Private flying in Sweden

Looking for some info on converting to or from an Aussie Flight Crew License?
airwolf
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Private flying in Sweden

Postby airwolf » Fri Aug 15 2008, 08:11

Hey All,

Does anyone have a quick answer as to whether you can fly privately on an Australian CPL(H) in Sweden??

Just had an extra thought, I wonder if you have to speak Swedish??? Hmm
Yakking
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Re: Private flying in Sweden

Postby Yakking » Sun Aug 17 2008, 14:16

Don't quote me on this, but I think you may have to get a JAA PPL which they apparently give out quite freely (heaven forbid if you ask for a CPL/ATPL). I'm not sure about if you can get a Certificate of Validation or some such equvilant.

They primiarily speak english on the radio but can revert to Swedish if stressed. You're well within your rights to speak english on the radio though.

My flatmate is a Swedish helo pilot. If you have more specifics I can ask him....

Yak
I wish I had a catchy saying like everyone else...
airwolf
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby airwolf » Mon Aug 18 2008, 06:08

Hey Yak, PM sent.
Oogle
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Oogle » Tue Aug 19 2008, 07:00

Well obviously your Swedish mate will be able to give more precise information.

As for the rest of Europe, it all depends on the registration of the aircraft you want to fly. I assume it is a Swedish registered aircraft that you want to fly so in that case, you will need a validation which (if it is like the UK), will allow you to fly a particular aircraft type (the one you nominated when you asked for your validation) for private operations only.

As for the language side of things. No, you don't need to speak Swedish to fly in their airspace. They will all speak english. I think nearly everyone in Sweden speaks english anyway.

Just be sure that if you go, read up on their regs as the European system is a little different to Aus:

Sweden CAA: http://www.luftfartsstyrelsen.se/templates/LS_InfoSida_70_30____38148.aspx

Enjoy.

Return to “International License Conversion”