Christmas time again

Looking for somewhere to post an unusual question? Got something that doesn't fit anywhere else? Do it here...
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Christmas time again

Postby hand in pants » Wed Dec 23 2015, 23:54

To all Slappers.
Have a safe, happy Christmas, and a busy new year. With luck, 2016 will be what we all want, no accidents, higher rates of pay and more flying than we can handle.
2016 might be the year that casa gets its poo into one neat pile and dumps 61, 141, 142 and any of the other proposed changes they haven't put enough time and research into.
As an industry I think we all get along well enough, especially when we have problems such as Part 61. We do get a bit snarky at each other, but on the whole I doubt there would be a fight at any of our gathering regardless of the amount of piss drunk. It certainly has been a step up from driving trucks (blues at EVERY function) even though I would go back on the highway if I ever do my loose my licence.
I hope that all who have to work on Christmas day have a quiet one and do get some time with families.
With luck we will run into one another at some stage.

Terry
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: Christmas time again

Postby FerrariFlyer » Thu Dec 24 2015, 01:22

Hear hear! Another year about to pass by, several more grey hairs added, a few IQ points lost and maybe 1/100,000,000th of a percent wiser!!!

Best wishes to all over the festive season, especially to those working away and absent from their families and home over Christmas.

HIP, we need to organise another local bash early in the New Year at some point. Perhaps mid-Feb or March sometime when the roster allows it. I'll consult with Twisty and see when our paths might cross.

Regards to all.

FF
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Thu Dec 24 2015, 04:20

Dammed fine idea FF. I look forward to it.
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Thu Dec 24 2015, 13:19

Merry Christmas to all slappers and a prosperous new year ahead.

FF and Pants ill be definitely in for another symposium at some point in the new year. :lol:
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
westy
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby westy » Thu Dec 24 2015, 21:07

I may have to return to the old hometown for this get together.
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Fri Dec 25 2015, 01:10

G'day Westy and Merry Christmas mate!

Email me your time off dates for early next year and I'll see what we can work out. It would be great to have a 'symposium' with some locals.
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Fri Dec 25 2015, 05:15

FF, I'd much rather get on the piss that do a symposium.
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Fri Dec 25 2015, 05:34

HIP I thought a symposium with helicopter pilots was just about drinking piss.
CYHeli
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby CYHeli » Fri Dec 25 2015, 22:31

So Terry, does that mean that you all aren't going to wait until Rotortech for some out of towers to drop in?
What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Fri Dec 25 2015, 22:59

CYHeli wrote:So Terry, does that mean that you all aren't going to wait until Rotortech for some out of towers to drop in?

Well, it looks like it might be busy on the 'symposium' front this year with multiple events required.

Return to “The Pilots Lounge”