CASA Survey

Got a gripe, suggestion or praise about our regulator? Do it here. Who knows, you might make a difference...
jetA1
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

CASA Survey

Postby jetA1 » Tue Dec 8 2015, 08:49

Guys and Gals! a lil survey to do regarding CASA! Have at it! Nothing will probably come of it, but atleast you will be putting something out there instead of just grumbling to each other on here!

http://www.casa.gov.au/mop
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: CASA Survey

Postby hand in pants » Tue Dec 8 2015, 23:34

Done, not a happy camper. But I know NOTHING will come of this, they took no notice of the industry before shoving 61, 141, 142 and 48.1 on us, they wont take any notice now.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
froginasock
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby froginasock » Wed Dec 9 2015, 01:09

Something will definitely come of it ... CASA has a terrible relationship with the entire known aviation universe at the moment .. so it's the BEST time for CASA to conduct their survey. It simply means that on the next survey satisfaction goes from 1% to 2% - still terrible but a 100% improvement! The director can then take the improvement 'percentage' to the Minister and say look what a great job we've done this year.

It's survey 101 .... 'to improve your rating - simply start with the lowest possible base score' Oc:=
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Wed Dec 9 2015, 02:18

I completed it some time ago when it was posted somewhere else on this site. I too believe it will come to nothing however, if we don't try we are guaranteed no result.

In my opinion CASA will change nothing for the better, they will only change things for the worse as they are far too detached from the reality of aviation and too many hi-vis wearing, clipboard carrying, oxygen thieves are guiding the show.

The Campaign Against Sensible Aviation has never been truer.
AHIA
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby AHIA » Wed Dec 9 2015, 22:23

Thanks guys for doing you bit, really appreciate your help.

A spy tells me the survey results may be made public about 15 December 2015; just prior to the launch of CASA's 26 folks and our 10 representatives from all the aviation industry. This meeting may be unpleasant as so much anger exists at present.

Problem is if no body replies; as happened at the beginning of the Part 61 nonsense; CASA DAS, then John McCormick, said as there had been so little comment it all must be OK.

Bladeslapper will be used by the AHIA to provide all the feedback (we are allowed) as it happens; so make a coffee (or a beer) and follow the match.

As you all know only too well this is our last chance!!

Several days ago we checked up on another ATPL debacle - absolute impressive stupidity. We believe key players are meeting in Canberra on 15 December 2015 to see why the CASA machine still does not work.

If this can be fixed - and get the ATPLs underway we will head off CASA's offer to help with 457 visas (DAS news item) for overseas aircrew to overcome the developing shortage!!

AHIA
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Thu Dec 10 2015, 06:25

Is the survey rigged against negative feedback??
I can't get past the second question..

I will keep trying.
There is always an option.
arrrj
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby arrrj » Thu Dec 10 2015, 08:14

Complete the survey. Otherwise we are doomed. Public servants love numbers...they can't make decisions without surveys.

Arrrj
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Thu Dec 10 2015, 09:35

Still no luck..

I can't get past the second question in the survey.
I'm selecting( very disappointed or undecided ) as the option.

I'm Not willing to grade them any higher at this point on the survey.

I select this as a honest opinion due to experience not bias.

They still have not provided me with a medical certificate since May.. Amongst other license change issues.

The portal is useless..

What really hurts is I have paid the fee$..

I have made contact with them on several occasions and documented all the names of so called humans who I spoke with at CA$A to keep a record and cover my bum.

Fu?cking Govererment agencies..
Typical.

WTF do we pay fees for despite TAX.. Don't get me started on that.

Australian Government and the associated agencies really are fu<ked.. Complete d!ck heads......

I won't give up!

Keep you posted.

GF winding up. :x
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Thu Dec 10 2015, 09:44

Problem is the results will be spun to say whatever the campaign wants them to....

Skidmark, you and your staff should hang your heads in shame, if you understood shame that is
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Thu Dec 10 2015, 09:53

Evil twin.

Yep..

Rigged.

A$$hole$..

I will try again tomorrow.
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Thu Dec 10 2015, 09:58

AHIA wrote:
Several days ago we checked up on another ATPL debacle - absolute impressive stupidity. We believe key players are meeting in Canberra on 15 December 2015 to see why the CASA machine still does not work.

If this can be fixed - and get the ATPLs underway we will head off CASA's offer to help with 457 visas (DAS news item) for overseas aircrew to overcome the developing shortage!!

AHIA

You gotta love bureaucracy! Stuff a reasonably good system that wasn't overly broken, make it hard for no good reason for local employees to get required qualifications for specific employment, create shortage for no good reason, then import foreign workers who then gain citizenship and keep local employees out of a job for what...

What was a hypothetical is now a likely and shameful outcome. What a complete shambles!
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Thu Dec 10 2015, 10:15

I'm actually considering taking my expensive and hard won qualifications overseas. Perhaps a more enlightened agency would make it less difficult to continue in this fantastic industry
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Eric Hunt » Thu Dec 10 2015, 10:59

But who are you calling "enlightened", Evil? Not the EASA countries?

Maybe going back to New Zullund would qualify, but the pay is a bit of a step backwards.

Rewriting our rules to eliminate the need for countless dispensations was a reasonable idea, but it has turned into Frankenfurter's monster, with nobody now able to comply with the rules. Bring on the dispensations, I am just glad to be out of it and able to throw stones from the sidelines.
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Thu Dec 10 2015, 11:06

Ya know Eric you're right. I'd not bother going back to NZ to fly, I'm done working for third world wages. Equally EASA governed countries are no better off. Perhaps bailing out of aviation is the answer.

Indeed creating a system free of dispensations was a good idea, unfortunately the ministry of $hit ideas got in on the act and made a mess of everything. We're all going to hell in a handcart...... Where do you go to learn how to drive a truck?
Zabar
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Zabar » Fri Dec 11 2015, 08:33

Evil, Truckmaster I think it is. We all might be needing that. :roll:
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Fri Dec 11 2015, 13:29

Yankee
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Yankee » Fri Dec 11 2015, 17:39

I filled in my survey. I do hope they make the results public.
I am concerned though... if it hadn't been for this forum I'd have never known there even was a survey... It's not like CASA doesn't have my email address or doesn't know where I live...
Don't think of yourself as and ugly person. Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey.

Return to “CASA”