CASA feed back ???

Got a gripe, suggestion or praise about our regulator? Do it here. Who knows, you might make a difference...
Bitch Slapper
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

CASA feed back ???

Postby Bitch Slapper » Tue Sep 22 2015, 05:15

https://www.facebook.com/CivilAviationS ... ty?fref=nf

check it out Gang, good opportunity to have your say Please DO !!
FIGJAM
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: CASA feed back ???

Postby Evil Twin » Tue Sep 22 2015, 06:09

What if you don't do facebrag?
Skeeter
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Skeeter » Tue Sep 22 2015, 19:03

Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Tue Sep 22 2015, 22:10

What gets me is that they're paying someone to maintain a facebrag and no doubt twitter presence. Why? Why aren't these people fixing the multitude of problems that CASA has? Impossible to sit ATPL flight test in Australia, shall we fix it? No, lets have a facebrag page. Implementation of Part 61 is a complete and utter disaster as it was poorly written and hadn't been thought fully through, shall we fix that? No, let put on the facebrag a request for feedback that we can ignore.

Absolute muppets! )c/ )c/ )c/ )c/ )c/ )c/ )c/ )c/
Bitch Slapper
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Bitch Slapper » Tue Sep 22 2015, 23:45

I blame us.
We have had more comments on sunglasses than this post?
We do nothing much about CASA's s#!t rules , if we where strong and stood together we could fight them till we got proper rules.
We don't !
We cannot join up in numbers to our association, Because of the past ?
We complain about Facebook being a way to get in touch with CASA instead of getting in touch with CASA !
We are to blame now, I truly feel sorry for the next generation of Chopper pilots, and I am sorry for what we are leaving them.
FIGJAM
bangequalsbad
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby bangequalsbad » Wed Sep 23 2015, 00:00

Bitch Slapper wrote:I blame us.
We do nothing much about CASA's s#!t rules , if we where strong and stood together we could fight them till we got proper rules.
We don't !
We complain about Facebook being a way to get in touch with CASA instead of getting in touch with CASA !
We are to blame now, I truly feel sorry for the next generation of Chopper pilots, and I am sorry for what we are leaving them.

I'm torn, as it's in my nature to wait for the whole accident report to be finalised before blaming the pilot, though I agree with your position...

Bang "Lets all revolt!...after lunch." Equalsbad.
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Wed Sep 23 2015, 02:01

Bitch Slapper wrote:I blame us.
We don't !

I get your sentiment but I don't think we could force change even if we stood together. What could we do together? All go on strike and ground every aircraft in the country until the system was changed? Of course then we couldn't ground the air ambulances, fire fighting, EMS, essential services, mustering, RPT etc. hell even half of whats left would go straight back to work as they could charge a premium or grab the work that they didn't have before. Immediately the whole concept has been watered down. Then, CASA are a government run agency. They will not change even in the face of all the damning evidence against them, CASA don't believe they are doing anything wrong. Even skidmark has changed his tune and he's only been in the job 5 minutes. CAA in the UK and EASA are already backing away from the over-regulated system that they have created, what are CASA doing? Trying to make Australian aviation regulations as restrictive and full of legalese as the UK CAA and EASA!? You couldn't make this 5hit up! How would I change CASA if I could? I'd sack eveyone of them and make them re-apply for their jobs and apply very specific questions during the process designed to weed out the militant anti-progress nazi's. Have a common sense test, anyone failing to understand or be able to apply common sense is immediately stopped and removed from the process. All personal opinion or agenda must be prevented from seeping in to the system and any new rules be vetted by a common sense panel of OUR peers taken from across the avaition industry.

End rant.... back in the room
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Wed Sep 23 2015, 07:46

How many pilots/students here have paid the $150 and joined the AHIA? They're actually making good headway on the new regs on our behalf taking into account all viewpoints of the industry.

The main issue I see with CASA at the moment is the amount of staff that are under qualified or too in-experienced to be holding the positions they do.
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
arrrj
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby arrrj » Wed Sep 23 2015, 10:23

Havick,

Everyone should join the AHIA...everyone involved with helicopters.

As for CASA, I suspect that most employed there are trying their best...however it is simply not good enough. I submitted my Part 61 licence application in June - as "desired" at my HFR (or is it FR now ?). It's nearly October, and not a word, sorry that's not good enough. (Yes, I know I can fly in the meantime).

Arrrj
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Wed Sep 23 2015, 11:56

Arrjj, that's my point. Many in here happy to complain but few put their money where their mouth is and join the AHIA. Funnily enough the AHIA is doing more good for the industry (in my opinion) than AFAP ever will.

