ARH Tiger out the door

Looking for somewhere to post an unusual question? Got something that doesn't fit anywhere else? Do it here...
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

ARH Tiger out the door

Postby havick » Tue Mar 1 2016, 05:21

"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
Bigdog
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: ARH Tiger out the door

Postby Bigdog » Tue Mar 1 2016, 10:02

Oc:= biting my tongue as this makes me furious.....
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Tue Mar 1 2016, 10:40

Typical Au$tralian government. (Dickhead$)
Another waste of our tax $$
Where dose it end???
There is always an option.
mdav
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby mdav » Tue Mar 1 2016, 12:00

They should never of gone the tiger rd in the first place. Do it right or do it twice.

So now what, couple of drones and some md530f's
Heliduck
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Heliduck » Tue Mar 1 2016, 17:36

Collins class, sea sprite, ARH, I reckon the Greek government could have managed it better. We'll be lucky to have the capability to drop a can of baked beans to the SAS out of an R22.
"Plan twice...Fly once"
FatBoy1971
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby FatBoy1971 » Wed Mar 2 2016, 10:38

The difference with those mentioned above is that in the end the RAN finished up with a very capable Diesel Electric submarine with the Collins Class. The others have not gained operational acceptance.

I think that the ADF and Australian Government have now realised the benefits of MOTS. Perfect examples are Super Hornet, C-17, and the MH-60R.
To alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Practice
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Practice » Thu Mar 3 2016, 00:52

FatBoy1971 wrote:I think that the ADF and Australian Government have now realised the benefits of MOTS. Perfect examples are Super Hornet, C-17, and the MH-60R.

Interestingly, I heard from someone the other day that the Romeo is having trouble meeting expectations in relation to hot and heavy performance.

Anyone in the know?
Yankee
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Yankee » Thu Mar 3 2016, 20:44

The Romeo is a pig. Always was, always will be. I talked to a navy guy back in 2004 that had flown it.
What really bugs me about any government procurement is that the pollies mahe a purchase decision based on marketing when they should really just ask for the opinion of their pilots and mechanics.
Don't think of yourself as and ugly person. Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey.
bangequalsbad
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby bangequalsbad » Thu Mar 3 2016, 21:09

Buy Russian.

The "bad guys" always have the best gear.
FatBoy1971
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby FatBoy1971 » Thu Mar 3 2016, 23:59

Yankee wrote:The Romeo is a pig. Always was, always will be. I talked to a navy guy back in 2004 that had flown it.
What really bugs me about any government procurement is that the pollies mahe a purchase decision based on marketing when they should really just ask for the opinion of their pilots and mechanics.

The Romeo was always going to be a pig compared to the Bravo. Basically the same aircraft with more gear in it, hence it is heavier. However, it does do a different role.

Why did the Government purchase the Romeo? Because this time they did listen to the pilots and mechanics.
To alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Return to “The Pilots Lounge”