Any operators in Cairns or Brissy for some assistance?

Looking for somewhere to post an unusual question? Got something that doesn't fit anywhere else? Do it here...
aussiecop
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Any operators in Cairns or Brissy for some assistance?

Postby aussiecop » Wed Apr 16 2014, 15:33

G'day guys,

Not sure how many of you read Vertical Magazine here in Australia or follow their Facebook page, but any of you that see pictures may know Dan Megna, who is one of their lead photographers. He's a good mate of mine and during a phone conversation last night he mentioned that he is headed to Brisbane in a few weeks to do a shoot for a client. He is trying to get a few days on either end of the shoot he's doing to see some sights and go to the reef. My suggestion was to head up to Cairns as he was hoping to make a working trip out of that part and maybe do a shoot with an operator up there while he was in town for Vertical if he can get the extra days confirmed to make it happen. Either way, he is a top bloke and former LE pilot with the San Diego County Sheriff's office so I wanted to get him hooked up with some local contacts for both operators in Brissy and Cairns to show him some Aussie hospitality and potentially work out a shoot or whatever he can squeeze in during his quick visit. I used to have a few contacts up that way, but have been unable to dig out their emails.

Is there more than one operator flying out of YBCS and the marina these days? I've been gone a few years now, but last time I checked it was just GBR helicopters. Feel free to PM me or shoot me an email if you can help at ryan@airborneproductions.net

Cheers,

Ryan
aussiecop
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Any operators in Cairns or Brissy for some assistance?

Postby aussiecop » Thu Apr 17 2014, 15:10

Thanks for the responses from the Cairns guys, are there any Brissy operators on this forum?

Return to “The Pilots Lounge”