Jandakot Training Organisations

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
Brendan 26

Jandakot Training Organisations

Postby Brendan 26 » Fri Oct 8 2021, 11:54

Hey all, I think there are 3 helicopter training schools in Jandakot, Rotorvation, Heli-West and Jandakot Heli-company. I was just wondering what one people can recommend? I have a fixed wing ATPL and looking to do my helicopter PPL. Thanks in advance.
huey
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: Jandakot Training Organisations

Postby huey » Fri Oct 8 2021, 22:15

Rotorvation ceased flying training in 2017 and ceased trading not long after I’m afraid.
Huey
bigglesbutler
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby bigglesbutler » Fri Oct 8 2021, 23:11

Rotorvation was absorbed into Corsaire wasn't it? Corsaire now do training too.
Treetoppa

Postby Treetoppa » Sat Oct 9 2021, 02:14

Hi Brendan,

I trained with Corsaire Helicopter Flight Training at Jandakot 12 months ago and couldn’t recommend them highly enough. The instructors there were fantastic and taught me some very valuable skills that have helped me immensely. Will be going back to do my turbine endorsement at the end of the year. Feel free to DM me for more info.
Yakking
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Yakking » Sat Oct 9 2021, 05:19

Everyone is going to say that the school they trained with (or work at) is the best.

Unless they have trained with all three, the opinion isn't that valuable.

Dedicate an afternoon to going around to all of them, have a chat, get a feel for them and work out which one feels best for you.

Enjoy learning to fly!
I wish I had a catchy saying like everyone else...
Stick Pig

Postby Stick Pig » Sat Oct 9 2021, 07:00

Agree with Yakking.

Also check out which company you can cross hire off and they have the machine you want to hire after your license as well if that is what you want to do. Some places will only hire to ex students.
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Sat Oct 9 2021, 19:55

I would also consider which of the three schools have employed ex students in their operations.

One in particular has turned day VFR pilots into single pilot IFR, NVG pilots that then move on to other things.
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
Stick Pig

Postby Stick Pig » Sat Oct 9 2021, 23:36

havick wrote:I would also consider which of the three schools have employed ex students in their operations.

One in particular has turned day VFR pilots into single pilot IFR, NVG pilots that then move on to other things.

Brandon is only considering PPL
Fill-level
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Fill-level » Sun Oct 10 2021, 01:19

All the operators at jandakot provide good quality PPL H, as suggested , if you need to rent a machine after , that may sway you're options.
Yakking
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Yakking » Sun Oct 10 2021, 08:21

havick wrote:I would also consider which of the three schools have employed ex students in their operations.

Which one is that?
I wish I had a catchy saying like everyone else...
bigglesbutler
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby bigglesbutler » Sun Oct 10 2021, 09:42

I am multi engine IFR and would KILL to get into NVG plus stay put as I love Perth :D.
Fill-level
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Fill-level » Sun Oct 10 2021, 21:59

bigglesbutler wrote:

I am multi engine IFR and would KILL to get into NVG plus stay put as I love Perth :D.

Apply for the RFDS ec145 job ?
bigglesbutler
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby bigglesbutler » Sun Oct 10 2021, 23:07

Fill-level wrote:
bigglesbutler wrote:

Apply for the RFDS ec145 job ?

Already done, on both occasions.

Return to “Flight Training”