Current CHC EBA Proposal 11/02/08 Update 4

eba
Have YOUR say

Re: Current CHC EBA Proposal 11/02/08 Update 4

Postby eba » Fri May 9 2008, 13:52

I dont think you could call your fellow employees union bullies to ask that all pilots financially support the AFAP. It is not unreasonable to expect someone who will benefit from the actions of union members and the AFAP to ante up and financially support the organisation that ultimately supply the pilot reps with their expertise in the intracies of the EBA process. If you think that they do not, maybe you should take a job as one of our reps and try and deal with the commission and the legal intracies that are delt with on our behalf by the AFAP.

That said, I hear that the reps have been told that there is no more money to be offered by the company in any future negotiations and have put off the requested meeting saying they are too busy.

How arrogant, Our reps would ask for a meeting in good faith, prior to going down the I believe now certain path of Industrial action only to be told we are too busy.
It seems Chris wants to test our resolve, so be it, I would have thought 80% would have been a fair indication that talks need to be resumed.
Now is the time to stay strong and united and show how we feel about the the companys arrogance.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri May 9 2008, 13:58

Did I read right $80,000 for a single driver at Heli Air in ADl that must be a mistake !! Capital city no IFR single eng, no could'nt be. Now tell me we dont have a shortage of drivers in Aus.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Sat May 10 2008, 02:48

...you'll get $20k more in Perth!
VFR Jet Ranger jock on media work in a capital city, in the OZ about 6 months a go, $100k. Written on the Ad.

You may of seen an ad recently for 412 drivers for ET? I know for a fact, $120k TAX FREE (military contract) 3 on 3 off. Crewmen $80k
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Sat May 10 2008, 14:47

Read the ads, $80k in Adelaide and $100k Perth for single engine drivers is a total package, including super!
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu May 15 2008, 00:25

no more money hey .
IFR Offshore Captain Casual Day - $550, LAME Casual Day - $ 680 , E + I Casual Day $ 789
LAME Early Start ie Half an hour after me - $ 30 Offshore Captain - $ 0
LAME Late Finish ie same time as me - $ 50 Offshore Caaptain - $0
Split Shift LAME $ 250 Offshore Caprtain $ 250, wow!!
LAME come crewman , shares a helmet - $ 30 , Captain shares Company supplied Head Set - $ 0

Comparison of Risk , LAME drops wrench on toe , need l say more .
Are you happy to do a casual day , when the LAME on the floor is making $ 130 more than you.
Something is wrong here!!!!
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu May 15 2008, 02:53

What is going on?

I thought we were going to vote to exercise the right to take industrial action ??? (if need be) Has anyone heard or seen anything?

Is everyone saying no to the 16th day tours, (and FLC) and short notcie roster changes? I heard that the company is going for the GO SLOW option to get the CA going?

Some feed back would be great!
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu May 15 2008, 09:04

I heard that the Reps are going to Head Office around the 22nd. Nice if they actually sent something out to ask what we want them to say?
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu May 15 2008, 11:26

So remind me again why I MUST join the AFAP. Below is what their website says, so far I cannot see any benefits anywhere near worthy of 1% of my wage + GST + joining fee. What are the real advantages of joining?

Become a member of the Australian Federation of Air Pilots, and gain access to a range of benefits, such as:

AFAP (Australian Federation of Air Pilots) is pleased to announce a new partnership with Members Equity Bank. Members Equity Bank is 100% owned by some of Australia’s leading superannuation funds, and was formed to provide working Australians with access to low cost home loans and other financial products. Similarly, to those offered by the major banks but with less fees and charges.

The partnership enables AFAP members to access Members Equity Bank products, specifically, the Super Members Home Loan, which is discounted product, designed for union members such as those of AFAP.

AFAP looks forward to developing a mutually rewarding and beneficial relationship with Members Equity Bank to bring high value, straightforward products and services to our members.

For more information contact Members Equity Bank on 1300 309 374 or visit www.membersequitybank.com.au

Europcar Car Rental Australia Wide

Europcar is the largest international car rental company of European origin. Europcar’s mobility services can be found at 2650 locations in 118 countries worldwide, providing a fleet of over 220,000 quality vehicles to meet your every need. Europcar offers AFAP members competitive all inclusive vehicle rental and half price airport parking.