I agree that their are good people within CASA, but there is a lot more deadwood there. A great example is in one of the one of the latest AOPA articles alleging the now departed (from CASA) Dr Pooshan was inappropriately using the title professor and wasn't appropriately experienced/qualified for the role within AVMED (as suggested by the article). I could list countless other examples of inexperienced/under qualified employees that build in their own insecurities into new regulations/rulings/advice with no actual regard for the cost impost or the fact their decisions are not supported by an actual safety case.
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Wed Sep 23 2015, 22:24

We should be getting on farcebook as telling them what we think. Not just having a rant on here were we are pretty much preaching to the converted.
I will be.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
arrrj
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby arrrj » Thu Sep 24 2015, 04:43

Havick,

Yes mate - I was supporting you & I 100% agree about AHIA.

And agree with HIP too...a whinge here means FA, as I doubt that anyone at CASA reads BS - as they are too busy processing my Part 61 paperwork !

Arrrj
up-into-the-air
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby up-into-the-air » Wed Oct 28 2015, 00:14

There are old and existing problems in #casa, however Mark Skidmore only tackles these with more #casa missives

http://vocasupport.com/casa-october-missive-from-skidmore/
up-into-the-air
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby up-into-the-air » Wed Oct 28 2015, 23:02

Just another pointer as to how #casa is not being a good corporate citizen!!

#casa releases Annual report without any fanfare!!

http://vocasupport.com/casa-releases-2015-annual-report/
up-into-the-air
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: CASA regulatory review actions do nothing

Postby up-into-the-air » Thu Nov 5 2015, 05:44

The Cairns Regulatory meeting occurred last week and demonstrated that #casa is not interested in meeting #ozindustry requirements, either of Part 61 or maintenance changes.

Reading: http://vocasupport.com/casa-fails-to-meet-regulatory-requirements-of-ozaviation-or-the-australian-government/
up-into-the-air
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: AHIA ramps up it up calling for #casa to "fix matters"

Postby up-into-the-air » Sun Nov 8 2015, 23:50

Helicopter Industry calls it quits on assisting #casa cause more damage

AHIA Boss, Rob Rich and the helicopter industry have had enough according to today’s press release.

To: Helicopter Industry Colleagues,

It is time to take a stand against the unfair treatment of our industry by the Regulator and stop the distraction caused by the mismanaged regulatory reform process. To achieve this, we need to unite. We have been working hard to protect the industry’s existence but it seems CASA is not listening, heeding our suggestions or accepting our offers of assistance.

The vice-president Ray Cronin, supports this notion, saying:

“………..our industry members need to focus on their operations to ensure continued safe, efficient and financially viable futures in lieu of being dragged into impossible bureaucratic battles brought on by so much unwanted Government legislation…”

“We would be encouraged by a change in direction to see the DAS [Mark Skidmore] and CASA’s managers focusing on solutions and deal with what has already been raised rather than trying to flush out another range of issues.” Ray said.”

The aviation industry could not agree more Ray.

This attitude of #casa in refusing to fix the problems behind them such as Part 61 was well seen just last week in Cairns in another talk-fest.

http://vocasupport.com/casa-fails-to-meet-regulatory-requirements-of-ozaviation-or-the-australian-government/

Let’s bring in the US-FAR’s or the more palatable NZ-FAR’s now, reduce the redtape and allow industry to move on with it’s critical tasks. The current process reduces rather than enhances safety.

http://vocasupport.com/helicopter-industry-calls-it-quits-on-assisting-casa-cause-more-damage/
CALF

Postby CALF » Mon Nov 9 2015, 01:33

Yes..... Now the industry is broken and there is no solution.The faith in CASA has always been a question and now the answer is here.Am happy to support the idea, we need to be heard as an industry.
CASA is a government agency. PUBLIC SERVANTS employed to SERVE the people of our industry NOT DICTATE. They are there to work for the civilian world of aviation, and need to find the real world again. Not some one elses! Listen to OUR industry!
Stand as one, totally agree on this idea. :!: :!:
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Mon Nov 9 2015, 05:00

Agree, not that there is much I can do. Can add vocal support at least.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
County
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby County » Mon Nov 9 2015, 05:24

Agree with pulling all support. My view is that it wasn't broken so it doesn't need fixing.
CALF

Postby CALF » Mon Nov 9 2015, 07:24

Absolutely!
The old cleachae! It wasn't initially, but is now.

Return to “CASA”