The Kimberley's & Jet A1 Availability

Looking for somewhere to post an unusual question? Got something that doesn't fit anywhere else? Do it here...
Rusky
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

The Kimberley's & Jet A1 Availability

Postby Rusky » Tue Aug 13 2013, 04:00

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice and contacts for anyone in the know regarding arranging Jet A1 fuel for a trip I am planning through the Kimberley's next May.

Where can I get Jet A1 fuel dumps organised? Truscott?, Mitchell Falls?, Kalumbaru?
Who usually can/does provide such a service in these locations?
Who is best to contact(s)?

Appreciate any advice that I can get from guys working up there or in the know.
Thanks.
junque
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: The Kimberley's & Jet A1 Availability

Postby junque » Tue Aug 13 2013, 04:48

Although I was there quite a few years ago Broome , derby and kunna had jet , Hells crack had jet but you needed a card from the local council . Truscott if you want to pay the $$$$ landing fee .Otherwise it was drumstock , Derby stock supplies used to be the agent and they could deliver as long as the gibb was open . Mt Elizabeth was a popular refuel site but you would need to ask the station if it was ok for you to have drums there . Hope that helps Jq
HFTB
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby HFTB » Tue Aug 13 2013, 06:28

HeliworkWA 08 9166 9300
Bambara
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Bambara » Tue Aug 13 2013, 07:34

As mentioned, Derby Stock Supplies made deliveries when it was dry. I recall they were delivering jet A-1 to Heliwork at Mitchell Falls.

I guess you could ask the various stations or communities if they will accept and store some fuel for you, and then piggyback on a planned fuel delivery of Avgas.
Rusky
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Rusky » Tue Aug 13 2013, 10:47

Thanks for the leads guys, I'll give them a go.
Bucketlist
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Bucketlist » Tue Aug 13 2013, 12:50

Try North Star Helicopters out of Kununurra, they may be able to offer some assistance out of the Berkley River Lodge, Jet is also available at Kalumburu,... watch out for the landing fees at Truscott...I'm led to believe around $900 per landing...Derby Stock supplies will truck drums up the Gibb for you as long as you have the storage sites sussed, and it may be worthwhile talking to DPAW used to be called CALM, they may allow you too store drummed fuel at Mt Hart as long as you organise/agree... (read PAY) to truck out an equivalent number of empty drums.

Return to “The Pilots Lounge”