Question about the NZCAA

General discussion from the very important bit between the carpark and the flight line.
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Question about the NZCAA

Postby Pegs » Sat Apr 21 2012, 01:18

Just wanting some clarification from someone in NZ, have been looking at some helicopters for sale over there, and came across a machine that was for sale, but hasn't been flown since 2007, it was fully airworthy (just 150 hrs out of full MO) but was placed into storage, the advert says
This Helicopter has not flown since April 2007. It has been in dry storage. The NZCAA have De Registered it, and the certificate of airworthiness has been cancelled

is this something that is normally done in NZ? Are registrations cancelled if the machines are not actively flying for a certain time? I'm just trying to work out why it would have been DE-registered, any light shed would be great.

cheers
Pegs
A good idea needs landing gear as well as wings to get off the ground.
BenThomas
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: Question about the NZCAA

Postby BenThomas » Sat Apr 21 2012, 03:43

Man your guys shopping list just gets longer every time I log in. :D What machine are you looking at?

From what I can remember what you are looking at is the aircraft registaration which is a flight manual requirement which lists the legal owner of the aircraft.(someone who as legal right to the machine for more than 30 days)

The airworthyness cirtificate is another flight manual document that deals with the scedualed maintainance of the aircraft. You will probobly have to get anouther annual inspection done and insure you are current with all airworthy directives before being issued with a new certificate. However your maintainace that is cycle/hours dependant should be still on hold(I think, we are talkin 5 years).

The place you really want to spent some time at is The NZ CAA website(im sure it was designed by the same company that did the tax departments :D ). http://www.caa.govt.nz/index.html

The Law is in the Civil aviation act 1990 also on the website relevent parts are;

Part 39 Airworthiness Directives http://www.caa.govt.nz/rules/Part_039_Brief.htm

Part 43 General Maintenance Rules http://www.caa.govt.nz/rules/Part_043_Brief.htm

Part 47 Aircraft Registration and Marking http://www.caa.govt.nz/rules/Part_047_Brief.htm

A bit of homework I know but it is all there in black and white. Please do not take what I have said as gospel it was just were I would start off the top of my head. I hope it helps. Feel free to pm me or post if you guys have any questions.

Fly safe

Ben
NZHelo
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby NZHelo » Sat Apr 21 2012, 04:15

NZCAA website probably does not have spell check either...just saying
No doubt axed again
BenThomas
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby BenThomas » Sat Apr 21 2012, 08:40

Hey man I know I can't spell, sometimes I don't have time for spell check. Its the content thats important not the presentation. I would hope that anyone who wanted to knock one of my posts it would be about the things I have said and not the spelling.

Ben "Never lernt good england" Thomas :D
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Sat Apr 21 2012, 10:51

BenThomas wrote:Man your guys shopping list just gets longer every time I log in. :D What machine are you looking at?

From what I can remember what you are looking at is the aircraft registaration which is a flight manual requirement which lists the legal owner of the aircraft.(someone who as legal right to the machine for more than 30 days)

Ben

Rolling on the floor Laughing Ben! Just checking out a 22 that was up for tender, and I was wondering why a machine would be de registered, it seemed a drastic step to take if it was still flyable. Thanks for the info and the links, much appreciated.

Pegs :)
A good idea needs landing gear as well as wings to get off the ground.

Return to “From the Hangar Floor”