DAP East/West Amendments

Looking for some info on converting to or from an Aussie Flight Crew License?
GoingAround

DAP East/West Amendments

Postby GoingAround » Mon Nov 5 2012, 13:51

Hi guys,

I am doing my ATPL/H exams next month, but my question is regarding the updates on the Dap E&W

I bought the required updates DAP 131/132 (and 133 or Nov), but whilst updating the pages I came across the following:

Example: Canberra STAR Polli Two Uniform Arrival (RNAV) dated 8th March 2012
And previous Amdt dated: 17th Nov 2011 : Canberra STAR Polli One Uniform Arrival (RNAV)

Do I just remove the Chart dated 17th Nov, as Polli Two replaced Polli One? Or do I keep them both?

There are lots more I'm unsure about, like: Brisbane STAR Maleny Six Arrival (dated 17th Nov 2012, and the new Amendment is Malemy Seven Arrival...again do I throw the Maleny Six arrival in the bin, as this has been replaced my Maleny Seven?

Another example: Brisbane RNAV RWY 14 (dated 8th March 2012) , and new update 28th June 2012 = Brisbane RNAV-Z RWY 14... Again do I replace the plate 8th Mrch with the RNAV-Z plate dated 28th June?

Thanks for any input/help

GoingAround

Ps How accurate are the real exams compared to the AFT cyber practise exams questions you can buy from their website, Airlaw&Hum Factors (CPL&ATPL) and Bob Tait IREX??
DJ
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: DAP East/West Amendments

Postby DJ » Mon Nov 5 2012, 19:25

Yes, the (name) 6 arrival replaces the (name) 5 arrival and RNAV-Z RWY 14 replaces RNAV RWY 14.

Know the answers to every question of the practice exams, that would be at least 50% of the actual exam. I used AFT, I presume they are all similar.
Dauphin
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Dauphin » Mon Nov 5 2012, 21:10

The list of IAL charts at the front of both DAP East and DAP West will tell what charts they should contain including the amendment status (effective date) of each one.
OzCan
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby OzCan » Tue Nov 6 2012, 23:04

If your ever unsure, take a look at the List Of Effective pages, that will show you what should remain.
To most the sky is the limit, for me....the sky is home.
NotEnoughBlades
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby NotEnoughBlades » Wed Nov 7 2012, 08:32

I would recommend not just checking the List of Effective Pages if you're unsure. If you want your copy of DAP to be, without any doubt, fully up to date and LEGAL you need to confirm you have each and every page listed on the LEP and all effective dates match. Yeh it's even more of a pain that just replacing pages, but this method has shown printing errors and omissions in the past. :shock: Yep, they can make errors too.

Easy to be lazy, but....

Return to “International License Conversion”