CVD CPLH converted to Canadian license

Looking for some info on converting to or from an Aussie Flight Crew License?
helmet spider
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

CVD CPLH converted to Canadian license

Postby helmet spider » Fri Jul 26 2019, 00:10

G Day everyone!!
Just wanted to know if anyone has managed to convert a CASA license to a Canadian license being color blind or politically correct CVD :D
I am very keen to go to Canada to fly but before I try and work out if this is possible I thought I would ask

Thanks in advance for any advice
Regards
HS
Jb447

Re: CVD CPLH converted to Canadian license

Postby Jb447 » Sat Jul 27 2019, 19:50

I’m not sure about the conversion process for CASA to Transport Canada but I’m sure being colour blind won’t hold you back. I have a friend who is also colour blind and flying VFR. The only thing is that he is restricted to Day VFR only. So no night flying.
helmet spider
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby helmet spider » Mon Jul 29 2019, 05:49

Thanks for the info JB!! That’s very encouraging
Is he an Aussie flying in Canada or Canadian local?
Thanks again mate appreciate it
HS
Jb447

Postby Jb447 » Mon Jul 29 2019, 17:41

He’s born and raised Canadian. If you wanted to go IFR in Canada you may have some issues being colour blind as I believe you need 50hrs night flying... don’t quote me on that though.

Also if you convert to Canadian CPL then try to get an FAA Certificate you might have troubles. FAA requires a Canadian license to have a night rating which you wouldn’t be able to get here. (I had another friend just attempt this conversion, he was denied the license at the final meeting until he gets a night rating).
HeliSport

Postby HeliSport » Sat Aug 3 2019, 05:40

helmet spider wrote:G Day everyone!!
Just wanted to know if anyone has managed to convert a CASA license to a Canadian license being color blind or politically correct CVD :D
I am very keen to go to Canada to fly but before I try and work out if this is possible I thought I would ask

Thanks in advance for any advice
Regards
HS

You won't have any issues converting your licence. I have been through the process. The restriction on my licence states Daylight Flying Only as someone has mentioned already. I had failed the lantern test and others. So I don't see how you could have any problems. Who wants to fly at night anyway :shock:

Would be a good idea to do your medical in Australia beforehand so you don't get any surprises. There are a few people around Oz that can generally do Canadian Medical certificates. Used to be anyhow..........

Return to “International License Conversion”