ISA

Looking for somewhere to post an unusual question? Got something that doesn't fit anywhere else? Do it here...
as350_nut
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

ISA

Postby as350_nut » Mon Feb 2 2015, 23:06

Is ISA likely to change with global warming???
bangequalsbad
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: ISA

Postby bangequalsbad » Tue Feb 3 2015, 00:40

You didn't get the memo?

CASA changed it as of 1st of September 2014...then issued an instrument saying to continue using the current system until enough people care about the change to take effect. I think it expires 3015.
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Tue Feb 3 2015, 00:44

There hasn't been an increase in average global temperatures for 17 years.
It didn't change in the 70's when "they" were claiming a mini ice age was upon us, so, I'd say no.
Heliduck
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Heliduck » Tue Feb 3 2015, 02:05

The ISA has always been a hot p%$@k of a place, so a few degrees more won't make much difference.
"Plan twice...Fly once"
Firefish
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Firefish » Tue Feb 3 2015, 02:14

bangequalsbad wrote:You didn't get the memo?

CASA changed it as of 1st of September 2014...then issued an instrument saying to continue using the current system until enough people care about the change to take effect. I think it expires 3015.

Ha!
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Eric Hunt » Tue Feb 3 2015, 07:29

They need to change the name to stop the ratbags from trying to join it to destroy the world.
arrrj
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby arrrj » Tue Feb 3 2015, 09:11

Julia Gillard (WTF ?) said that the "science is proven"...so I guess we simply do not understand !

(What a load of BS...it was the coldest month [Jan] in Sydney since 1942).
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Tue Feb 3 2015, 09:48

arrrj wrote:Julia Gillard (WTF ?) said that the "science is proven"...so I guess we simply do not understand !

That's because the science isn't proven. The planet is still coming out of an ice age that ended 20,000 years ago. The middle east at some poiint was under sea, otherwise there wouldn't be any oil there. Global warming! PAH!!!! It's an excuse to tax the populace without the guilt. Human impact on the planet is visible however, to have done the damage that is reported is utter fantasy.
Zebt
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Zebt » Tue Feb 3 2015, 21:08

Evil Twin wrote:
arrrj wrote:Julia Gillard (WTF ?) said that the "science is proven"...so I guess we simply do not understand !

That's because the science isn't proven. The planet is still coming out of an ice age that ended 20,000 years ago. The middle east at some poiint was under sea, otherwise there wouldn't be any oil there. Global warming! PAH!!!! It's an excuse to tax the populace without the guilt. Human impact on the planet is visible however, to have done the damage that is reported is utter fantasy.

The science and scientists don't blame global warming on humans, only that we have accelerated it. The vast majority of climate studies and reputable scientists all agree 100% on the fact that the planet is slowly warming, no serious science disputes this, there is all sorts of rubbish pseudo science and rhetoric pumped out mostly by ignorant groups that claim it's not happening, this is just 'head in the sand' attitudes. Science and history also show that warming events like this have happened numerous times through the ages, however this one is slightly different and concerning due to it's speed, and of course there are 7 plus billion of us plague animals that don't want our lives disrupted by it. The planet warming will end in another ice age, it's very basic science.

Global warming will mean that weather events will become more severe and sudden, as is happening, this means colder (and warmer) winters and summers, more disruption to the normal weather patterns, more severe storms etc etc, all things we are seeing with our own eyes.
Don't take my word for it, google it and read the studies that have been carried out by those without agendas doing real science and reporting in official science journals and you will find overwhelming facts that it is here and it will continue no matter what we do as humans, unless perhaps we cull 75% of us back to sustainable numbers. Imagine trying to squeeze possibly 20 billion plus humans into the equatorial regions!
arrrj
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby arrrj » Tue Feb 3 2015, 22:40

ET

Exactly my point sir.

My house is built on sandstone rock, and is at 800 feet AMSL. That's the CURRENT AMSL ! Of course, the sandstone was once the bottom of the ocean...so the ocean was at least 800 feet higher than currently.

The smart science indicates that the sun has far more to do with any change in our climate, rather than "carbon" (again, WTF ?). That said, it's probably not a bad idea to reign in the amount of pollution - but I doubt it has anything to do with climate change.

Arrrj
tinman
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby tinman » Wed Feb 4 2015, 00:35

Last edited by tinman on Fri Feb 6 2015, 06:55, edited 1 time in total.
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Wed Feb 4 2015, 00:51

tinman wrote:http://www.iflscience.com/environment/sorry-climate-change-deniers-warming-not-paused-and-modeling-not-flawed

My theory: because pilots are big polluters, it makes us feel less guilty denying the whole global warming thing :roll:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA
Rattlegun
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Rattlegun » Wed Feb 4 2015, 10:34

Aside from ignoring an overwhelming scientific consensus, the thing I don't understand about Climate Change skeptics:

If all the climate scientists are wrong, then we could end up spending a whole bunch of money making the world a better place to live (especially for our children) for, like, no reason.

