Ambulance NSW

What have you heard?
kiwiflyer
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: Ambulance NSW

Postby kiwiflyer » Mon Mar 7 2016, 05:59

Any word on when Toll will start advertising for crew?
shortone
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby shortone » Mon Mar 7 2016, 06:45

They've already got the crew
shortone
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby shortone » Mon Mar 7 2016, 07:19

does that mean southcare is no longer?
eyesandears

Postby eyesandears » Sat Nov 19 2016, 06:15

Though CHC and the old 412 classic will soon be gone, apparently SouthCare as we know it will 'still be'. Including the cool paint job. I hear that the operations of ACTAS HEMS (SouthCare) will be performed in a manner much more aligned with NSWAS Aeromedical operations, as will be the case right across NSW. Ambulance / DOH have managed to bring all HEMS operations across NSW & ACT into far more alignment on these contracts. Apparently safety & reporting systems, training, currency, operations and governance will be as similar as can be achieved across the TOLL/Westpac group given the complexities of the model. I have it that ACTAS Drs & Paramedics have already commenced training at the new TOLL / Ambulance facility at YSBK, the so called Aeromedical Crewing Excellence training centre or 'ACE'. Quite a facility, I hear. The link below looks interesting.

http://www.tollgroup.com/acetrainingcentre
arrrj
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby arrrj » Sun Nov 20 2016, 01:44

I have been watching it get built. The facility looks extremely cool. It's huge.

I am waiting for someone I know that flies there to give me a tour :D .

The Toll 139's have been buzzing around Sydney already, but I don't think they are operational yet. Happy to be corrected.

It's great that someone invested money at BK, rather than letting what was the busiest airport in Australia disappear to developers. How many more shopping centres do we need ?

Cheers,
Arrrj
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Sun Nov 20 2016, 01:50

Going by CHC's latest ad looking for contract /casual pilots I'm guessing they've been extended past the Toll takeover date?
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
pohm1
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby pohm1 » Sun Nov 20 2016, 02:24

Or they're trying to cover for the exodus to Toll/Babcock?
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Sun Nov 20 2016, 02:33

pohm1 wrote:Or they're trying to cover for the exodus to Toll/Babcock?

I have no idea, simply asking the question.
Dauphin
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Dauphin » Sun Nov 20 2016, 03:05

The ASNSW contract with CHC has not been extended. It was always meant to run until May 2017 for all bases, which means CHC must keep the aircraft fully operational until then, including providing the full complement of pilots and aircrewmen. The problem is Toll commences operations at Bankstown in January and the other bases over the following couple of months, so there will be quite an overlap to allow for teething problems, etc. Many CHC pilots and crewies have already joined Toll or will do in the coming months, hence the ad looking for casuals to fill those vacancies.
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Sun Nov 20 2016, 04:07

Dauphin wrote:The ASNSW contract with CHC has not been extended. It was always meant to run until May 2017 for all bases, which means CHC must keep the aircraft fully operational until then, including providing the full complement of pilots and aircrewmen. The problem is Toll commences operations at Bankstown in January and the other bases over the following couple of months, so there will be quite an overlap to allow for teething problems, etc. Many CHC pilots and crewies have already joined Toll or will do in the coming months, hence the ad looking for casuals to fill those vacancies.

Good info, I guess that dispels any rumors arising from the guessing game.

Return to “I heard...”