Alpha eagle Bose conversion plus Bose headsets

Got something to sell? List it here for free.
SIR_SMP
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Alpha eagle Bose conversion plus Bose headsets

Postby SIR_SMP » Sun Jan 22 2017, 07:22

I have done a few of these conversions now and have two sets of Bose X10 headsets left to convert over your Alpha Helmet

I do it a bit differently to the cheap & easy way (just shoving them in there), I extend the mic wires and convert the bose mic flex boom to work through the helmet shell on the original position. The stock ear cup pull tabs that come out the side of the helmet will also still be functional and the cord will exit the rear under shell in the stock position

The modification to the bose components relates to the cord and the powerbox, the ear cups and microphone / boom remain standard and are therefore easily interchangeable in the event of failure in the future with stock OEM parts, the are either plug and clip (mic) or plug and screw (ear cup) interfaces

For all intense and purposes your helmet will look and function the same as stock except you will have a cool Bose powerbox on your helmet cord. The cups feel bit different at first but its not better / worse just a bit different

Adjustment of the cups via the velcro V straps in the side of the helmet will be retained, as will the pull down straps (mentioned above)

Total cost to you including return shipping is $600 including a donor set of headphones (a used but good set of Bose X10 ANR) that I will provide

Price above is conditional to:
- You must ship the helmet to me (Vic)
- Parts removed are not returned to you (stock ear cups and speakers, mic, mic boom etc (some of these parts are used for the conversion)
- Your helmet must be complete with either stock electronics or factory ANR
- Additional electronics such as CEP etc will be disconnected (currently I don't offer this as an option)
- Mic lights etc are removed as the microphone will be the Bose flex boom

Retention of the stock Microphone wire boom not available

$150 extra if you want your stock components returned (as I need to supply alternative parts)

I can send you pics etc just PM me and ill text to you

Gentex conversion is available but it requires a very expensive earpiece adaptor from the states (US$450 plus post) so to be honest your better off getting a helmet upgrade

I have only converted Alpha'a but from what I can see the MSA is similar in structure and setup to an alpha so could probably also be done
Ben Geaney
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Alpha eagle Bose conversion plus Bose headsets

Postby Ben Geaney » Mon Jan 23 2017, 23:22

Sent you a pm.
hoverthrust
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby hoverthrust » Wed Jan 25 2017, 22:25

Will it work with the Bose A20 headsets?
Do you use the Bose ear cups or the helmet ear cups?
Have you got any photos of the conversion that you have done?
RotorBunny13

Postby RotorBunny13 » Fri Jan 27 2017, 15:16

Pm sent :)
SIR_SMP
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby SIR_SMP » Sat Jan 28 2017, 22:17

Hey Y'all

unfortunately I have run out of x10 headsets (only had 2) and there now spoken for. I can still do a conversion if you supply a headset and your helmet, cost is $300 including return freight just for the conversion, same rules apply as before

To answer a few questions

I need your helmet for about 2 weeks, because the only free time I have to tinker around in the shed is sundays

The Bose ear cups will be installed into your helmet and all your standard cups and wiring are removed

X10's are preferred as the ear cup is rounder and suits the shell profile of the helmet better, there is no reason A20's couldn't be used (I haven't done one yet but the principle is the same) but the space might be a little tighter. The microphone on the A20 extends a little lower so the microphone cable might be a little more exposed but no biggie, Ill just add a little extra heat shrink over it to protect it

I don't supply a tax invoice or GST, im not a business just a tinkerer that done the conversion to mine and thought everyone else should be flying these

I cut a bit of cable etc out of your original wiring and use some clips hence why you need to supply the helmet complete and hence why the original items are not returned

I dont do any repairs etc to your headsets so don't buy some cheap bose off eBay that has "slight noise" in one speaker (seen that one done)

let me see if I can upload some pics
SIR_SMP
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby SIR_SMP » Sat Jan 28 2017, 22:31

heres the pics
Attachments
thumbnail_image4.jpg
thumbnail_image3.jpg
thumbnail_image2.jpg
thumbnail_image1.jpg
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Sun Jan 29 2017, 13:36

Looks like nice work.
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
SIR_SMP
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby SIR_SMP » Mon Jan 30 2017, 20:28

Cheers
SIR_SMP
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby SIR_SMP » Fri Feb 3 2017, 04:42

Hi All

I bought another set of Bose X10 headsets to do a conversion that didn't go ahead Grrrrr, last time I put my hand in my pocket to help someone out !!!!

anyway will be $700 incl. return freight to convert your lid as I payed a bit for the headsets. There was a slight crack one of the outer housing connectors which has been glued but you wont see that anyway, just mentioning it for honesty

first in first dressed
KOALA
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby KOALA » Fri Feb 3 2017, 09:56

PM Sent
Aspiring HEMS pilot 8)
SIR_SMP
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby SIR_SMP » Fri Feb 17 2017, 09:08

A20 conversion has now been done, no issues, the cups actually don't need any more room than stock and the setup is the same as with X

So right now:

Including Bose X (used) conversion $750 return posted (1 only currently available)
Including Brand new Bose A20 Bluetooth latest 2016+ model $1900, any cord combination you like

I have one only A20 conversion available (heli straight cord) for a discount of $200 so $1700 return shipped, the donor headset is the latest model purchased a month ago, used on two flights, picture below

PM as always
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_9789.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9787.jpg
Last edited by SIR_SMP on Fri Feb 17 2017, 09:13, edited 1 time in total.
SIR_SMP
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby SIR_SMP » Fri Feb 17 2017, 09:12

oh headset also available for sale $1200 posted with original bag and papers, bank transfer only. The latest A20 model has only been out a few months

Copy of original receipt supplied (you can use for this years tax) still under warranty
SIR_SMP
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby SIR_SMP » Wed Apr 5 2017, 00:31

Pictures attached of A20 conversion, have done 2 of these now and converted my personal helmet over to a A20 setup, its pretty neat :D (c:_ol

Currently available

Bose X used conversion (coil cord single plug) $750 (2 available)
Bose X New headset (coil cord single plug flight tested only) with brand new down box and coil cord $1150 (1 available)
Bose A20 Bluetooth latest music compatible model $1900 (no limit to availability)
Attachments
image4.JPG
image3.JPG
image2.JPG
image1.JPG
SIR_SMP
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby SIR_SMP » Wed Aug 9 2017, 06:41

So I have been tinkering in the shed and have come up with a new wiring harness that integrates the stock Helmet microphone into the Bose headset conversion, it's a bit pricier due to the high cost of the connectors but works a treat
Attachments
image1.JPG

Return to “For Sale”