Current CHC EBA Proposal 11/02/08 Update 4

eba
Have YOUR say

Re: eba

Postby eba » Sat Apr 12 2008, 02:11

eba wrote:some of the FO's need to think where they are going to spend the majority of there carreers . As a FO or Captain ? If l was a smart FO l would be pushing for a big as possible increase to the Captains pay cause that's where l am headed . Short term thinking !!!

Yes that's right take one for the boys.

Lets see, we currently have Captains flying as co-pilots, we also now have a 3 year progression to SFO instead of 2 years with Bristows (there's $20,000).

We also have FO's with low hours joining the company who may spend many years as FO's SFO's, more lost income.

We also have new machines coming onto the system that may require guys to spend many more years as FO's SFO's to build hours to become Captain.

In the last few years there have been many Captains moving across to offshore, delaying progression for FO's SFO's.

We also have a Bristows Pilot group who stuck together and didn't screw there own people, who demanded a fair share of the current spoils.

We are split as it seems we always have been in this company, all looking after our own little empire. United we prosper divided we return to bitching and winging about the state of the industry.

As there is an economic downturn in the air this is your last chance to get a decent pay rise, you may not even have a job in a few years so earn well while you can.

Shareholder's sorry guys but you may have a few cents less in your dividend this years as we want some of the action. CR sorry your may have a smaller bonus this year but i need to pay the mortgage, health costs, school bills, rising energy costs, feed my family and maybe if i can get some leave take a decent holiday for a change.

Vote no and get an equal pay rise.

"We are proud we pay the highest in the industry" yeah right on, put your money where your mouth is.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Sat Apr 12 2008, 05:35

HERE HERE!!!

Well put indeed.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Sat Apr 12 2008, 06:25

Received the mail. I thought it would have been appropriate to get a DRAUGHT agreement proposal that we could all study and make comments or recommendations to our reps. over a period of say 4 to 6 weeks. NOT the final document that we are supposed to vote on by the end of this month! Still smells very fishy that there is such a rush to vote it in before the fine print of Bristows EBA is made public. Also heard Heli Res boys have been told to hold tight and whatever CHC gets we'll pay you better! VOTE NO. This is only their first offer and there is a long way to go yet. Dont worry it will be back paid and worth the wait.
We are in BOOM times in the oil,gas and mining industry. The aviation component of the offshore industry is a mere 1% of their budget. They can afford it and would not blink an eye at it. I am sick of being paid less than the riggy who cleans the toilet bowls on an offshore platform. Dont waste it this could be our last chance for a long time.

Stick together and we will prosper.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Sat Apr 12 2008, 08:38

Let's stick together and vote no and get what we ALL deserve.
Come on it will be so much easier if we are united as pilots, it does not matter if we fly Offshore, SAR or EMS.
We are all under paid for the qualifactions and responsibilities we have.
This is the time to come together and be united to get what we want there has never been a better time.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Sat Apr 12 2008, 12:28

"The comment at the top of this page is way out of line."

Why is this way out of line?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on this forum aren’t they?

This sort of antagonism makes you wonder who is making the comment.

Maybe its time to change the username and password!
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Sat Apr 12 2008, 21:16

In response to R.D's email.
"I understand that there is an EMS allowance in place already for those doing that job."
No, there's not. There is an allowance to work WP2. A 24/7 roster that requires 4 pilots is being done with 3. For 30% more productivity we earn a messily 7.5%. We want that upped to at least 15%, it ain't gunna happen, so there's a push to move from WP2 to WP6 that those bases. We will then loose the 7.5%, but worth it to get some life back.
Secondly, "Maybe it is time to go for things like the reintroduction of the Offshore allowance" I'm guessing this is in response to C.R. alluding to the fact that because we have 1/2 our work force not off shore, we don't compete in the same market therefore a comparison rate to Bristows' is not practical? So what you'd like to see is the pilot group divided, the off shore boys get the 36% and the rest can go hang? Nice.
We need to stand united as one. The whole helicopter pilot sector is in great demand, not just offshore. We have a definite advantage in the this EBA, lets stay united, focused and use it.
eba
Have YOUR say

RD reply.

Postby eba » Sun Apr 13 2008, 14:01

I could have sworn I said I was not advocating for an offshore allowance in my email.
Sorry about the mistake regarding the EMS allowance it should have been called the WP2 allowance not the EMS allowance.

I guess we could call any offshore allowance the WP1 allowance, also often done with less than the pilots req.

MY email was posted on the company mail system , so I would expect the writer above to reply on the company email not hide behind another forum that allows anominity.

We do agree on thing out of your email unity of the pilot group.
RD.
eba
Have YOUR say

Re: Current CHC EBA Proposal 11/02/08 Update 4

Postby eba » Tue Apr 15 2008, 05:15

I have had a look through the proposed EBA document and obviously disagree with the proposed increases to the salary, firstly the discrepancy in the percent between FO’s and Captain’s salary and as indicated in previous posts the cost of living has increased for all individuals. Secondly the percentage salary increase should be at least 20% straight up, followed by 5% a year thereafter, plus CPI.

