New part 91 Webinar

Got a gripe, suggestion or praise about our regulator? Do it here. Who knows, you might make a difference...
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

New part 91 Webinar

Postby Twistgrip » Thu Mar 29 2018, 01:00

http://www.webcasts.com.au/casa050418/

If anyone is remotely interested. Casa have released a draft for new Part 91 operations and holding a webinar next week for anyone wanting to raise concerns :shock:
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: New part 91 Webinar

Postby hand in pants » Thu Mar 29 2018, 03:36

Concerns WILL be raised. Caa will say what they think we want to hear and then make part 91 law just like part 61, then spend the next 4 or 5 years making useless changes.
Part 91 is written the same way that 61 is, nothing the average pilot will be able to understand, unintelligible lawyer speak, all over the place rubbish that will be unworkable in most cases. The changes will require more paperwork, more money, more time and all for no reduction in efficiency or improvement in safety.

All in the name of "coming into line with icao. Only thing missing this time so far is "at no cost to the industry".

All this because we have people in charge who have little or no knowledge of our industry. Boards and committees are full of academics and lawyers. All of them think they know better than the people doing the work.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
stick_monkey
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby stick_monkey » Thu Mar 29 2018, 04:09

Here is the background info to explain Part 91. Had to look it up myself :|

https://www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/c ... ight-rules
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Thu Mar 29 2018, 07:05

Saw that in the $PAM section of my emails and deleted it.
Sorry to say, I don’t have the time to waste participating in CA$A surveys.
They do the complete opposite of what we want and what is needed for our so called “safer skies...”
Doosh bags.
Sorry team.
Anyone that’s interested in the face off.. go for it. The Australian Pilot Association may take on the battle. (Is that spelt Wright..)
GF is set in PH mode.
Happy Easter Slappers!
There is always an option.
Heliduck
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Heliduck » Thu Mar 29 2018, 14:40

I got to this part -
“If you are conducting an operation to which another CASR Part applies, then that part may add to or turn off some Part 91 requirements – either completely or partially.”

..& I couldn’t go on. FFS. :roll: :roll:

When I read it I can’t help but to use my best Captain Jack Sparrow impersonation. Maybe it’s not a rule, more of a guideline?
"Plan twice...Fly once"
Imout
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Imout » Fri Mar 30 2018, 03:13

Yes I started looking at it.
Could not get far.
Once they started talking about a "...pilot can do things and these things may...."

Although we must look at it and respond, you do have to ask if it is worth the effort as they (CASA) will

1. Ignore the input
2. Implement the change anyway
3. Change the rule set over the next 10 years as we continue with implementation during transition and
4. Take us back to where we are now anyway once they realise the new rule set does not actually work

Keeps them in jobs though.

Think we need to look at something differnt
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Fri Mar 30 2018, 07:29

After I got through some of this drivel, I sat there and thought, these turds are just winding us up surely. They must sit around in a group and have a hell of a laugh at us. Lets put this in, see how many notice, then we can have them just going around in ever widening circles trying to find an answer that isn't there.......................
SuperF
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby SuperF » Fri Mar 30 2018, 10:03

Don’t complain too loud. At least you are getting a helicopter rule part, and you get to keep Aerial Work.

In NZ in the CAAs wisdom they lumped helicopters in with aeroplanes for air transport and then decided to remove Aerial Work and add that into Air Transport as well!!
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Fri Mar 30 2018, 10:21

Ca$a say there are only minor amendments. I stopped at firearms, seems a bit easier to get a weapon on board though, maybe that’s to shoot yourself after reading part 91 :)
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Thu Apr 5 2018, 15:52

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to attend.

Is anyone privvy as to what transpired?

Regards
TG
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Thu Apr 5 2018, 21:47

I missed it too.

Dammed hair washing ...........................
_chopper
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby _chopper » Fri Apr 6 2018, 00:30

It was mostly about how they make the rules and the process with transitioning and where 91 fits into that. They mentioned several times CASA's intention to create a "plain English, one stop guide" to part 91 that pilots could refer to instead of having to go through CASR 91 or the 91 MOS. Similar to the AIM in Canada if your familiar.
There were a lot of questions about other parts that were kind of put off until the consultation on those parts begins or partially answered.
There was also a brief discussion about expositions and what exactly an exposition actually is with some examples.

Over all I think it was a good idea and something I think CASA should keep doing in the future.
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Fri Apr 6 2018, 03:01

Thanks for the feedback Chopper.
Yes the AIM in Canada i found was a good document so they are on the right path if that’s what they are leaning toward.
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Fri Apr 6 2018, 03:17

I wonder why they didn't do the "plain english, one stop guide" for 61???????
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Fri Apr 6 2018, 07:31

I'm surprised, though I shouldn't be, that they are marching on with more changes when they still haven't fixed the absolute goat fcuk that is Part (no cost to industry) 61!
_chopper
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby _chopper » Fri Apr 13 2018, 00:22

Now available to watch for anyone that missed it.
http://www.webcasts.com.au/casa050418/

Return to “CASA”