Skull Caps

Looking for somewhere to post an unusual question? Got something that doesn't fit anywhere else? Do it here...
Desertflyer
1st Dan
1st Dan

Skull Caps

Postby Desertflyer » Fri Mar 9 2012, 09:40

Anyone got a good source for skull caps? Sisley seems quite pricey.
Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: Skull Caps

Postby Twistgrip » Fri Mar 9 2012, 09:55

I got one through Sisley about 10 years ago and still use the same one! Just wash it every blue moon and it will smell nice and fresh again! Well worth it
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Yakking
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Yakking » Fri Mar 9 2012, 10:04

Buy the material and get your grandma to sew you a couple
I wish I had a catchy saying like everyone else...
Heli
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Heli » Fri Mar 9 2012, 11:21

A & S Motorcycles have some skull caps, $US17.50 for silk or about $US10 for cloth 8)
Ian McMinn
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Ian McMinn » Fri Mar 9 2012, 11:57

I recently had my 15 year old Alpha 300 refurbished by Greg Bayne (direct line 04 0248 1450) at Helicopter Helmets Australia.

He was a thorough gentleman to deal with, did a great job of the re-birth and is a true Aussie Fella.

I couldn't recommend a better service.

I bought a couple of scull caps while there and they are good quality items.

Regards

Ian
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Fri Mar 9 2012, 14:04

McMinn:)

Been many years my friend since I've seen that name in public hahaha... I'll drop you a PM towards the end of next week mate! I'll give you a hint (Frosty boys 97')
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Ian McMinn
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Ian McMinn » Fri Mar 9 2012, 14:19

Twistgrip,

That nails it down to about 17 Fellas, You either had the big hand gun? The explosives???(sorry that was the same guy) I declared in another post that we should be a little more honest, but, maybe we can leave that one to ourselves!!!!!

You know I was only telling a Fella the other day that I did B47, B206, some AS350BA, NVFR and Sling all at that gig.

I'm thinking I might have done some of the previously mentioned under your direction. Did I bump into one of your ground crew recently? who was keeping your big lifter in the air.

Ian

Return to “The Pilots Lounge”