The other concern I have is the state of accommodation and living conditions at Truscott, the present EBA clearly states the standard required including additional recreational facilities that should be made available, at present Truscott does not meet any of the standards any yet we are required to spend half the year at the base. The Company have acknowledged that that the present 12 rooms are the bare minimum standard, and yet with the planned increased activity out of Truscott and the fact there will be insufficient CHC rooms, there would appear to be no effort being made to increase/upgrade any additional rooms. The attitude appears to be one of “that’s now where the work is, so grin and bear it”

The proposed EBA will now allow the Company to force individuals to live in known substandard accommodation for up to 3 tours a year. What will be next? Will the SAR deployments now be forced to stay at the local caravan for one deployment a year?

We have to safe guard our living conditions, the EBA clearly states what standard is required and yet within the document there is provision for the Company to force us into facilities that do not come close to that minimum. (Yes there is a $27-00 per night payment but this is just the Company paying its way out of its obligations). I believe anything less than the EBA standard is unacceptable, and this is the time to send the Company that message.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Tue Apr 15 2008, 07:32

A few issues to ponder

New clause 10.3 last sentence.

Clause 13.1 in particular 13.1.2 first sentence.

Clause 13.7 (h) How does the pilot get there ie who's expense

Clause 16.1.3 All rights have been transferred to the company this is not right.

Clause 24.2.1 I thought full allowances had been reinstated?

Clause 24.5 This is a significant rewriting. All rights and power has transferred to the company. Lets face it the obligation on the company to not use this section as an escape clause to avoid their obligations to provide suitable accommodation has been included in every CA and to what effect, none. The only reason things have been improved at Truscott is because a competitor has moved in and has made a good attempt at providing suitable accommodation to its employees. Sub Para 24.5.6 should be deleted entirely, it strips the individual of all rights and is wrong.

Clause 33 A reinstatement of 42 days AL for touring pilots has not occurred

Clause 41.3.3 What if the pilot is dismissed by the company or sustains an injury and cannot return to work, what happens to the debt then. Does this training bond apply to existing employees when they transfer between roles/types, it doesn't say that the "bond does not apply to existing employees transferring between roles and types"

Appendix III Para 3 last paragraph is not acceptable and needs to be removed

Appendix III Para 4 don't agree to that because nothing will ever change if you do, remember you can no longer take any action whatsoever in support of a dispute as per Clause 13.1.2

WP6 appears to be a gold mine we should all be on it, good luck to the guys who are
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Wed Apr 16 2008, 14:58

I must concur with the above post especially on item 24.2.1 - Area Allowance.
This issue has been discussed heatedly by those on the lesser allowance and now after giving pilots a look at the higher allowance they are taking it back to the unfair half rate.
This is not a draft to be fixed up once the typo's have been pointed out. The company is asking us to sign an agreement that "does over" all pilots who have joined after Dec 2003 and all who are yet to join.
This is an indication of the "good will" in which the agreement has been written.
Why has this not been mentioned in the communications to date about the EBA? They must be trying to slip it through without anybody noticing figuring that dumb pilots won't read the agreement.

So have a read and decide whether you are happy to do over the post Dec 2003 pilots )c/
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Wed Apr 16 2008, 23:58

The above comment regarding WP6 should be a lesson to us all.

The overtime payments we now have were only received after the guy's on WP6 fought long and hard with the company. We won by sticking together on the issue and made use of Pilot rep/ AFAP support in resolving the matter.

The company was quite happy with the idea that we would work extra hours for free and saw no problem with them expecting us to do so. C.R was unbending on the fact that the first hour past end of shift would be for free. Newsflash, show me another job in the country that would accept this sort of thinking.As it now stands we at least get a non taxed meal allowance for the first hour, but only after getting to the stage of almost rejecting the WP. They also offered us an initial amount far below what we ended up with thinking we would be happy with whatever they offered. WRONG!

The other issue to keep in mind is the current rate of pay for Casual shifts. The company says there is no need for an increase besides the offered headline rates as they never have any problems filling holes in the roster at the current rate. I put this down more to the fact that the pilot group is happy to get on with the job and do the extra yards when asked to help out. We now find ourselves being taken for granted because we have been too accommodating on the issue. The current rate of $552 when covering a 14 hour shift works out to be just under $40 per hour before tax, about the same as you will pay for a 4th year APPRENTICE builder!!! Still sound like a good deal?

Let's see what happens after May 2, with the current proposal having received a loud and clear NO vote, and the pilot body sticking together and refusing extra shifts. Be interesting to see if the casual rate remains unchanged then.
Last edited by eba on Fri Apr 18 2008, 07:11, edited 1 time in total.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu Apr 17 2008, 03:33

I too will be refusing to do the 16th day at the base where I work come the 2nd of May, a fourteen hour shift is long for the money, some have to be away from their home 24 hrs for their $550 pay.