Entertainment Publications

On-Line Entertainment is a national dining, accommodation and activities package that provides members with valuable benefits. Over 1500 restaurants feature, providing 20% off the total bill (up to $25) on an ongoing basis. Hotels throughout Australia and New Zealand offer 50% off the rack rate, and printable vouchers are available for many take-away chains, attractions and activities.

Gold Coast Holiday Apartment Rentals

A variety of 2/3 bedroom apartments at various Gold coast locations including car hire at very competitive prices to all AFAP members.

US Based Global discount provider

Providing 1000s of global travel discounts, you can log-on daily to locate travel bargains and search an extensive database of discounts on airfares, cruises, tours, hotels, B&Bs, condos, resorts, restaurants, bars, stores and much more.

LOOKING FOR A HOTEL CLICK ON THE OCTOPUS

octopustravel offer the lowest rates at 19,000 hotels worldwide, sightseeing tours, travel guides and much more.

Breakaway

Breakaway Travelclub is Australia’s largest and leading travel industry Travelclub. You can experience savings of up to 75% on a huge variety of products including airfares, accommodation, car rental, car insurance, duty free and more!

Major Car Dealer - new and Used

All members of the AFAP are eligible for a sizable discount off the retail price of all vehicles, including free accessories and discount on service.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu May 15 2008, 12:14

Nothing is as blind as a man who won't see.

How about supporting the group that are representing you and negotiating your EBA?
How about joining a group that will represent you in an Aviation court of law should you ever need it?
How about supporting a group that has the best loss of license insurance cover in the business?
How about assistance and or representation for you should you have an accident or incident?

These are just some of the main advantages...and then theres all the items you so rightly mentioned as well.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu May 15 2008, 12:26

Well if we are all so proud of the work the AFAP did with the EBA why did we all vote no?

And we should support an insurance company? Perhaps mentioning that if you join you have access to a credible loss of licence insurance policy rather than telling us to support an insurance company. If you want to support an insurance company join and never make a claim.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri May 16 2008, 05:00

Interesting Posts above!! it seems the 1% payment is the real problem to some joining, but they will still take the money when it is hard earned by the others actions.

There were more than one group (AFAP) in those negotiations that you say we were all proud of. We all say the Bristow outcome was good, well who do you think represented them? The only difference was they had nearly 100% support and faithin the people representing them unlike some of us, who appear to hide behind other things like saying join an insurance company . I think the real thruth is they are just too tight to pay the 1%.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri May 16 2008, 05:30

Hi all, Have heard that the reps are going in next Thurs to HO for the next round of EBA talks. They have a list of negoitable and non negotiable items.
For those of you who don't know (and I don't know why you don't know?) here they are as I know them.
NON NEGOTIABLE, Pay increase equal to Bristow, Truscott to be brought up to standard.
NEGOTIABLE, 6 weeks annual leave for tourers, Casual days, EMS allowance, I do not know if there is any particular order to these.( there may be others)

Firstly I know that the guys at Truscott are grateful for the support to bring the camp up to speed as it should be, but I believe that this issue should not impact on other claims in the upcoming talks as I am sure it will.

The items in the Truscott claim are already in the current EBA and have not been supplied by the company. We are effectively using these EBA talks and possibly industrial action to force the company to bring the camp up to the agreed standard.

How is this a new claim? and why should it possibly impact on the amount of funds or possible barganing chips available to pay other valid claims in these negotiations?

I think that the EMS allowance and casual days should also be on the Non negotiable list as there has been a great deal of discussion about these claims and the 12 hr day issue.
It is unfortunate that the reps have seen fit to go into these discussions again without confirming the above points with the pilot group . History repeats!!

If you agree let your reps know or get whats given!!!!
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri May 16 2008, 05:45

eba wrote:Interesting Posts above!! it seems the 1% payment is the real problem to some joining, but they will still take the money when it is hard earned by the others actions.

There were more than one group (AFAP) in those negotiations that you say we were all proud of. We all say the Bristow outcome was good, well who do you think represented them? The only difference was they had nearly 100% support and faithin the people representing them unlike some of us, who appear to hide behind other things like saying join an insurance company . I think the real thruth is they are just too tight to pay the 1%.

