Working in Australia.

Looking for some info on converting to or from an Aussie Flight Crew License?
mln

Working in Australia.

Postby mln » Tue Nov 16 2010, 17:34

Gday all Bladeslappers.

Im a 29 years old guy from Northern Europe.

I have been following this forum for some time now.

I hold A UK. CAA JAA CPL(H) and a US. FAA PPL(H) and Have ratings on the H269 and the 2 Robbies..!!

I was traveling in Australia for a couple of months in 2007 and I just loved it. I miss this great country.

What does it take me to get permission to work and live in Australia if I dont get married with a Auzzie??

I know the flying business is hard right now ,so in the beginning it doesnt have to be flying wise..

And I know my licence have to be converted to an Australian licence too.

Have a great day.

Regards M.
huey
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: Working in Australia.

Postby huey » Tue Nov 16 2010, 19:59

Hi,

Its a long and drawn out process and unless you have some other skills in demand, chopper pilot may not get you in. This could always change in the future of course.

The best place to start is-

www.immi.gov.au

Huey
Huey
Bosco
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Bosco » Wed Nov 17 2010, 01:33

Hi mate

Like Huey said the best place to start is at the Australian immigration website, immi.gov.au

But, you basically have 4 options.

1. apply for residency through a particular skill-set you have. This is the way I went about it, but beware you have to be a professional with years of experience in said profession to be considered.

2. get sponsorship from an Australian company to work here. But, again you must have experience in some profession or other to be considered worthy enough (over someone already with the right to live and work here) for the business to take the time and money to go through the whole process.

3. Working holiday Visa. This is a 12 month visa that gives you the right to work for someone for a max. of 6 months (you are supposed to be on holiday not looking for full time work). If you are lucky and if you can impress your employer enough then they might sponsor you if they want to keep you around. You are only allowed one WHV in your lifetime. However, if you are willing to do hard labour working on a farm picking fruit for something like 3 months, then you are alowed a second WHV.

4. Marry someone.

Bosco
Bosco
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Bosco » Wed Nov 17 2010, 01:37

ps if you want a working holiday visa you have to do it before you are 30.
similar applies to going through number 1 as you get extra points for being under 30!
R22Million
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby R22Million » Wed Nov 17 2010, 01:42

Here is a handy website for the Working Holiday Permit

www.liveworkplay.com.au
made4trade
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby made4trade » Wed Nov 17 2010, 02:24

Hi mln, my suggestion is to come by boat. Don't try and do it the right way there's just too much paperwork. :twisted:

Return to “International License Conversion”