Great Rego

A bunch of pics as supplied by members. You cant upload here but you can upload to the gallery linked above.
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: Great Rego

Postby Rotorpilot » Tue Mar 27 2012, 05:49

YSBK VH-COK
VH-DIC
VH-TWT :lol:

LIL off topic M.I.L.F - Man I Love Flying :lol:
Dem winds are gonna blow
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Tue Mar 27 2012, 07:57

Bill Vowell had a 500 BAD, it's now a 22 on a station in Queensland. When are we going to four letters? Heaps of scope then!! :D
"It's wabbit seathon! It' duck seathon! I dare you to shoot me now!"
millotte
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby millotte » Tue Mar 27 2012, 07:59

VH-FOF.. An r44 flying out of Bankstown..
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Eric Hunt » Tue Mar 27 2012, 10:25

VH-LEE is indeed the owner's pride and joy. The previous machine was only a B206, not a LongRanger, but it was painted in the chameleon paint, changing from a light blue, through pink and purple to yellow, depending on the viewing angle.

He has always been involved in charity work, on the board of Child Flight, always doing good stuff.

He is also a bit of an adventurer, going on outback trips, gallops around Australia, mountain flying in the alps (got stuck there with him in a snowstorm at Charlotte's Pass for 3 days once), to Tasmania, and he even took his 206 to New Zealand via Lord Howe and Norfolk.

Great guy.
Skid Marks
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Skid Marks » Tue Mar 27 2012, 20:05

Toby Wallace's succession of 500's with the badge ZK-HOT is a favourite.

Had a ground school instructor who had flown somewhere (possibly PNG??) for an outfit called the Obscene Aircraft Company. If my memory serves me correctly they had the regos TIT, BOX and BUM
Leethallee
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Leethallee » Wed Mar 28 2012, 06:51

On seeking an airways clearance in YSSY.. the radar operator said "Interesting call sign Foxtrot Uniform Xray" :)
I'm sure there are a couple of aircraft with NFI..? Or was that the driver??? :lol:

Lee
Last edited by Leethallee on Wed Mar 28 2012, 08:13, edited 1 time in total.
Judge your success by what you have had to give up to get it.
opsnormal
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby opsnormal » Wed Mar 28 2012, 07:31

One of the slab wing schools at YPJT used to have VH-FIG and VH-JAM.

Only FIG remains!
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Wed Mar 28 2012, 09:35

had one in the hanger (R22) painted green and gold with the rego VH-OZI, I thought that was a pretty cool rego/colour scheme. :)
A good idea needs landing gear as well as wings to get off the ground.
Heli
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Heli » Wed Mar 28 2012, 16:40

BAD: I did my 500 endorsement in that one!

LEE: Gary Ticehurst and Terry Lee had the original B206s LEE and LED as a matching pair, but Terry rolled up one (I think that it was LEE) when chasing a train when low level filming near Mangalore and found some wires in the way.
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Eric Hunt » Wed Mar 28 2012, 21:14

I think that LEE and LED came as a combination of LEE and EDWARDS, not Ticehurst. Gary came in later I believe.

Fleabags painted his machine in black and white stripes, a cross between a cow and a zebra, quite distinctive at the time.
Heli
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Heli » Wed Mar 28 2012, 22:17

That got the grey cells working: you're right, fleabags owned them both and Gary helped out on occasion between the ABC gig. I was waiting up at Yarrawonga for the weather to clear when Terry had his mishap, so that made the decision for me: drove home and picked up the machine a couple of days later.

The ferry back was where I learnt that you don't strap a 3 year old in the back of a LR, by herself, with a packet of Cheezles :roll: :wink:
truthinbeer
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby truthinbeer » Wed Mar 28 2012, 22:31

Brian the bloke who is the Australia Maule agent has a plane reg HOG. Nice graphic on the tail of a combat style pig with text Boss Hog.
Amigo Pilot
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Amigo Pilot » Thu Mar 29 2012, 00:01

Eric Hunt:
VH-LEE is indeed the owner's pride and joy. The previous machine was only a B206, not a LongRanger, but it was painted in the chameleon paint, changing from a light blue, through pink and purple to yellow, depending on the viewing angle.

You are right. It was a Jet Ranger 3. I looked at an old photo and confirm. Looked like owner repainted it and put new plastics interior, new windscreen, windows etc. Presented like new when I saw it parked in Barwon Heads. LEE is now Astar B1 or B2 I think. Saw it parked in Charleville last year. Alps and snowstorms? We flew Bells and Astars at the Andes in Rio Negro in Patagonia in winter. Snow baffles, everything frozen, bear claws on skids, nearly whiteout on take off/landings, too cold, doors freeze shut in mornings - but scenery of steppes, rivers and Andes were amazing.

LEE also a fixed wing before, based at Moorabbin.

I remember the Brazilian side of Iguazu Water Falls had Bell Long Ranger with a registration PR-PEE.
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Eric Hunt » Thu Mar 29 2012, 02:37

Looked like owner repainted it and put new plastics interior, new windscreen, windows etc. Presented like new when I saw it parked in Barwon Heads.

Actually, it WAS new. His previous bird was JAK, the old Channel 7 machine in Sydney. He bought LEE brand new.
JetRangerJunkie
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby JetRangerJunkie » Thu Oct 4 2012, 07:02

There are/have been three 'Jetties' in the 'LE_" rego block.
The first was LEC , an Agusta AB206B (8170) registered to Edwards Aviation Services in 1985. It had been around..ex G-AXKF,PK-HBL,back to G-AXKF and finally PK-HCC before coming to Oz.
Went to LEED Helicopters in 1986 and is currently still flying with Commercial Helicopters in Mudgee.
Second was LED also an AB206B (8007) registered to LEED Heli's in September 1984. It was the one rolled up in a ball near Avenel in September '86.
LEE is a BIII , (4529) registered in May 2000 to Southern Cross Executive Helicopters. Ex C-GLZO and N23434/Not taken up. Re-reg'd. to VH-SYC/4 in August 2000.
Regards
Greg
PS just had a thought..the adventurer Mr. Smith had three DIK's.
The first a BIII (3653) struck off the register in September 1990 and hanging in the Powerhouse.
The second also a BIII (what else) , (4102), re'reg'd DOJ in May 2011.
And finally his current jalope , 206L IV (52406)..was ex 'KWL , N383MW and C-GADH.
Capt Hollywood
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Capt Hollywood » Thu Oct 4 2012, 10:52

I think it was the Alice Springs aero club that had VH-CLT, VH-BUT & VH-ARS!
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Thu Oct 4 2012, 13:22

All you need for continuity holly is VH-OLE :shock:

Cheers brother!
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
CYHeli
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby CYHeli » Fri Oct 5 2012, 10:36

Cirrus, WTF is at Toowoomba today.
What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.

Return to “Heli Pic's”