Chief Pilot Check Flight

Looking for somewhere to post an unusual question? Got something that doesn't fit anywhere else? Do it here...
wheatbix
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Chief Pilot Check Flight

Postby wheatbix » Thu Jul 3 2003, 01:00

Call me stupid, but i can't seem to find the reference in the regs relating to the requirements for a pilot to have undertaken a proficiency check flight with the CP within the preceeding 12 months (if no check & training is required).

CAO 20.18 details the requirements for emergency proficiency demonstration, but makes no mention of a flight having to be performed. I've also checked through most of the other parts of the CAOs and CAR but apparently I need stronger glasses!

Any help would be much appreciated :D
Oogle
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Chief Pilot Check Flight

Postby Oogle » Thu Jul 3 2003, 03:35

I think that it should be detailed in your Ops manual.
CYHeli
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby CYHeli » Thu Jul 3 2003, 16:03

CAO 20.11 I think.
Around about para 12.
CAO 82.01 also provides instructions on the storage of flight (check) training records etc, check out Appendix 1, para 2.
http://www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/main/download/orders/cao82/8201.pdf
But doesn't say how often it needs to be done. Reading the two together would lead me to suggest that at least annual training would cover all that needs doing, the flight component and the passenger briefing/control.

edited to add link.
What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
wheatbix
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby wheatbix » Thu Jul 3 2003, 17:08

Sorry in my original post I meant to refer to CAO 20.11 rather than 20.18, not too sure how i got the two mixed up. :?:

Thanks for the help! :D
Coriolis
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Coriolis » Fri Jul 4 2003, 16:57

The check flight by a CP will be a company Ops Manual requirement and yes, it is a legal requirement if it is in there!
Life is like a ferris wheel;
Some days your on the top,
some days your on the botton!

Return to “The Pilots Lounge”