Engineer*** SOE ON R 22/44

Got a gripe, suggestion or praise about our regulator? Do it here. Who knows, you might make a difference...
deanosky

Engineer*** SOE ON R 22/44

Postby deanosky » Tue Aug 18 2015, 09:26

Hello fellow airheads. I am starting a SOE ON R22/44. Airframe and engine*** WHICH GROUP SOE DO I NEED for example goup 1,2,3 B 1. idon't give a f#%k. I hate the casa website. Call me a dumbarse if you wish but i cant find the explanation there.
skiesrblue

Re: Engineer*** SOE ON R 22/44

Postby skiesrblue » Tue Aug 18 2015, 11:58

Give us a call at Airline academy I will direct you with what u need. you will be better off going with the JOE, will need to work out what prac modules you need to fill out since they are comp based, u will be heading for a B1.4 to cover the R44 and R22.
reeb

Re: Engineer*** SOE ON R 22/44

Postby reeb » Tue Aug 18 2015, 12:34

For the airframe side of things under the old soe you need group 2 for the r22 and group 19 for the r44. Not sure about the engine side of things though. I wouldn't necessarily say you would be better off going with the new systems JOE, if you have all your basics exams needed out of the way you can still put in for a small aircraft licence with SOE. But you are restricted to the smaller helicopters (single engine under 2500kg i think), if in the near future you want to work on larger helicopters JOE could be the way to go. Hopefully casa will sort themselves out and come up with a conversion to lift the small helicopter rating before the next cutoff (2019) so it shouldnt matter anyway

Return to “CASA”