WANTED: Study Material

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
Canuck604

WANTED: Study Material

Postby Canuck604 » Fri Jul 14 2017, 04:01

Hello all,

I am a Canadian pilot with about 2500 hrs Utility experience looking at moving to Australia in the near future. I am familiar with the conversion process and am looking for used study material for the theory exams. I have to pass a version of the Air Law exam as well as Human Factors.

Does anyone who has recently completed (or given up) training have any of the study material they would be willing to part with.

I am looking for as much of this as I can get my hands on:

-AFT Flight Rules and Air Law Notes
-Bob Tait Flight Rules and Air Law Notes
-AFT Flight and Duty Information Sheet
-Lankatan Aviation Flight Rules and Air Law Index
-AFT Flight Rules and Air Law Revision Tests and Answers
-Bob Tait Flight Rules and Air Law Revision Tests and Answers
-CAAP 92-2 (1) – Guidelines for Helicopter Landing Sites
-CAAP 234-1(0) – Aircraft Fuel Requirements
-CAO 20.10 – Hot Refuelling (Helicopters)

-Human Performance and Limitations Textbook – Bob Tait
-CASA Threat and Error Management Material

-ERC Low 1/2, 3/4
-VTC Brisbane-Maroochydore/Coolangatta
-VTC Hobart/Launceston
-VTC Melbourne/Adelaide
-AUS PCA
-Civil Aviation Regulation (CAR)
-Civil Aviation Orders (CAO) Parts 20 to 95.2
-AIP Book, including AIP SUP
-En Route Supplement Australia (ERSA)

I am also interested in advice with regards to converting and job seeking in Australia.
bladewash269
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: WANTED: Study Material

Postby bladewash269 » Fri Jul 14 2017, 11:09

All of the CAO, CASR, CAR, AIP, CAAP are available online https://www.casa.gov.au/rules-and-regulations/landing-page/current-rules

Did you get this list from a flight school? They should be able to point you in the right direction.
Cleared Hot
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Cleared Hot » Fri Jul 14 2017, 12:19

Congrats on your decision. However I think there is more work in Canada then here, it's not the best job market at the moment.

As for notes just the AFT manuals will be all you need, wouldn't worry about the rest. I think I still have ATPL human factors lashing around. But I would just buy what you need from aft.

Caap and cao you can download from casa and will do for the exam.
Assume the Position
Canuck604

Postby Canuck604 » Fri Jul 14 2017, 17:09

Thanks for the info, I will print out as much as I can off the website and get to reading.

The list was given to me by a school and they were charging almost $800.00 for the "Study Package", Seems insanely high to me. They were helpful, but I think in the end were trying to make a bit of money.

I agree that Canada has a lot of great work going on right now and I would stay, but my wife is from Queensland and moving back would mean she could earn 10 times the money she is earning now in Canada. So the hope is that I will be able to convert, get a visa and find work down there so we both can be working in our career fields.
Cleared Hot
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Cleared Hot » Sat Jul 15 2017, 13:34

Just buy the subjects you need,

Airlaw: $220
Human: $245

They will come with sample questions and there Cyber exam then Download the required casa docs plus get a AIP and your good to go. Make sure you bind your downloaded casa docs though before exam. It's not like your a rookie. Dont need all the other crap you were told.

If you want to save some bucks You can have my AFt ATPL human if you like for $50Aud plus what it takes to get to you. However it's a few years old but Has all you need end some. But you won't have access to there Cyber exam which ain't necessarily required anyway.

Seems to be more opportunity in northern Aust for work. Hope you don't mind doing some tourist flying. If your lucky and if you have Fire experience you could get work on fires but will need to get a few other things under your belt for that.
Assume the Position
Pinnacle
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Pinnacle » Sat Jul 15 2017, 14:40

Check your pm
jedphelps88

Postby jedphelps88 » Sat Jul 15 2017, 23:02

Gday mate i have a full cpl helicopter text books i bought all books about 3.5 years ago but just never went through with it flick me a text if your intrested 0411882435 i think i payed around 1600 for the lot from Townsville helicopters i want to sell them for 550
jedphelps88

Postby jedphelps88 » Sat Jul 15 2017, 23:12

Gday mate i have a full cpl helicopter text books i bought all books about 3.5 years ago but just never went through with it flick me a text if your intrested 0411882435 i think i payed around 1600 for the lot from Townsville helicopters i want to sell them for 550
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Sun Jul 16 2017, 01:28

jedphelps88 wrote:Gday mate i have a full cpl helicopter text books i bought all books about 3.5 years ago but just never went through with it flick me a text if your intrested 0411882435 i think i payed around 1600 for the lot from Townsville helicopters i want to sell them for 550

Probably not useful to him seeing as he's mostly after air law study material and the regs have changed significantly since you bought those textbooks 3.5 years ago.
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Return to “Flight Training”