AFAP represent Bristow and get what they want, represent CHC and we all vote no. So are the AFAP punishing us for not having nearly 100% support?
Not hiding behind any thing I am a member and I friggin hate unions. If 1% is such a small amount how about you spring for the guys who can't afford then you can have your nearly 100% membership
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri May 16 2008, 06:23

eba wrote:For those of you who don't know (and I don't know why you don't know?)

we are not all tourers, and some of us don't get to talk to other pilots to find what is going on!

I understand why the reps don't keep us up to date on everything that is happening (as they will have idiots like recent post by the anti AFAP idiot complaining and wanting things but not willing to support it. and then be bomb barded with emails saying we want this and we want that, they would never get anywhere)

The reps know who are members and who aren't (as does the company) and I am sure the reps turn a blind eye when these guys put in there 2 cents as all they are doing is complaining and can't really do anything else but!

I hear Bristows are looking for pilots if there so good then why not go and stop complaining and wasting our time reading your posts!
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri May 16 2008, 07:49

Isnt that the idea of this site so those who dont get to talk to others can read nrw stuff going on and contribute to the discussion as it happens.

I would have thought that the pilot majority would have been the ones to decide what is asked for by the reps. If we dont know whats being asked its little wonder the vote was no.

Where did the person above say he wanted to go to Bristows or that they were so good.

Everybody is entitled to opinion just get the facts right prior to posting a reply.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri May 16 2008, 10:28

I don't believe that the new negotiations should be hung-up on the issues at Truscott base.

The CHC people touring to Truscott must make a stand for themselves:
- No 16 day tours
- No extensions via FLC
- Do not continue to accept substandard accommodation in return for $27 etc.
- etc.

The most important issues for the EBA negotiations next week should be:
- 20% increase of Base salary + 5% + 5% + CPI
- Increased EMS allowance
- Other issues that the Reps believe should be pursued.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri May 16 2008, 14:48

Yes and we will leave the EMS guys to fight for on their own for their real claim! Very shory sighted view stated above.
Ps The reps do think the Truscott issue is worthy of persuing for all, now and in the future.
Yes an offshore driver but one that has made it quite clear that support for the EMS guys claim should be supported.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Sat May 17 2008, 02:39

Guys, if you were to think outside the box a little, negociate into your EBA for the company to refund your AFAP subs/loss of licence cover..that way you get your AFAP assistance for nix, the same as those forward thinking chaps at Bristow.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Sun May 18 2008, 03:19

I fully support the Truscot issues but they are already covered under the existing CA. If the company is not going to fix the issue as they are required to do under that agreemant then the guy's directly affected have to take action themselves. With pilot rep support and the help of the AFAP I'm sure the comapny would be forced to address the issue properly. Accepting deficiencies in facilities will never be fixed by this comany unless strong pressure is applied. Those who need to fix/ approve these changes don't sleep at Truscot so they do not care. Firm action will force changes.

Just as the guy's on WP6 pursued their overtime payment, it was the guy's directly involved sticking together as a group and involving the AFAP that forced the company to address the issue and find an acceptable offer. This only happened after the initial offer from the company was firmly rejected (sound familiar) and through the AFAP was put on notice that the work practice would be rejected.

All those that don't currently support the AFAP or question their worth are kidding themselves. Open your wallets, let the moths fly free and join an outfit that will play a major role in securing our financial future.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Sun May 18 2008, 07:23

Yes everybody is entitled to their opinion but please put some thought into it before hitting the keyboard.

Do NOT blame the reps or the federation for the No vote. The blame should lie firmly on the shoulders of the company for presenting a shortsighted and unrealistic offer. This is standard procedure in enterprise bargaining and life (present an offer below your best and try and sneak it through). Since when did you have to take a first offer in a negotiation and if you didn't why does that have to be the fault of the negotiating party?

Is their truth in the story Bristow now pays AFAP fees effectively :?: I didn't think this was legal as it is seen as Union domineering tactics over a group of employees. If anyone knows please let us know because if it is true we should definitely add it to our agreement and then half of the above posts could be deleted. :roll:

Return to “EBA Discussion”