.
I think this old bloke was on A current of fair years ago wining about this issue across the water at South Port.
He needs to chill the F out and think about the whole GC theme. What is his end game??? Did he grow up there? Or Did he move there and think he could retire in the establishment? I think so.
The GC is the Aussie version of the centre of fun, play and happiness and has been since it was turned from a mangrove/sand bar to a wonderful haven. I have regarded the GC as gypsy vile for years, and there are plenty of good ones who have stayed strong . But some “Pull up stumps and try to create a new life in a world of fun and try to relax/retire or blend in and their are those to try a new rip off scheme like so many more” (they are the real Gypsy)
This may p/ss off a few who are there to have a go, I’m so sorry. But I know the ropes. And this particular person should consider packing up his short days left in life to move one to another peaceful town located on the coast of Australia and away from one of the most commercially dominant cities in Australia that also relays on tourism... “ Dose he realise his property value is going to slide into the $hitter when tourists stop flying in and around The GC complimented by the C flue , the boarder restrictions wave and dropping the numbers of holiday people travelling in and supporting the local GC area.”
Man, the little local business are already struggling, and this bloke is stabbing the sword into another established company.
Don’t try to tinker with the past when you move into a well oiled machine. Go get a tan and retire/relax somewhere else.
Retire in peace for your own health and $.
Leave the GC as it was when you rolled into town.

GF

Choose wisely,
There is always an option.
Wannabe60Driver
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Wannabe60Driver » Sun Aug 16 2020, 09:43

Twistgrip wrote:It’s been there a very long time and why would anyone bother but as Eric says idle minds find things to do.

Town planning is an interesting beast but existing use rights usually prevail. You can change a town plan to residential for example, and let the value of the land then do the job of getting rid of the chicken farmer or the mechanic that’s been there for decades. If they decide they don’t want to move, it’s very difficult to make them unless for some reason their business stops operating for any period of time.

Councillors rarely have planning degrees and I agree they’ll have a fight on their hands if they’re all of a sudden going to interpret the town plan regarding a business with three decades of history and try to claim it's an ‘unlawful use’.

I can just picture the planning and environment court asking The GC City Council: “why did it take you 30 years to pipe up?”
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Rotorpilot » Sun Aug 16 2020, 13:21

Dem winds are gonna blow
Wannabe60Driver
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Wannabe60Driver » Sun Aug 16 2020, 21:00

Grouchy old South African with nothing better to do. Worse, he only bought at Main Beach a few years ago despite knowing all about the helicopter movements in the area. Interesting that he’s targeting GC rather than Sea World though.

What sort of moron buys in a nightclub precinct, or near a race track, and then tries to get everything shut down due to noise?
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Eric Hunt » Sun Aug 16 2020, 23:05

What sort of moron buys in a nightclub precinct, or near a race track, and then tries to get everything shut down due to noise?

The same morons who buy a house cheap because it is near an airport and affected by noise, and then bleat about the noise.
jimiemick
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby jimiemick » Mon Aug 17 2020, 00:24

Another idiot who a loud voice.

Had the same problem at the Kyneton Aerodrome in Victoria.
But thankfully he ended up moving.

Hopefully GC Heli can keep operating and sort this out.
Mongrel Dog
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Mongrel Dog » Mon Aug 17 2020, 01:37

jimiemick wrote:Another idiot who a loud voice.

Oh, is he gone? About bloody time!
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Mon Aug 17 2020, 01:41

Just looking at some of the dribble on this offended knobs farcebook page.
Typical of today's use of fantasy numbers, "thousands of take offs and landing" a week. I mean even a thousand take offs and landings would be 143 a day.
Bloody fantastic for the industry but just not happening.

And nobody takes this turd to task for his use of garbage.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
jimiemick
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby jimiemick » Mon Aug 17 2020, 08:42

Mongrel Dog wrote:
jimiemick wrote:Another idiot who a loud voice.

Oh, is he gone? About bloody time!

Yep good old Greg finally sold.
Best outcome for everyone. He still occasionally posts s#!t on his group page though
Zabar
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Zabar » Mon Aug 17 2020, 10:25

See if you can join the group then how long it takes to get kicked out. :D

Point out the errors with movement numbers along with some of the other dribble regarding leaded fuel (most of the aircraft on the spit are turbine) and safety (helicopter - even R44 - crashes versus car crashes). :roll: Doesn’t help with their credibility.
flyinghorse
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby flyinghorse » Mon Aug 17 2020, 13:44

[quote="Zabar"]See if you can join the group then how long it takes to get kicked out. :D

Point out the errors with movement numbers along with some of the other dribble regarding leaded fuel (most of the aircraft on the spit are turbine) and safety (helicopter - even R44 - crashes versus car crashes). :roll: Doesn’t help with their credibility.[/quote

Spot on Zabar.
And one of the main photos on his page shows 4 choppers taking off at one. This photo isn’t even taken at Marina Mirage, it was at Gold Coast Airport.
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Tue Aug 18 2020, 11:56

Wannabe60Driver wrote:
Twistgrip wrote:It’s been there a very long time and why would anyone bother but as Eric says idle minds find things to do.

Town planning is an interesting beast but existing use rights usually prevail. You can change a town plan to residential for example, and let the value of the land then do the job of getting rid of the chicken farmer or the mechanic that’s been there for decades. If they decide they don’t want to move, it’s very difficult to make them unless for some reason their business stops operating for any period of time.

Councillors rarely have planning degrees and I agree they’ll have a fight on their hands if they’re all of a sudden going to interpret the town plan regarding a business with three decades of history and try to claim it's an ‘unlawful use’.

I can just picture the planning and environment court asking The GC City Council: “why did it take you 30 years to pipe up?”

As I understand grandfather rights, it’s one that exempts a person from a previous rule they were operating under whilst a new rule takes its place or a provision of. I’ve been through a few developments in my time including having a heliport approved in a major city.

Yes I think the complainant is a complete toss bag however the complaints been made, it will come down to wether HT has or had an approval to operate a helicopter service in the past with council, if he has an existing approval we’ll then I guess there’s no issue....

I wish HT all the best...
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Rotorpilot » Wed Aug 19 2020, 05:38

Twistgrip wrote:
Wannabe60Driver wrote:

As I understand grandfather rights, it’s one that exempts a person from a previous rule they were operating under whilst a new rule takes its place or a provision of. I’ve been through a few developments in my time including having a heliport approved in a major city.

Yes I think the complainant is a complete toss bag however the complaints been made, it will come down to wether HT has or had an approval to operate a helicopter service in the past with council, if he has an existing approval we’ll then I guess there’s no issue....

I wish HT all the best...

And that ^ there maybe the issue, and why GCHT is dealing with this and not including seaworld.

There maybe a argument with the amount of flights/aircraft taking off now compared to before.

Im still of the mind set that councils and councillors are spinless money/ vote grabbers that have no interest in helping GA (Tyabb, Katoomba and others) much like CASA.

Can we as a collective vote, petition override the complaints with numbers in favour of keeping and sustaining airports, aerodromes and HLS as they have been for years?
Dem winds are gonna blow

Return to “I heard...”