Empty Charter legs

General discussion from the very important bit between the carpark and the flight line.
shortone
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Empty Charter legs

Postby shortone » Wed Oct 2 2013, 12:30

G'day guys,

Do any of you being operators have many empty leg sectors these days?
nymagee
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Empty Charter legs

Postby nymagee » Wed Oct 2 2013, 22:00

Can't afford too :)
mickjoiebill
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby mickjoiebill » Tue Oct 8 2013, 22:44

There is an excellent business model for selling dead legs in biz jets in usa . http://jetsuite.com/suitedeal
It probably doesn't translate to the majority of helicopters operators in oz but worth a look if you travel to the states and want to splurge.

They have a fixed price of $536 for the entire aircraft (4 seats) on short flights on their most common 4 seater biz jet. Longer flights are double .
They advertise their available flights with 24hrs notice and they usually sellout. Around 10 flights per day from and to all over the USA.

The online sales process is linked to a set of terms and conditions so no person to person interaction is required until the punter has paid for the trip on credit card.

The company run quite a few biz jets, they don't broker for anyone else.

Having just returned from holidays in the states yesterday I monitored the site hoping I'd get lucky with a flight in the right direction that slotted into our travel plans. I was prepared to make diversions as $500 is a cheap thrill and bragging rights for the kids! (about same price as a day for 4 at six flags with fast pass)

Mickjoebill
ChicoCheco
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby ChicoCheco » Wed Oct 9 2013, 09:08

I'd go for the JetSuite deal if it's flown single pilot (who'd be CFI/MEI rated) and I could log it as training received. Need couple more complex or twin hours, as always. Pax in the back would be a bonus.. :-) Just not sure it'd be doable due to insurance/SOPs, having punter in front. Also for the same insurance reasons, some single pilot aircraft are operated two crew, so it'd be long shot enquiring about it this way.
shortone
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby shortone » Thu Oct 10 2013, 09:13

Check out EmptyJets.com.au

Return to “From the Hangar Floor”