KDR's

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
tail wind
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

KDR's

Postby tail wind » Mon Aug 22 2016, 03:37

Hi all,

Having finally finished my 7 CPL exams, was hoping there may be some advice out there on where to start in preparing for the KDR questions I'm likely to get from the testing officer on the day. I find the reports are difficult to interpret in regards to the actual incorrect question or vague on the specific area of the syllabus I got wrong, is there anyone out there that has experience with this or gone through the test recently?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
HELO1
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: KDR's

Postby HELO1 » Mon Aug 22 2016, 08:18

Tail wind,

I'm up to the same stage for mine before I go and complete my CPLH. You can find the Part 61 MoS online if you google it, or your flying school might have a copy you could borrow. Once you find the corresponding number on your KDR in the MoS you can then work out what it's meaning then refer back to your study material.

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2014L01102/05a
Try this link, then you just need to select Volume 3 in the table of contents

For example:
Cruise performance Part 61 MOS Unit 1.9.7 COPH, 1.5.1 (c) when looked up refers to part c below

1.5.1 Given graphical or tabular information typical of that provided in a flight manual for a single-engine helicopter, calculate:
(a) maximum payload which may be carried after determining the fuel requirements and the nature of the operation;
(b) endurance for holding or search for various combinations of helicopter weight and fuel;
(c) the maximum range, given weight, fuel carried and cruising altitude.

Hope this helps mate
HELO1
Smitty84

Postby Smitty84 » Mon Aug 22 2016, 08:29

Tailwind,
I completed my CPL(H) in july and with regards to the KDR's I would recommend talking to your flight school but my testing officer didn't really focus on my KDR's.
It may be due to the fact my instructor went through and thoroughly tested me on the areas I got wrong.

For my instructor I wrote paragraphs on the reference from the Part 61 MoS and then explained it in my own words.

Best bet is talk to the instructors they will guide you in the correct direction.
tail wind
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby tail wind » Mon Aug 22 2016, 22:29

Thanks for that Helo & Smitty, spot on advice

Cheers

Return to “Flight Training”