Pay and Conditions in New Zealand

What's a job in helicopters pay? Does it pay? Why do you get paid more than me?
SLFMS

Re: Pay and Conditions in New Zealand

Postby SLFMS » Sun Oct 2 2011, 12:33

Hi SuperF

I agree about having to pay yourself a wage as a Owner, I guess what I was alluding to was that there are plenty of Operators that are happy to have their pilots live in poverty while they are living the high life. Fair enough that they should earn more as the risk is also theirs to bear but the morality of SOME operators disgust's me.
You still get that in Aus as well, but I hear pilots talk about their first jobs and how poor the pay was and think if only I had got that much!! I guess it is all relative. Reading your post in another thread about starting guys off and you rates for newbees it sounds like your company is one of the good ones. Incidentally I also dislike hearing new CPl's complain and wanting the big bucks without doing the hard yards. I think all any of us would like is a fair deal.
I think your comments on a 20% margin because of the high risks are valid, the problem is that the next guy will settle for 19% and on it goes.

SLFMS
K78
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby K78 » Sun Aug 7 2016, 14:48

Just after an update as far as pay goes in NZ for an ag pilot with a few hundred hours turbine 700 total and 150 hours on Ag. Just want to make sure the offer is in line with what else is out there.
Feel free to PM, thanks for the help
blades
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby blades » Sun Aug 7 2016, 21:10

I thought you kiwis did everything for free

Return to “Pay”