Letter for Permission to Land on Private Property

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
hralsy79
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Letter for Permission to Land on Private Property

Postby hralsy79 » Mon Jun 17 2019, 01:30

Hey all,

I am planning to hire a Heli to take my father for a flight around his property and then to land on my brothers properties which are near by.
It's to be a thank you to him for all his support when I made the decision to get my CPL last year, and he's been looking forward to the flight since I started training on day 1.

Anyway, what I was wondering was, does anyone have an example of a letter for "Permission to Land" that I can use so I can get my father and brothers to sign them for me before I plan everything else.
I have only seen a couple of examples when doing my training, and aren't 100% sure of what info should be included in it to cover the proverbial.

Thanks in Advance,
Al
Bedouin Prince
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Re: Letter for Permission to Land on Private Property

Postby Bedouin Prince » Mon Jun 17 2019, 03:40

It doesn't need to be to complicated. I've gotten them as simple as an email saying to the effect of, "Dear hralsy79, you have my permission to land on my property." There are no special proformers or processes. Just the permission written on a bit of paper or sent in an email.

If it's your dads or your bros place you probably don't even need to bother as he can easily vouch for you as having permission.
I'm a pessimist, that way I'm either always being proven right, or pleasantly surprised.
homersimpson
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby homersimpson » Mon Jun 17 2019, 06:06

You’re only getting it so the land owner can’t deny giving permission after the fact, which your dad won’t do, so no need to get it.
We usually just make sure there’s an email if it’s on a client’s property.
hralsy79
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby hralsy79 » Tue Jun 18 2019, 02:18

Thanks for the response guys.
Sounds like I was over complicating it. There's definitely no chance my dad or brothers would deny me landing.

Cheers again for the feedback.
Chang739
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Chang739 » Tue Jun 18 2019, 05:42

Depends if you buy them a good carton or not :D
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Tue Jun 18 2019, 08:24

It can also depend on what State, land zoning, neighbour complaints, live stock and environmental protection areas effected, approach and departure paths, neighboring residents (let them know and offer a flight! Old school respect and barter) size of the block, CA$A HLS requirements, EPA requirements, the list can go on and on..
Get your info together and a landing permission letter from the land owner (in your case, family) and have a crack at it. I say fu(k them.
But..
Prepare a Risk Assesment.
Consider it and have these these things in place.
You can present that to the fun Police (if they come.)and you have at least tried your best for a safe out come.
This country sucks for people who have a crack at a dream and carry it out.
Best be prepared for the worst to cover your A$$
All depends on who, where and when.
The desert. No problem.
Rural, take the advice.
Semi Rural. Same as above.
Suburban areas including parks, McDonalds/ KFC etc.
Stay on the lounge at home or work and forget about it.
GF
Good luck!
Have fun!
Live the dream!!
You only live once that you remember.
There is always an option.
hralsy79
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby hralsy79 » Thu Jun 20 2019, 09:56

Hahahaha Very true Chang739... Only they want a flight not a carton.

Thanks also Godfather007. All the information you provided is extremely helpful and I will definitely ensure I am prepared and have covered all aspects as you suggest.

Return to “Flight Training”