Low Level Endorsement from NZ

Got a gripe, suggestion or praise about our regulator? Do it here. Who knows, you might make a difference...
Flyin-jocks
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Low Level Endorsement from NZ

Postby Flyin-jocks » Fri Sep 11 2015, 03:41

Hi Slappers

Can I fly Low Level in Aus?

Sorry if this has been covered before.. I did my CPLH in NZ and moved to Australia where I have been working since. The Trans-Tasman mutual agreement paperwork went through and I received my license with Aircraft ratings and sling etc.. but NOT low level. It doesn't really exist in NZ because your sling endorsement sort of covers it - I think. CASA regs say that you must have the Low Level Endorsed on your licence. hmmm

Pilots are telling me that if it's in your log book - which it is I got a sticker from my training school over there - then it's ok.

Is there anyone in the same situation?

Cheers
Imout
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: Low Level Endorsement from NZ

Postby Imout » Fri Sep 11 2015, 07:18

Did they give you SLING on your Aussie licence?
If they did that you cannot have a sling endorsement without a Low Level Rating so by default you may have it but it should be placed on your licence.
Under the new rules that will require a Flight Review
aaron
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby aaron » Sat Sep 12 2015, 05:10

I think you should get it on your licence, maybe when you do your HFR next or other training if required.
Ask instructor to do some low level so you can get it signed off.
Will make it easier (maybe) if a job comes along that you can tick all the boxes.
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Sat Sep 12 2015, 05:42

aaron, that's not entirely correct. A GR2 or higher operating under a 141 or 142 school can sign off a flight review for the appropriate ratings and flight activity endorsements, but they can't sign off on the initial issue if it's not on the Part61 licence. This requires a flight examiner under the new system. Playing semantics I know, but it is the way it is for now.
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
fly123

Postby fly123 » Sat Sep 12 2015, 07:22

I recently got my NZ CPL converted to AUS. I got my NZ training organisation to give me a sticker that said that they have signed me off for low flying (just like you get when you do your sling training). We cover this in our CPL training but its not a separate endorsement like in Aussie. When I converted my license to Aussie I sent a copy of that page with that sticker and when my Aussie license arrived it had low level on it.

Return to “CASA”