Good Migration lawyer???

Looking for some info on converting to or from an Aussie Flight Crew License?
Tugga
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Good Migration lawyer???

Postby Tugga » Mon Mar 28 2011, 06:23

Anyone used a migration lawyer to sort out the details for getting a work visa in australia? have an Aussie CPL and been here for nearly 3 years but need advice brfore getting a permanent/sponsorship visa.
Cheers
Bionic_kid
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: Good Migration lawyer???

Postby Bionic_kid » Mon Mar 28 2011, 08:06

which state are you in? they are state dependant.
Charbuque
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Charbuque » Mon Mar 28 2011, 10:00

Do you really need a lawyer? We emigrated 5 years ago and decided to do all the paperwork ourselves - it was pretty straightforward. I'm not sure what benefit you get from a lawyer other than the warm fuzzy feeling you get from knowing that you have helped to clothe and feed their family. The DIMIA website is pretty comprehensive so you may be best managing yourself. Good luck.
k7781
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby k7781 » Mon Mar 28 2011, 13:08

That's right, the DIAC website and Visa wizard are pretty user friendly. Just follow the rules, provide all the documentation you need to and you'll see you don't need a Migration Agent you just need to make sure you've researched everything and ensure you are eligible. Granted, Mig Agents can help with really complicated applications, depends what visa you are applying for - guessing employer sponsored workers visa?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/ens/

131 881 can answer Q's and it's free :) The MARA website will help you find an agent otherwise, and can tell you if certain Agents have had any action taken against them or been de-registered due to being dodgy:

https://www.mara.gov.au/agent/ARSearch. ... lderID=394

You can see here if they've had action taken against them:

https://www.mara.gov.au/AgentSanctioned ... lderID=395

Cheers :D
Tugga
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Tugga » Thu Mar 31 2011, 01:36

hi thanks for the info guys, im in qld at the moment. i have just finished my training and have been offered a job but i dont qualify for the sponsorship visa due to the required payscale and being a fresh pilot thats understandable.
i have spent a lot of time on the goverments immigration website looking trough different types of visas and im beginning to think its time to call on the big guns and get someone to help me out. ive visited one guy but it cost me a bit and he didnt really help me so im looking for someone who might have delt with an aviation application before and who might have a bit of an idea how the industry works.

im also looking at applying to the nt goverment for a state sponsored visa but i think i need a letter from casa first to say i have enough experience to qualify which might be difficult. the whole process has so many ins and outs its gettinb very confusing so anyone who knows anyone that might be able to help me, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Bionic_kid
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Bionic_kid » Thu Mar 31 2011, 07:05

there's one in maroochydore my parents used. pretty good and the head bloke is on the immigration board for qld

Ferguson Cannon Lawyers Sunshine Coast
www.fclawyers.com.au - 1/17 Southern Drive, Maroochydore - (07)5443 6600
masteroff
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby masteroff » Thu Mar 31 2011, 09:47

Get in touch with these guys http://www.onenation.com.au/

Ask for Pauline, she'll set you on the right track...... :wink:
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Thu Mar 31 2011, 21:47

Bionic_kid wrote:which state are you in? they are state dependant.

A state of anxiety I should think! :D
Quoting Tuggas comment "i have just finished my training and have been offered a job but i dont qualify for the sponsorship visa due to the required payscale and being a fresh pilot thats understandable."
I didn't realise a 457 visa is dependent on how much you earned!! Have you thought of doing the visa under other employment? Preferably one that pays! :lol:
"It's wabbit seathon! It' duck seathon! I dare you to shoot me now!"
Bionic_kid
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Bionic_kid » Sat Apr 2 2011, 07:43

the rural areas visa is easier to get "live in a rural area and have a job on the skilled list" after 2 years you can apply for PR....
Robrw
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Robrw » Sat Apr 2 2011, 08:44

Masteroff - GOLD!!
CHOPPER_GURU

Postby CHOPPER_GURU » Mon Apr 9 2012, 01:22

If you are still looking for a Migration Agent, i can offer my services, i am based in Cairns Qld and am a registered Migration Agent specializing in Business sponsorship's,, I am currently undertaking my Chopper licence so have a great interest in the field. Let me know if your still after advice and ill give you my contact details
cassidy_copter
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby cassidy_copter » Mon Apr 9 2012, 09:11

Hello Tugga,

Check your Personal Messages.

Old thread from March 2011
Last edited by cassidy_copter on Mon Apr 9 2012, 09:35, edited 1 time in total.
Never take "No" for an answer.
Zebt
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Zebt » Mon Apr 9 2012, 09:24

Tugga wrote:Anyone used a migration lawyer to sort out the details for getting a work visa in australia? have an Aussie CPL and been here for nearly 3 years but need advice brfore getting a permanent/sponsorship visa.
Cheers

The real key is being on the skills list as already mentioned, you will then have to prove that you have that skill with qualifications and work experience. For rural work you should try and see if the various states will sponsor you, NSW offered to sponsor me in a rural area (didn't want to go to the sticks though). I am on a de facto spouse visa and intend to apply for residency after 2 years but I have researched other routes before using the de facto.
At present I am doing my CPL whilst working in Sydney, will spend the time building hours before becoming resident. If you want some very thorough but expensive advice use http://www.hitchcock.com.au they will tell you whether or not you have a chance ie, if it is physically possible for you to get a visa they will get it (at a price), they are based in Sydney but can do it all by mail/email. The main difficulty will be gathering all the documents together, either work history testimonials, police reports, proof of addresses etc etc etc, no migration lawyer can do this for you, the links that have been provided will tell you what documents to gather and at what time during the application process. The migration lawyers will usually tell you that they have direct contact with the 'agent' within the immigration department that will be handling your case, even though this may be true you can also communicate with the agent if you have put yourself down on the application as a contact. The law has changed recently and has become beneficial to some trades and less for others, the points system has also changed, it can all be checked on http://www.immi.gov.au

So, best of luck!
Tugga
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Tugga » Wed Apr 11 2012, 00:00

Ahoi,
sorry dont check the web that much these days. i ended up getting sponsored and have been busy flying away and having a great time doing it.

Tugga
Zebt
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Zebt » Thu Apr 12 2012, 21:33

Tugga wrote:Ahoi,
sorry dont check the web that much these days. i ended up getting sponsored and have been busy flying away and having a great time doing it.

Tugga

Great news! Congrats on that. I will be joining the list of - 'got my CPL and a small handful of hours - now what' - in about a year!

Return to “International License Conversion”