What has become obvious throughout these posts is the lack of knowlege and understanding throughout the company of other pilots in the company re work practices and accomodation standards at some bases and what is being asked of them and their families for little or no pay (MEAL allowance as above for 1hr of work, are they kidding) I ask all pilots to look beyond their personal work stream situation and ask one question of a friend they may have in another stream regarding the NEW EBA, that really affects them and share that with their base pilots, only then will we be able to understand and be really united in our future negotiations.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu Apr 17 2008, 08:11

Just a quick post to let any Pilot on a tour or on holiday and who have not received the EBA package, the cut off date for the voting slips to reach Melbourne is the 29th April 2008!
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri Apr 18 2008, 13:55

"Is is time to tell our Pilot reps to do as Bristow did below.

As I understand it the Bristow Pilot reps had approached the AFAP and had applied to the Industrial relations commission to put in place the things that they wanted to take industrial action on after their CA ran out, (ours is around the corner as you all know) eg, Not to do overtime, not to fly with DDl's on the aircraft and not to wear their uniforms are some of the things they went to the commission with.

I understand that this was all done while negotiations were somewhat stalled as ours are. IT is our right to have these things in place so when our CA runs out we are immediately in a position to move on to these strategies and do what is required to get the result we want. Yes thats right we want, I think!!! and we are the only ones who will make it happen the pilot group. "

[u]I agree with the author of the above post.[/u]
We need tp tell our reps to start the same procedure as the Bristow pilots did. Our company needs to know we mean business.

You can count me in!

Come on guys, we need to stand united on this one. There is no sense at having a go at each other. We all want the same result.

"Stand united we conquer" - "Stand alone we fall over", it's that simple.

As a suggestion, for those pilot's who have not been in the company very long and this is your first EBA. Why not talk to some of the guys who have seen a few EBA's go through and get some history on the problems we have had in the past. Maybe then you may get a bigger picture on the whole EBA process and the way the company continually tries to screw us over. Remember this- "The company needs us more than we need them".

We need to get the industrial process going, end of story!

I would like to hear a few comments on this suggestion!
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Mon Apr 21 2008, 19:59

Hi guys,

We all say we should stick together.I say the same however if it comes down to us taking action we should all be covered by the fed. for all thoes out there who are not members of the fed if we do take action you are not covered, so once again we are stuffed.Get together and join dont just hang on
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Tue Apr 22 2008, 05:44

We should all stick together on the casual day pay, either offshore gets the same as EMS or EMS gets the same as offshore.

You are all looking at the small picture, look at the EBA and count the number pages that have special allowances for EMS or SAR, now count the ones for offshore!! ZERO!

Offshore needs to get 8-10% more than EMS or SAR, as they sit at home and get $500.00 plus per 12 hours to sit within half hour of their home.

Offshore travel a long way from home, in some cases to overseas bases paying to run to house holds. But CHC call your DTA a tour allowance. I DON"T THINK SO.

If you vote yes on a first offer you lack common sense. People who vote yes, must never haggle when buying a house or car.

THINK!!!
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Tue Apr 22 2008, 09:17

To the gentleman who feels he is worth more than an EMS/SAR pilot, well you obviously don’t THINK the issues through your self, as such divisive remarks only weaken the pilot group and the ability of any to gain their desired outcome.

You need to state your case and campaign for the issues that are important to you while remaining open minded and considerate of your fellow work mate. Only in this way will we achieve the out come we all want.

I remind all CHC pilots to be constructive and open minded in this EBA debate. To support each other while making your decision to support and not this proposal with honesty and conviction.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Tue Apr 22 2008, 09:36

What happened to sticking together?

Working to rule has never worked and never will. It just gives the company a bad name. When there is no clear explanation as to why there is a temporary shortage of crews, at regular intervals (working to rule). The client simply moves to the opposition at the earliest convenient opportunity. No more work!
The training of new crews takes time and pilots are hard to find.

Vote No to the proposed agreement.

The current EBA finishes in May, so there is another opportunity to take more action and ,if necesssary, stop work! And stop work just for one day, show that every single pilot has voted no and that no means no! Then start talking about what we really want, as a group who have shown that they can take a strong and very clear position when it comes to negotiating the future living standards of ourselves and our families.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Tue Apr 22 2008, 12:20

Would theese clients be going to the opposition who is now paying more than CHC? Please lets just get this one right for all, just think of the other bloke irrelevant of the stream, I think we all agree that a casual day is worth more that the current rate so lets just say that and work it out .I think the current proposed 16th day offer would be good for all casual days as it addresses all streams concerns about hours away from home.Just an idea!!
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Wed Apr 23 2008, 02:19

To achieve the best possible outcome I feel we need to communicate rationally and professionally. Under the current EBA it is the individuals right to elect or decline to undertake a casual or a 16th day.

Return to “EBA Discussion”