105 hour CPL(H) Amasing new change to part 61

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

105 hour CPL(H) Amasing new change to part 61

Postby hand in pants » Tue Nov 21 2017, 03:34

Looks like they may be finally waking up to the fact that part 61 is a pile of absolute rubbish.

Proposal to change initial helicopter pilot licence training requirements
CASA is seeking your feedback on the proposed changes to the helicopter licensing standards to help us shape the future of helicopter pilot licences.
We propose to amend Part 61 to include a 105 hour training option for the commercial pilot licence (helicopter) (CPL(H)) that reflects the old 105 hour option in regulation 5.127 of Civil Aviation Regulation (CAR) 1988 and make training in basic instrument flying optional.
The proposed changes would allow an applicant to qualify for a CPL(H) with 105 hours of helicopter flight training experience delivered by a Part 141 flight training operator.
We are calling for comments on proposed changes to helicopter licensing standards. To have your say, go to the online response form on the CASA website.
Consultation closes 3 December 2017.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: 105 hour CPL(H) Amasing new change to part 61

Postby havick » Tue Nov 21 2017, 04:20

The wheel turns
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
Icefather
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Icefather » Tue Nov 21 2017, 04:31

So what’s changed I thought you could already get a 105 CPL in CASAland ?
Heliduck
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Heliduck » Tue Nov 21 2017, 06:27

Dr. Emmett Brown: [reads the "Save the Clock Tower" flyer and reacts with hope] This is it! This is the answer. It says here that a bolt of lightning is going to strike the clock tower at precisely 10:04 p.m. next Saturday night! If... If we could somehow harness this lightning... channel it into the flux capacitor... it just might work. Next Saturday night, we're sending you back to the future!
"Plan twice...Fly once"
The Scarlett Harlot
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby The Scarlett Harlot » Tue Nov 21 2017, 08:52

Icefather wrote:So what’s changed I thought you could already get a 105 CPL in CASAland ?

After a great deal of heartache, years of uncertainty and expense, false starts, blind alleys and confusion, the ultimate replacement for the old CAR 5 syllabus requiring 105 hours is;

The Part 61 syllabus requiring : 105 hours.

Ongoing training and assessment needs remain onerous, with a seemingly never ending process of discovering some new check that needs doing or a new Box needing ticking.

The people I feel for the most are not the school owners who have invested, and will continue to have to invest massive $ and time into changing,,,,,not very much, nor the operators who have to pay for the numerous additional checks.

I feel for the FOIs, who are going to have to find a way to explain this mess.
Peter3127

Postby Peter3127 » Tue Nov 21 2017, 10:00

Can I have my $25,000 back?
Saucepan
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Saucepan » Tue Nov 21 2017, 13:11

Hmm...class action anyone?

I feel for some of my students who took out loans to speed up their courses before the dreaded 150 hour course kicked in. Guess they could have saved up instead and waited a bit? Can't help think that CASA won't let this go totally. Too much time and face involved.

Return to “Flight Training”