The new and improved part 48

Looking for somewhere to post an unusual question? Got something that doesn't fit anywhere else? Do it here...
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

The new and improved part 48

Postby hand in pants » Fri Feb 9 2018, 21:37

Wow. Just had a quick (very quick, didn't want to risk a suicide attempt due to brain overload) look at the new and improved part 48 crap.
Way to go for those who wrote it, still confusing, still way to long winded, still full of pointless rubbish, still written to confuse and mislead, still obviously written by and for lawyers/academics, still not aimed at pilots, still full of dumb abbreviations, still stinks like it's written by people who have NEVER worked in the civil aviation industry.
At best some of this garbage is an invasion of my privacy. What I do in my time off has nothing to do with my employer or the caa. As long as I come to work clean and sober, in the right frame of mind for the job, fit enough to do the job that's all they need to know.

Civil Aviation Order 48.1 Instrument 2013, as amended by Civil Aviation Order 48.1 Amendment Instrument 2016 (No. 1) is just a re-hash of the rubbish they forced on us a couple of years ago that didn't work then and won't work now.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
Mallard
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: The new and improved part 48

Postby Mallard » Sat Feb 10 2018, 03:24

References to references... acronyms within abbreviations... clear as mud.

Definitely on par with the other documents!
jimiemick
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby jimiemick » Mon Feb 12 2018, 10:28

Wish Id already sat all of my LAW exams by the sounds of it.....
VBlade
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby VBlade » Sat Feb 17 2018, 03:07

Probably change again before there completed

Return to “The Pilots Lounge”