IREX

Looking for somewhere to post an unusual question? Got something that doesn't fit anywhere else? Do it here...
Airbeater
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

IREX

Postby Airbeater » Mon Oct 10 2011, 22:07

Hi everyone,
Just a quick one, I would really like to hear from anyone who has recently completed their IREX. I am also looking at self studying this one, no time for classes.
I would also be very interested in buying/renting or loaning study notes, and what study notes you found most helpful.

regards and safe flying,

AB
Jabberwocky
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: IREX

Postby Jabberwocky » Tue Oct 11 2011, 01:50

Hi Airbeater. I passed IREX not too long ago, not so recently, but I went the self study option. I really enjoyed learning the material and it's the sort of thing I'd like to do eventually.
Try to borrow some up to date Daps as you won't use them much afterwards. It can be done quite cheaply if time and money are a problem.
It's a good exam, and you will be kept busy so make sure you're prepared before you go in. Don't let it's reputation get the best if you though, it's a very passable exam.
There's a few threads on here with some very useful information in them. Post up anything you want to know in particular.

Return to “The Pilots Lounge”