CASA Lucky they don't actually run a flying aircraft

Got a gripe, suggestion or praise about our regulator? Do it here. Who knows, you might make a difference...
Bitch Slapper
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

CASA Lucky they don't actually run a flying aircraft

Postby Bitch Slapper » Fri Jul 31 2015, 05:04

They just can not get anything right the first time. the below is taken from email received from CASA.

Transition of firefighting authorisations: update
The provisions of the aerial application rating and firefighting endorsement exemption (CASA EX114/14) will be extended by a further 12 months to provide certainty for operators preparing for the 2015/16 bushfire season.
On 24 July 2015 CASA provided advice to the aviation industry regarding the process for transitioning firefighting authorisations from the old system into aerial application rating and firefighting endorsements under CASR Part 61.
Thank you to those pilots who submitted applications following that advice.
Following feedback from the aviation community on the process and timing, CASA will be extending the current exemption (CASA EX114/14) and reviewing the transition process. The exemption will be renewed before its current expiry date.
The planned extension acknowledges the difficulties industry may experience in achieving sufficient numbers of endorsements by the original deadline.
Appropriately qualified pilots can continue conducting firefighting operations under an AOC that authorises those operations, subject to the conditions of the current exemption. Further advice will be provided when the extension has been formally registered.
We apologise for any uncertainty caused by the previous advice. CASA is committed to addressing issues identified via the flight crew licensing regulations post implementation review and we will continue to make adjustments where issues are identified.
If you have any questions about the transition of firefighting authorisations or would like to seek clarification regarding your specific circumstances, please contact your local CASA regional office.
More information on the flight crew licensing regulations post implementation review is available on the CASA website.
FIGJAM
Bitch Slapper
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: CASA Lucky they don't actually run a flying aircraft

Postby Bitch Slapper » Sat Aug 1 2015, 03:30

If the company I work for ran as badly as CASA has been, We would have crashed most of the fleet by now and just say owps that wasn't right was it !!
FIGJAM
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: CASA Lucky they don't actually run a flying aircraft

Postby hand in pants » Sat Aug 1 2015, 21:11

I think it is typical of how they do things now. Half think something out, don't tell anybody, not even their own people, make it law, claim it won't cost us anything and see how close they got..
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!

Return to “CASA”