Mat Wright - Nat Geo Wild starts OCT

Looking for somewhere to post an unusual question? Got something that doesn't fit anywhere else? Do it here...
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Mat Wright - Nat Geo Wild starts OCT

Postby Pegs » Sun Oct 2 2011, 08:32

just watched an interview with Mat on the Sunday night show, almost enough to see me get an Austar subscription! His series starts October 5th on Nat Geo Wild, if the series pops up on the internet anyone who cares to post the links to them I will be grateful. Look forward to seeing where this series goes, good work mate.

http://www.thefordhamcompany.com.au/clients/matthew-wright
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/09/airdate-outback-wrangler.html

edit, here is the link to the sunday night show (Chanel 7) for those that want to watch the interview, love the bit where Mat and another fella haul a croc into the tinny and Sam (reporter) is trying to back peddle out of the tinny :lol: Someone forgot to tell her there where more of them in the water than where going to be in the boat, but Mat just kept reassuring her "Its all right Sam" :wink: . :lol:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/video/watch/26800869
Last edited by Pegs on Sun Oct 2 2011, 20:50, edited 2 times in total.
A good idea needs landing gear as well as wings to get off the ground.
Hover Nation
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Mat Wright - Nat Geo Wild starts OCT

Postby Hover Nation » Sun Oct 2 2011, 09:29

Looks like another Keeping up with the Jones' but I'll enjoy watching it.
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Sun Oct 2 2011, 09:40

Hover Nation wrote:Looks like another Keeping up with the Jones' but I'll enjoy watching it.

probably so mate, but he's a hell of a lot better lookin then Milton :P
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Sun Oct 2 2011, 12:04

details on the episodes for anyone who actually has access to Nat Geo Wild, unfortunately not I. :x

http://natgeotv.com.au/tv/outback-wrangler/episodes.aspx?series=1
Trailing edge
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Trailing edge » Sun Oct 2 2011, 20:46

Thanks Pegs,

Just series linked it, we'll see how it goes.

TE
Whoever said torque is cheap has never flown a helicopter
Little Bird
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Little Bird » Tue Oct 4 2011, 03:34

That's gold Nawty, thanks. Tough for us over here eh...?!
As an aside, if FWAW gets tough, download "Intrusion: Cambodia" if you want a rollicking good giggle. That old Huey sounds like a beaten up 44... 8)
NZHelo
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby NZHelo » Tue Oct 4 2011, 03:43

Nawty wrote:I am sitting in the hills of Asia watching The Block now....oh and Farmer Wants a Wife.

Let me think explore foreign country or watch crap Australian TV
What a waste of time......IMHO
Nawty
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Nawty » Tue Oct 4 2011, 13:56

NZHelo wrote:
Nawty wrote:I am sitting in the hills of Asia watching The Block now....oh and Farmer Wants a Wife.

Let me think explore foreign country or watch crap Australian TV
What a waste of time......IMHO

Well......8 years of exploration thus far... intermittently of course...and kids to stay somewhat settled for.....yes, watching some good Oz shows sure beats the crap out of visiting another freaking temple.......of course newbies need to get that 'exoticness' out of their system and marvel at the spiritualness of it all before they realise how stupid it is to tie 300 budah amulets around your neck and drive like a maniac cos you're protected....did you know that it is unlucky to get your hair cut on a monday ??
Nawty
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Nawty » Tue Oct 4 2011, 13:56

Little Bird wrote:That's gold Nawty, thanks. Tough for us over here eh...?!
As an aside, if FWAW gets tough, download "Intrusion: Cambodia" if you want a rollicking good giggle. That old Huey sounds like a beaten up 44... 8)

Thanks, shall give it a look.
helimusterer
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby helimusterer » Wed Oct 5 2011, 11:14

Mat might have found the secret to taking a small amount of money and turning it into a large fortune with helicopters, Hollywood? That is the big time! Hope it all goes well for you mate.
Everyone has to make mistakes to learn, but If you don't learn from your mistakes you may not live to learn next time round.
not so special

Postby not so special » Wed Oct 5 2011, 20:22

Would someone please give the stingrays a call :lol: :lol:
Nawty
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Nawty » Thu Oct 13 2011, 06:51

Lol.....I have 2 invites available if you want one.

Just join, whatever you have to do and jobs done.....tis easy and then you can load whatever you want.....connection permitting of course.

I downloaded it yesterday, got it in a day....got another show loading now, should be done today.....even on my slow connection so you should be able let it slowly load away and you'll eventually get it.

If you want invite, send me your email....
Nawty
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Nawty » Thu Oct 13 2011, 12:39

Just watched the first episode.....think we have found our new croc hunter.

I really enjoyed it...no pretentious crap in it and all action.

I think this fellow will be huge.

Would love to know some of his background....what he did before, started etc and does he have his own heli company now or what ??

How things change from last time I flew in that area more than 15 years ago....they would have still been in school them young bucks....depressing really.

My kids love it....wanna go do it themselves now....missus said lets go buy a helicopter and move back to Oz....said she would fly while I catch....my 6yo daughter said that she cannot even drive without crashing.
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Fri Oct 14 2011, 01:49

More bloody snappin’ handbags. Poor things, not a moments peace, with every Tom, Dick and Harry Butler and their film crews pestering the crap out of them.(gotta love the auto edit! :lol: ) Must be stressed to buggery!
You would think that in a country full of every kickin’, gougin’ bitin’ scratching wee beasties God ever put breath into (Christ if takes longer than half an hour to kill it’s considered harmless!), that they would be able to pick on something else for a change! :roll:
Here you go Matt, have a crack at one of these!! No it’s not a Python (Monty or otherwise and the photo isn’t doctored) It’s a good ol’ Tassy Tiger snake. These thing don’t have to bite to be lethal, guaranteed to give you a heart attack at twenty paces. One glance from that beady little eye will send you into shock!! This one was caught about six months ago near Ouse.
"It's wabbit seathon! It' duck seathon! I dare you to shoot me now!"
truthinbeer
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby truthinbeer » Sat Oct 15 2011, 01:57

Geez black duck, you can't be much of a shot. Looking at the debris in the photo it appears you threw just about everything at it.
Nawty
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Nawty » Sat Oct 15 2011, 03:18

Thats what is left of the house.....but he got the snake...

Is that a Tasmanian in the pic ??......where's his sister ??.......nice tracky daks.....clarse...
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Sat Oct 15 2011, 03:53

truthinbeer wrote:Geez black duck, you can't be much of a shot. Looking at the debris in the photo it appears you threw just about everything at it.

It does look a bit battle fieldish doesn't it, I think they call it landscaping around Ouse way. :lol:
"It's wabbit seathon! It' duck seathon! I dare you to shoot me now!"
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Sat Oct 15 2011, 04:28

I actually thought he is a very snappy dresser. Especially for somone from Tassie..........

Hard to tell from the photo, but the snake looks fairly knocked around, are you sure that he wasn't trying to have his way with it and things got out of hand??????????
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!

Return to “The Pilots Lounge”