Big fight coming up, this could go very bad.

What have you heard?
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: Big fight coming up, this could go very bad.

Postby Hello Pilots » Wed Aug 19 2020, 07:17

karma works in mysterious ways
Gasket18
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Gasket18 » Wed Aug 19 2020, 09:55

Wannabe60Driver wrote:Grouchy old South African with nothing better to do. Worse, he only bought at Main Beach a few years ago despite knowing all about the helicopter movements in the area. Interesting that he’s targeting GC rather than Sea World though.

What sort of moron buys in a nightclub precinct, or near a race track, and then tries to get everything shut down due to noise?

Sadly way to many people. This has been a massive bug bear for me. Have been a racer most of my life, but i've watched people move in close like 10ks from a race track, or a little airport then they all get together and have them shut down due to noise.. Needs to have a stop. We are losing a lot of history. I remember seeing claremont speedway have to shut. It was one of the oldest running speedways in the country running at the showgrounds but it had become a rich area. Look at Lakeside struggling like cray and having to put ridiculously strong noise restrictions in place. just shared this mobs group on facebook, and pointed out how pathetic it is. And as usual after looking yep he moved there, then started bitching.. I've also emailed the company saying how sorry I was to hear about this. Now I'm looking for the councilors email to have a crack at them
I
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Rotorpilot » Thu Aug 20 2020, 00:17

)c/
can we make a Helicopter/aircraft register.
anyone who complains about helicopter noise get banned from the use of Helicopters in all capacities - medivac, tourism, fires, floods, humanitarian support etc?

pop;
Dem winds are gonna blow
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Rotorpilot » Sun Aug 23 2020, 09:40

It appears they are going for the fly neighbourly as a reason for stopping the flights.

They mentioned on their page something about getting helicopter flights banned from Bilinga .....yes where the gold coast airport is, for the same justification with help from councillors.
Dem winds are gonna blow
Zabar
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Zabar » Sun Aug 23 2020, 21:06

Looks like they’re using every angle they can to try to achieve their aim: noise (fly neighbourly), leaded fuel :roll: and lease conditions. Sadly I think the lease conditions may be the angle that has the most potential.
Wannabe60Driver
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Wannabe60Driver » Sun Aug 23 2020, 22:28

Zabar wrote:Sadly I think the lease conditions may be the angle that has the most potential.

30 years of letting someone do something sets a very strong precedent to try to then turn around and change at the drop of a hat, especially when you’re letting someone else do the same thing half a mile up the road.

The land component on that site where fuel is stored is freehold whereas like most marinas the helipad pontoon is Crown leasehold and then sublet.

Remember that this isn’t just GC Helitours problem, it’s also the owner of the marina/shopping centre they rent from.

Picture me owning a shopping centre and taking Woolworths money for thirty years and them then finding out they’re not allowed to trade because I didn’t have my approvals in order. That situation wouldn’t end well and neither will this one.

Unfortunately (and likely no coincidence) this is happening at a time the lessor doesn’t have much of a vested interest. The site was recently sold for a tidy profit but the new owners don’t settle until next year. Had that not been the case, GC City Council would likely be getting a lot more heat from Sunland’s lawyers.

https://brookepatterson.com.au/

https://www.businessnewsaus.com.au/arti ... llion.html

Return to “I heard...”