But, if the skeptics are wrong...
bangequalsbad
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby bangequalsbad » Wed Feb 4 2015, 22:58

The only reason why there is any scepticism about global warming is because there are multi-billion dollar companies who can afford 100 million on a few payouts to delay change for another election cycle. Humans, as a species (or virus...depending on your opinion), are apathetic, selfish, lazy bastards. We generally don't care about things until they affect us. I bet if you were a fisherman living on little pacific island who is literally watching the sea rise to the front step, you'd probably be wondering why the "educated" people of the world haven't got this under control yet.
The world moved pretty quickly to ban CFC's and now, while the ozone layer hole isn't "fixed", it's the smallest over the antarctic it's been in 20 years.
Now I'm not saying we can ban carbon, but there are alternatives. Coal power stations...out. Nuclear...in. There are even very bright people out there working on using nuclear waste as fuel for future power stations. As technology improves...so does our chances of continued existence on this little green and blue (and brown in the centre) earth.

If you do what you've always done...you'll get what you've always had.

On a side note, I remember reading that the Hughes 500 had the largest carbon footprint of any mode of transport in the history of man...by a healthy margin. From memory the unit was lb of carbon per seat per mile over the entire fleet. That was around '99. Wonder what it is now? The 22/44/66 family must be a contender...or 350's?

Anyway...happy Thursday!!
Yankee
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Yankee » Wed Feb 4 2015, 23:33

Found this little bit of tid bit... and it comes from Australia... not sure what hes babbling about for the last 30 seconds tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUnvm0qhe2g

BTW. The wealthiest 1% of Americans now control over 50% of the wealth in Amerika now... Tax them I say...
Don't think of yourself as and ugly person. Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey.
Slapstick
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Slapstick » Thu Feb 5 2015, 01:01

Getting off topic a bit here... But I disagree with having higher tax for the wealthy.

Now I am nowhere near rich, as a Grade 3 instructor I get paid peanuts, and I work hard for those peanuts. But why should some bloke who has worked hard and most likely made sound investments to get where he is be punished with extra tax? Good on him I say.

You want to save dollars, how about halving the benefits of the centrelink rorting degenerates.
muppet
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby muppet » Thu Feb 5 2015, 05:21

I thought it was nice to see that other chopper pilots are as cynical as me about APGW, I mean, global warming, oops again, I meant to say Climate Change (comes with the cynical nature of our industry I guess!), but alas some of us appear to have been conned by the lefty brigade. The universe (and by consequence the earth) will change and there is little we can do other than adapt. Which we have done quite well for the past few million years in one form or another. Claiming that carbon dioxide emissions will cause that change (so we should buy our way out of trouble by trading carbon credits... hmmm... come on, let's be serious and stop that nonsense at least!!). or accelerate it is simply daft. Most slappers will agree we should care for the environment and not pour nasty toxins into the eco system, but it seems unless you embrace human-caused global warming nonsense you are branded as a heretic. Like most things in life, the truth is somewhat different to what you hear from the mainstream and fool like Al Gore.

Anyway, to keep this related to things-slapperish, let's suggest the greenies (and everyone else) stop using choppers because they are such obvious polluters... Until the next need us again for something of course... If anyone has any suggestions his we can be more eco-friendly as chopper drivers, please be forthcoming with your wisdom... Cheers!
arrrj
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby arrrj » Thu Feb 5 2015, 06:02

Muppet,

Hear hear.

Arrrj

PS - those of you with left leanings need only to use google to find out how well conned you have been. Check out the rise in sea level...it's actually 0.65mm per year, for the last 200 years (a little before "carbon" was the "cause" !). Also, and again, how do you explain the sea level drop of over 800 feet from my home ? Who was causing that ? The dinosaurs ? At 0.65 mm per year, it is going to take way too long for my waterfront property to appear !

I know it is a lost cause...but it's worth looking around guys, the "Always Broadcasting Communism (ABC)" is NOT the expert on this !

Now back into a helicopter to increase the sea level 8)
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Thu Feb 5 2015, 06:38

This about sums up how the a$$holes that are supposedly the "leaders" and decision makers treat "global warming"
http://www.breitbart.com/national-secur ... l-warming/
Charbuque
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Charbuque » Thu Feb 5 2015, 06:41

arrrj wrote:Muppet,

Hear hear.

Arrrj

. Check out the rise in sea level...it's actually 0.65mm per year, for the last 200 years (a little before "carbon" was the "cause" !). Also, and again, how do you explain the sea level drop of over 800 feet from my home ? 8)

1. Industrial revolution 1760 - 1840.
2. Land rises and falls as well as sea levels e.g. Plate Tectonics. Current sea level rise appears to be 3.3mm per year since 1990.
3. 800ft is not very far if you've got hundreds of thousands or millions of years to cover it.

Return to “The Pilots Lounge”