Video or audio training material

Looking for somewhere to post an unusual question? Got something that doesn't fit anywhere else? Do it here...
ScoobaLimaLima
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Video or audio training material

Postby ScoobaLimaLima » Mon Oct 28 2013, 09:26

Hey Fellow Slappers,

Well it's been several years since my last log on to BS and several years since my last time behind the wheel so to speak. I completed my CPL(H) in 2008 and flew privately for another year or so with 22, 44 and 206 endorsements and about 200hrs TT until I moved interstate, ran out of $$$ and sort of fell out of the loop.

My question is, how hard do you think it would be to get back into flying both practical and theory after such a long hiatus, and is there any good video or audio learning material available online for both theory and practical instruction?

Cheers,

SLL
HVH
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Video or audio training material

Postby HVH » Tue Oct 29 2013, 02:48

Straight to the point with no malice......Not hard if you WANT to get back in :D
froginasock
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby froginasock » Tue Oct 29 2013, 03:38

Visit a school in your area and organise some refresher training (theory & Flight) & BFR. I'm sure they wouldn't have any problem using their training material/aids to get back into the books before you start the flying.

If you are getting back into it - make sure you go in with eyes wide open before spending any hard earned. The road hasn't become any easier.
Law Abiding Citizen
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Law Abiding Citizen » Tue Oct 29 2013, 05:18

Never give up mate - I believe this is some of the best training material out there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTFnmsCnr6g

Good Luck!

Return to “The Pilots Lounge”