An Appreciation

General discussion from the very important bit between the carpark and the flight line.
mja
1st Dan
1st Dan

An Appreciation

Postby mja » Thu May 23 2013, 08:35

Recently, my wife and I, whilst on our honeymoon, visited the Edge Helicopters site on the Great Ocean Road for a flight to fly to London Bridge. We had a terrific experience/time! So, well done to our pilot and the team that carry out those flights to the benefit of Australia and the helicopter community.

As someone who has had the privilege of flying people around our beautiful countries coastline; to see the joy on peoples faces flying in a helicopter to do so, thank you for the service and hospitality of the experience, even with the weather being very ordinary. I can only recommend that; no matter who you are, say hi, say nothing (as I did, nothing about being a pilot) and enjoy the ride of the most incredible part of our country.

....... :cool_dc:
CYHeli
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: An Appreciation

Postby CYHeli » Thu May 23 2013, 10:09

Congrats on your wedding. Here's to many years together.
What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
mja
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby mja » Thu May 23 2013, 10:44

Thanks CY, she is amazing!...... :cool_dc:
froginasock
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby froginasock » Fri May 24 2013, 02:07

mja wrote: So, well done to our pilot and the team that carry out those flights to the benefit of Australia and the helicopter community .... I can only recommend that; no matter who you are, say hi, say nothing (as I did, nothing about being a pilot) and enjoy the ride of the most incredible part of our country.

....... :cool_dc:

Great post MJA ... and how good is it to see/hear positive feedback for the pilot/operator (neither of which are me by the way). This is the type of service we all aim for - regardless of what and where we fly.
huppypuppy

Postby huppypuppy » Sat Nov 30 2013, 12:29

I also want to echo mja's post here - there are a few operators in NSW I have flown with.... those I have flown with are Dubbo Helicopters of Dubbo (2x Eurocopter EC120B on the same day), Precision Helicopters of Coffs Harbour (Bell 206B-3 JetRanger III), Commercial Helicopters of Mudgee (2x Bell 206B-3 JetRanger III) and Helicruz of Orange (Robinson R44 Raven II). The first time I flew in July 2006, I flew with Commercial Helicopters at the Mudgee Field Days.

A big thanks to each and every one of the pilots and ground crews - especially Tony Dormer from Dubbo Helicopters. Tony took me up in DH's EC120B and, on the second flight, talked me through the LCD instruments on his chopper.... for that, I will be ever grateful.

Joe
Newbie at Bladeslapper
Robinson Helicopter Enthusiast
R44 Raven II and R66 Turbine Preferred but Not Essential

Return to “From the Hangar Floor”